CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Police say 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway went missing around 107th Avenue and Moore Street Friday afternoon.

She is 4-feet-8-inches tall with blond hair. She is wearing purple glasses and a black coat and boots. Police have not yet released a photo.

Westminster police sent out an emergency text alert advising residents to be on the lookout. An Amber Alert has not been issued.

Details behind the disappearance are not known at this time.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293104/222/Police-search-for-missing-Westminster-girl
case map:
http://goo.gl/maps/DIhBs

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187312"]timeline and media no discussion thread[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186952"]thread #1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8433249#post8433249"]thread #2[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8437795#post8437795"]thread #3[/ame] thread #4

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186956"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
scanner thread

rules on RSOs
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068"]New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is the thread on RSOs.

You can link to RSOs in the area. You cannot sleuth them other than what is listed on this thread. If you have a question about a particular case and a particular RSO and what can and cannot be posted in depth you can post your question for administration on this thread.

((please note: questioning of what can and cannot be posted and moderation questions should not be placed on the general discussion thread. I hope that helps. If anyone has a further question please pm a moderator or administrator.))

43m Arvada Police ‏@ArvadaPolice
82nd Ave. between Hwy93 & Indiana St. remains closed. Hwy 93 to Boulder is re-opened. #JessicaRidgeway
Retweeted by Westminster Police
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
7m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Investigators have been working thru the night and into today to positively ID the body found at Pattridge Park on Weds. #jessicaridgeway
8m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
When we have more information that we can provide to the public and media, we will share it via Twitter. #jessicaridgeway
9m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Official information on the #jessicaridgeway case will only come from @WestminsterPD.
9m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Police canvasses & searches to continue in & around the location of #Jessicaridgeway's disappearance, & other nearby open space areas.
11m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
.@WestminsterPD & @ArvadaPolice still jointly working on the crime scene @ Pattridge Park where a body was found Weds. #jessicaridgeway

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

I don't know if anyone has done this yet (I'm a bit behind on reading this thread) but has anyone provided a map that shows where this Pattridge park is related to where her backpack was found and her home? I would appreciate one of the EXCELLENT maps you guys provide :)

From last thread
Map of body in relation to backpack.
A= home
B=backpack
C= body found
A45InBSCEAAGWZG.jpg

It doesn't mean that they weren't there, but I haven't seen any shots of HRD dogs brought into the original location, nor did I see pix of people on their hands and knees. Both of which would be commonplace if you were looking for fragments/pieces if scavengers had been at work. (as well as following game trails)
Just an observation, take it for what it is.

As I live in the area, and am a member of the listserve, I'd like to share the email regarding the victim's backpack that I received in my inbox. I have removed all identifying information. Time-stamps are Mountain Time Zone.

The backpack may have been sitting on the sidewalk for 20 hours before the police found it at approximately 3:10pm.

The last pictures are posted here to establish the significance of the location where the victim's body was found. I believe the perpetrator(s) frequented this little-known historical site -- visited by teens, young adults, photographers, and local history buffs, and often visited during the Halloween holiday period due to local legends about hauntings.

x - Victim's Body Found
1 - Culvert
2 - Fence pole
3 - Fallen Tree
4 - Abandoned building
5 - Abandoned buildings of the Leyden Mine Shaft #3 - local teen hangout
6 - Pullover

NOTE: Please be aware that the person who emailed "Come and get it" did not at the time realize the significance of the backpack, not being aware at that time of the victim's name.
backpack_email_zpsfafaf185.jpg

body_location_013_zps278e94cf.jpg

Please note the similarities between the two locations: fence; no windows overlooking street; identical roof-line.

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

body_location_006_1_zpsabd21987.jpg

View looking west. Note: pullover on right-hand side of the road.
body_location_016_zpsc70a69d7.jpg

Leyden1910_zpsa759812b.jpg

Leyden_mineers_zps6d56255b.jpg

Looking at the map, it seems LE made mention of Wide Open Spaces, because a lot of the land near the sites are declared "Open Spaces" on the map, as in that's part of the title of the area. I do not believe LE was communicating anything to abductor

I noticed in the list from the FBI they mentioned someone missing work. I keep remember Jacob wheeler and Jessica Evans, Danny Coston didn't miss a day of work and coworkers reported him acting normal the entire week. Creepy.

It doesn't mean that they weren't there, but I haven't seen any shots of HRD dogs brought into the original location, nor did I see pix of people on their hands and knees. Both of which would be commonplace if you were looking for fragments/pieces if scavengers had been at work. (as well as following game trails)
Just an observation, take it for what it is.

Sarx, I can't find it now, but sometime during the live coverage - maybe on Twitter- I remember reading that there were dogs there early on and that they were leaving. So I do believe they worked some of the area with dogs, just not sure how thoroughly.

We need the public's help. If you feel someone's behavior is out of character, bring that to LE and let us vet it ...
FBI Profiler in that video. He also say's we have an abundance of leads at this time. Do they have someone specific in their line of site? Thinking back to the earlier statement from neighbor's who said there was suspicious activity in the area the body was found. It was a tweet from a reporter, so no hard news link, that I have seen so far.

gliving posted this in the last thread:

The Columbine High School massacre comes to mind. Just 20 miles south of Westminster. Some mentally deranged teenager acting out a sick fantasy.

I don't think a Dixie Chick fan did this at all.

I tend to agree about the deranged teenager.

There's something ineffably evil about this. I think it's stranger than we've imagined yet.

And I wouldn't want to rule out two teenagers, either -- again, similar to Columbine.

As I live in the area, and am a member of the listserve, I'd like to share the email regarding the backpack that I received in my inbox. I have removed all identifying information. Timestamps are Mountain Time Zone.

x - Victim's Body Found
1 - Culvert
2 - Fence pole
3 - Fallen Tree
4 - Abandoned building
5 - Abandoned buildings of the Leyden Mine Shaft #3 - local teen hangout
6 - Pullover

backpack_email_zpsfafaf185.jpg

body_location_013_zps278e94cf.jpg
Who wrote the first paragraph that ends in "come and get it"? That sounds odd...unfriendly.

Looking at the map, it seems LE made mention of Wide Open Spaces, because a lot of the land near the sites are declared "Open Spaces" on the map, as in that's part of the title of the area. I do not believe LE was communicating anything to abductor

Thank you, I agree.

The BAU said this is a "sophisticated criminal." I am very much reminded of BTK. He lived, worked and interacted with his community for decades unnoticed.

Based on his profile, this person is a church member, boy scout/girl scout leader, involved in coaching, etc. Probably has a very unsatisfying government job or something similar like a meter reader.

Speaking of which, have smart meters been installed recently in the community (electric/water)?

OMG Nancy Grace just said that the body had been hacked. And all parts were not there. What has happened to couth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk