905 users online (105 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hmmm 8truthseeker8.... It's worth a shot to put a link to the Jason doe fb page or something in a comment or something. I am at work and don't really have the capability to access fb here, but maybe someone else does?

RIP McStays

Quote Originally Posted by 8truthseeker8 View Post
    I know this may be a longshot and I am not sure if I can post this (so mods please remove if not allowed) but I found a link to the Grateful Dead show 06/25/1995 and several of the attendees of the show have posted

http://www.dead.net/show/june-25-1995
    not only have several posted, but there are about 600 users of that forum who have indicated they were at that show. seems like a good place to ask questions. <modsnip>

might not be a bad idea to put something more in-depth. very interesting that the other comments indicate bad rain and lightning that day and i saw what i took as a reference to someone getting killed and/or struck by lightning. i guess in reading through this grateful doe case i didn't realize how awful the weather was that day.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 04-24-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed comment from other site and personal email address

If you click on the user names (in red) their real names are posted..... maybe, just maybe a Caroline will be in there......

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSeaSnail View Post
    Now that you say that, it doesn't look like Caroline x 2 to me either. The blurred out bit doesn't help! I'm going to see if I can get a better quality note, as mine is really bad.
    That would be awesome. I could totally be off, but what if it is Caroline and Corrine? I knew girls who would sign their name with the first initial of their last and that's just how they did it in my yearbook....mayyyybe

Is there any, any chance that the number might be released at some stage?

They told mew they have done everything that can be done with the phone number. But why is there a G infront of the first Caroline on the note?

Quote Originally Posted by Beamie View Post
    They told mew they have done everything that can be done with the phone number. But why is there a G infront of the first Caroline on the note?
    I thought that was an arrow, indicating that it was that Caroline's phone number.

My question is: has it been considered that our Grateful Dead Fan might not be Jason? Maybe he had been with someone named Jason, and the Carolines had given him that note to give to Jason? I mean, I'm sure in 18 years someone has had that thought, I just haven't seen anything about it. Thanks.

Oh geez, an arrow, of course

My question is: has it been considered that our Grateful Dead Fan might not be Jason? .[/QUOTE]

If his name was Jason, they must have left the note somewhere (where?) for him, because they wouldn't have written his name on the note if he was standing next to them.
    Maybe someone else gave him the note from them, if his name was indeed Jason.
    Maybe he was going to give the note to someone else named Jason?
    Maybe he was wearing someone elses jeans?
    Maybe he took the note knowing that it was for someone else?

So many questions!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSeaSnail View Post
    If his name was Jason, they must have left the note somewhere (where?) for him, because they wouldn't have written his name on the note if he was standing next to them.
    Maybe someone else gave him the note from them, if his name was indeed Jason.
    Maybe he was going to give the note to someone else named Jason?
    Maybe he was wearing someone elses jeans?
    Maybe he took the note knowing that it was for someone else?

So many questions!

i agree with you. the most plausible scenarios involving the note are 1) he is jason and they left a note somewhere for him, likely wherever they were supposed to meet, 2) they gave him a note to give to jason. they may not have known doe's name but may have known that he knew jason.

sure there are other scenarios but imo they're less likely than one of those two. i don't think he gave them a fake name and i don't think they gave him a fake name, it just doesn't make sense especially when we haven't eliminated any of the likely scenarios.

considering he ended up hitchhiking with someone he seemingly didn't know, who wasn't at the show he had tickets for, i'd assume our doe didn't show up where he was supposed to be. it just seems unlikely to me, even given the bohemian tendencies of gd fans, that he wouldn't have had a better plan after the concert than walking down the highway with no money or identification. my guess is he was supposed to meet up with his ride at some point (and likely also the carolines) and didn't show up at the rendezvous point so they left without him.

the most pressing question to me, given the length of time, is what happened to his stuff? he didn't travel far with a lighter, four quarters, and ticket stubs. did he leave his stuff with the people he was getting a ride from? was he robbed? did his stuff end up in the parking lot on the ground? somewhere out there should be this guy's bag with clothes, id, money, etc and in eighteen years someone should have noticed something. i'm sure it's highly likely his stuff could have ended up in rfk's lost and found and been dumped two months later but still, there is a lot of questions in my mind simply about what brought this guy to the point that he was walking around with nothing to sustain him for more than a few hours?

What happened to his stuff??

The following scenario occured to me.

He came to the concert alone.

At some point he was robbed, and possibly roughed up. With the catastrophic injuries in the accident, any injuries from a previous assault would be impossible to discern.

He may have been wandering around and ran into Michael Hager. In an act of kindness, Hager took him under his wing, driving him heaven knows where. (We have no idea where J.D. was going).

The fact he never reported a robbery (if my scenario were the case); to the police was because he didn't want to be found out as a runaway or for a crime he committed. He was off society's radar, and thus has not been identified since.

This may explain why Hager was "stuck" with him for such a long time. It would be difficult to ditch a broke, possibly somewhat injured man.

Also, a robber may try to deliberately get rid of stolen property so as to not tie them to the crime. Or, they would keep anything valuable, So, in either case, it would never show up in public again, like it would if it were simply lost.

It may also suggest why he was drifting around with nothing of value on him after the concert, with no way of getting food, shelter or transportation out of the area.

Of course, this is just a theory, and I may be totally wrong.

However, it is hard to figure out how an unidentified man materializes out of nowhere, and ends up in someone's car, with seemingly no previous connection between the two.
    Last edited by Darkblue; 03-25-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Possible additional info from Caroline's..unverified info.

*Unverified*

According to a reddit user on the unresolved subreddit about Grateful Dead Fan someone has been in contact with one of the Caroline's.

<modsnip>

This user created this account for the sole purpose of adding this and has not added any additional info and didn't respond to someone who asked for more info. I asked if they had any more info and gave them the link for this forum. *Unverified*
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 04-24-2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: removed quote from other site

Quote Originally Posted by vanulor View Post
    *Unverified*

According to a reddit user on the unresolved subreddit about Grateful Dead Fan someone has been in contact with one of the Caroline's.
    <modsnip>
    If I am not mistaken, didn't Jason's autopsy report indicate that his system was clean of any drugs?
    Anyways, if true, then I wonder how he was getting by with no resources? He sounds like a newbie on the scene.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 04-24-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: removed quote from other site

That is correct. No alcohol or drugs detected during the autopsy.

I have been to a few music festivals..Lots of people come without extra clothing etc. They usually spend most if not all of the money they bring with them...

He probably bought food, drink, a shirt and balloons with what money he had...Nitrous balloons were real popular at shows...Every time I would see one being inhaled or hear the sound of one filling up I would cry a little..I don't think Nitrous Oxide shows up in drug test....unless it is specifically being looked for...

My two cents...If they are withholding information that would help identify this young man..either there is more than an accident being investigated..or the case manager has an ego problem...

Classito

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast