Trojan Virus Alert From AVG

killarney rose

Reaction score
Twice this week- a few days ago, and then today, I have gotten an alert from AVG my virus protection that they have protected me from a back door Trojan virus and quarantined it.

After the first notice my computer would hardly run until I ran a scan last night and 2 more threats-malware were quarantined.

Both times I got this notice i was in the jessica Ridgeway forum.

I have been to no new sites, I have up to date virus protection. I am very particular about what sites I visit on the web.

I wanted to pass this along, and to ask if this has been happening to anyone else here.

Twice this week- a few days ago, and then today, I have gotten an alert from AVG my virus protection that they have protected me from a back door Trojan virus and quarantined it.

After the first notice my computer would hardly run until I ran a scan last night and 2 more threats-malware were quarantined.

I have been to no new sites, I have up to date virus protection. I am very particular about what sites I visit on the web.

I wanted to pass this along, and to ask if this has been happening to anyone else here.
I also use AVG and I have had no problems at all. You might try running a Malwarebytes scan. Here's a link. I use the free version.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Same thing happened to me. Same thread. I did not have AVG at the time and had the 3-trojans on mine. Had to install the AVG on my computer. Only problem now is I am not sure if it AVG or if WS has changed. I can't attach a picture. Anyone want to help me out, I would so appreciate!

So are viruses able to get through this site?

I've not had any more problems. I don't use the free version of AVG, I buy the disc for mine. In fact, I've bought my yearly update and installed it since starting this thread.

AVG did catch the virus, and since I updated and got rid of the malware, I've been ok. It just puzzles me-I'm not computer savy- that I could get a virus from a reputable site like WS. I have stopped coming to WS daily. I just come in every few days because of this- but I have made exception to that today.

My AVG failed me. I suggest using Avast (free) and Malwarebytes.

So are viruses able to get through this site?

I've not had any more problems. I don't use the free version of AVG, I buy the disc for mine. In fact, I've bought my yearly update and installed it since starting this thread.

AVG did catch the virus, and since I updated and got rid of the malware, I've been ok. It just puzzles me-I'm not computer savy- that I could get a virus from a reputable site like WS. I have stopped coming to WS daily. I just come in every few days because of this- but I have made exception to that today.

I have been on many different threads here on WS and have had Zero problems. Kimster, are you saying that AVG failed to protect you from a virus originating on Websleuths or from another source like an E-mail attachment?

If you've caught a virus or trojan while you were on WS, you most likely caught it from a link you've clicked on in the thread you were on. Sometimes WS posts ads that are a problem but it's doubtful that the website itself isn't safe. I have had problems a few times with a link I clicked on and it went crazy replicating itself when I'd try to X out of it, but it wasn't a WS problem. IMO

I use Avast and MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware and have no problems that aren't easily taken care of.

If you've caught a virus or trojan while you were on WS, you most likely caught it from a link you've clicked on in the thread you were on. Sometimes WS posts ads that are a problem but it's doubtful that the website itself isn't safe. I have had problems a few times with a link I clicked on and it went crazy replicating itself when I'd try to X out of it, but it wasn't a WS problem. IMO

I use Avast and MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware and have no problems that aren't easily taken care of.

I don't click on ads period. On any site. Ever. I have however clicked on links within posts that led to news items or other stories in cases within the thread.

I dont think the virus come from the WS web site, I personally think they were on some of the news web links that I clicked on. I know one in particular that I have had problems with in the past. Why the heck I even still click on those links.

I am using Firefox now for WS and able to add attachments. I think my AVG and the IE is why I couldnt do it the other day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back