CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Police say 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway went missing around 107th Avenue and Moore Street Friday afternoon.

She is 4-feet-8-inches tall with blond hair. She is wearing purple glasses and a black coat and boots. Police have not yet released a photo.

Westminster police sent out an emergency text alert advising residents to be on the lookout. An Amber Alert has not been issued.

Details behind the disappearance are not known at this time.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293104/222/Police-search-for-missing-Westminster-girl
case map:
http://goo.gl/maps/DIhBs

timeline and media no discussion thread

thread #1
thread #2 thread #3 thread #4 thread #5 thread #6

New9 Live feed: http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

Denver Live feed: http://denver.cbslocal.com/live-video/

(Thank you Knox!!!!)

rules on RSOs
New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is the thread on RSOs.

You can link to RSOs in the area. You cannot sleuth them other than what is listed on this thread. If you have a question about a particular case and a particular RSO and what can and cannot be posted in depth you can post your question for administration on this thread.

((please note: questioning of what can and cannot be posted and moderation questions should not be placed on the general discussion thread. I hope that helps. If anyone has a further question please pm a moderator or administrator.))

43m Arvada Police ‏@ArvadaPolice
82nd Ave. between Hwy93 & Indiana St. remains closed. Hwy 93 to Boulder is re-opened. #JessicaRidgeway
Retweeted by Westminster Police
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
7m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Investigators have been working thru the night and into today to positively ID the body found at Pattridge Park on Weds. #jessicaridgeway
8m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
When we have more information that we can provide to the public and media, we will share it via Twitter. #jessicaridgeway
9m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Official information on the #jessicaridgeway case will only come from @WestminsterPD.
9m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Police canvasses & searches to continue in & around the location of #Jessicaridgeway's disappearance, & other nearby open space areas.
11m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
.@WestminsterPD & @ArvadaPolice still jointly working on the crime scene @ Pattridge Park where a body was found Weds. #jessicaridgeway

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

This does not sound good. I tried to find this park on Google maps but had no luck. Calling it an open space would make me think it is not a secluded area. If this is Jessica, pretty brazen to leave her body there and the backpack out in the open, too. :furious: When is this going to stop? These monsters!!

Adding: Mapquest
I think this is the park.
Pattridge Park
[14800-14875] W 82nd Ave
Arvada

Sorry, I keep adding as I find more information. This location is fairly desolate. I entered 14800 W 82nd Ave on Google Maps and was able to get a street view. Where was the backpack found in Arvada?

If a 10 year old was supposed to meet me and my child somewhere and did not show up I'd be very worried and make sure I knew she was okay. I would go to the school and make sure she had made it there or I'd go to her home or call to make sure she was okay. an older child I may not but a 10 yr old who I knew was walking alone, absolutely. I wonder if he atleast asked his child after school...."oh hey did Jessica ever show up at school today?". It's strange to me.

That looks like a far walk how far is it do you know ?

It looks like walking from JR's house to school is 0.5 miles. From J's house to school walking is 0.5 miles. From J's house to JR's house is 0.9 miles.

It looks like walking from JR's house to school is 0.5 miles. From J's house to school walking is 0.5 miles. From J's house to JR's house is 0.9 miles.

Just doesn't look like a reasonable distance for 10 year olds. Like they would be all over the place instead of just going to school

Trying to keep up but...

Has anybody talked about this boy she was meeting at the park and his relation to Jessica (cousin was it?) and in turn, the parent of this boy (uncle?) and whether he was walking the two children to school?

You have been discussing how he might have been waiting in a car, because of the light snow/sleet, and then drove off and left her, thinking she wasn't coming...

I am looking for someone she would have felt comfortable enough with to get in a car with them. The way they drill "stranger danger" into our kids in our schools in this area, I am still puzzled at how he was able to abduct her so quietly...like if she was snatched off the street, she would have screamed...

:waitasec:

It's not that far- the park cuts down the walk.

My 6 year old and 8 year old walk to school, .4 miles, every day (With me. ALWAYS with me). We are a very active family (ski, hike, bike) and having lived in Westminster I can tell you that being active is encouraged and walking .5 miles sounds pretty reasonable.

hth :seeya:

Even so, it is pretty far from J to head that way. It makes more sense for them to meet at the bridge across 106th

maybe his dad drove him to the park...

we just don't know these things from one call on the scanner.

It's not that far- the park cuts down the walk.

My 6 year old and 8 year old walk to school, .4 miles, every day (With me. ALWAYS with me). We are a very active family (ski, hike, bike) and having lived in Westminster I can tell you that being active is encouraged and walking .5 miles sounds pretty reasonable.

hth :seeya:

The park cuts through Jessica's walk, but no where near J's (the boy)

Is his dad cooperating through all of this? Or is that not an OK question?

Mom said they met at the park. Makes sense to me that Dad would drive J to park and drop him, but JR isn't there, Dad just drops off J, he walks the rest of the way to school. Jessica was taken somewhere between her house and the park.

True. I also read somewhere that the friend had an older sibling in middle school. Middle school usually starts earlier here (at least in our district a bit farther south) so maybe dad drive both kids, drops one off at the middle school and then heads back towards the elementary school...? I don't know where the middle school might be but it might give cause to his 'out-of-the-way' route in the mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo