1022 users online (257 members and 765 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Ramon 'Ray' Jones, 80, Sedro-Woolley, 1 Oct 2012

Man missing from Sedro-Woolley

Police, family members and volunteers are searching the Skagit Valley for an 80-year-old Alzheimer's patient.

Jones reportedly has some moments of clarity and could have gotten into a car and left the area. Alzheimer's patients have been known to try to make their way back to areas where they once lived, so he could be in the greater Seattle area or even as far away as Montana. Or, he could have stayed close to home. Authorities are asking neighbors of the Sedro-Woolley Dog Park to search their property, including garages, barns and sheds.

Authorities in Washington state said Ramon "Ray" John Jones, 80, walked away from his care facility and was last seen near a dog park in the western Washington town of Sedro-Woolley on October 1st.

Last edited by summer_breeze; 11-16-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Family of missing man: 'He should know he's loved'

Bonnie believes her father simply wanted to go for a walk last Monday, and presumably stepped through an unlocked gate. The tragic possibilities are horrific to consider.

"If this is the way his life story is ending, its not fair, its not right," says his granddaughter, Heidi Graham. "He should be surrounded by his family. He should know that he's loved and cared for."

His family says anyone who meets Ray wouldn't immediately detect that he had Alzheimer's, since he could hold a conversation well.

More: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/F...172985311.html

Family members are still searching for a missing man with Alzheimer’s

Family members are still searching for a missing man with Alzheimer’s.

The search for a missing Alzheimer’s patient is being expanded

In an e-mail press release, the family says they are widening the search into areas familiar to Jones in his past, including in Washington, Idaho and Montana.

The family has fliers and is asking people to post them at truck stops around the state.

In addition, they’ve set up a Facebook page, entitled “Help us find Ray Jones,” to spread information about their search efforts.

More: http://www.kapsradio.com/kaps-radio-...eing-expanded/

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindRayJones

Peekerfoo is offline One flip flop in the sand--one hiking boot in the mountains
    This happened in our family recently. My Mom lives at an Assisted Living facility and was heading towards the highway when I drove in. It was divine intervention that I drove in at that moment She is now in the secure Alzheimers building and has to wear an ankle bracelet that sets off an alarm if she tries to leave. I can only imagine how terrified this family must be. I have a panic attack when I think about what could've happened to my Mom. This poor family is living it. I am praying for them.

Hi there, I had no idea this page or forum existed before this. Ray is my husband's grandfather. His family is kind of scattered all over the country, so for those of us that aren't nearby, it's been a comfort seeing people help spread the word to those that might be likely to see him and help him find his way home. Helping with that is really appreciated.

His body was found on November 14th, unfortunately we don't know much more than that yet. He was found in Washington - some of us thought that he might try to make his way back to Montana. When we last visited Ray in February, he spent a lot of time reflecting on his time in Montana and wondering why he wasn't there anymore.

I wish it was a happier ending. I don't think I realized til we heard the news that I still was so hopeful he was alive and well, and just not found yet. But at least we have some kind of resolution.

So sorry about the loss of your husbands grandfather. What a difficult disease for anyone to live with,especially the family. My prayers go out to your family.

up north
    Welcome to WebSleuths somni! I'm sorry it is under the circumstances....

up north

Body found in S-W

Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:30 pm
    Lynsi Burton

SEDRO-WOOLLEY — Detectives from the Skagit County Sheriff’s Office are investigating a body found in Sedro-Woolley Wednesday afternoon.

up north

Body identified as missing elderly man

Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:12 pm |
    Updated: 9:50 pm, Thu Nov 15, 2012.
    Lynsi Burton

The Skagit County Coroner has identified the body found Wednesday afternoon in Sedro-Woolley as that of Ramon “Ray” Jones, an 80-year-old man who had been missing for about 45 days.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
    Rest in Peace Mr. Jones.

the body of Ramon "Ray" Jones was found Wednesday hidden in tall grass on residential property about half-mile away

Coroner Daniel Dempsey said Jones had been dead "for awhile." Cause of death was determined as hypothermia.

^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^