945 users online (93 members and 852 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56
Results 826 to 840 of 840
  1. #826
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,175
    This guy could be self employed or has a job where no one keeps track of him. It could be his day off even.
    Im sure LE has a list of everyone that didnt report to work or school that day and has a list of everyone that was off.

    Im not so sure he lives in the area!

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    637
    The thing that has always bothered me about the RSO list the different types of crimes that are reported on the list. I have a question and maybe someone can enlighten me. I cancelled a new apartment in San Diego a while back because I found out one lived right across the street. But then I later learned that he was on the registry for having sex at age 19 with his 17 year old girlfriend.

    Are the different types of offenses categorized or all they lumped into 'sex with a minor' for example like the guy I mentioned was. I had no way of knowing, without doing digging, that it was a teenager and not a 10 year old. Does that make sense?

    We see enough crazy criminals NOT on that list and I would hate to put our eggs in one basket so to speak when it comes to Jessica Ridgeway.
    I personally think it's going to be someone not on the RSO list, and someone Jessica trusted or was familiar with.

    My other question is about her backpack. Was it true that dogs followed her scent from a DIFFERENT school as hers to where the backpack was found?? This makes me think, if true, that it's a parent or teacher or someone affiliated with that school.
    It's only my opinion. But sometimes the truth hurts.

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,175
    Im sorry but the days of letting our children walk alone are long gone if we let our child walk alone we are tempting fate. Like Russian Roulette!
    If we cant do it find someone we trust that can do it.

    I dont care if my child wants to be grown up and walk alone some of these kids never get to grow up because of it.
    With these pervs all they need is Availibility and opportunity..Take that away and your child is safe!
    No Parents should have to go thru this. We all think it can never happen to us
    and poor Sara and Jer my heart breaks for them. They joined a club no one wants to be a member of!
    Last edited by Eileen730; 10-15-2012 at 07:34 AM.

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckerschnecke View Post
    The thing that has always bothered me about the RSO list the different types of crimes that are reported on the list. I have a question and maybe someone can enlighten me. I cancelled a new apartment in San Diego a while back because I found out one lived right across the street. But then I later learned that he was on the registry for having sex at age 19 with his 17 year old girlfriend.

    Are the different types of offenses categorized or all they lumped into 'sex with a minor' for example like the guy I mentioned was. I had no way of knowing, without doing digging, that it was a teenager and not a 10 year old. Does that make sense?

    We see enough crazy criminals NOT on that list and I would hate to put our eggs in one basket so to speak when it comes to Jessica Ridgeway.
    I personally think it's going to be someone not on the RSO list, and someone Jessica trusted or was familiar with.

    My other question is about her backpack. Was it true that dogs followed her scent from a DIFFERENT school as hers to where the backpack was found?? This makes me think, if true, that it's a parent or teacher or someone affiliated with that school.
    Yes they lump them all together a guy peeing on the street gets an indecent exposure label I think they neeed to take some of these guys out of the equation.

    And as to the backpack could it be someone delivering something to the school
    We have a school truck that delivers inter office mail from the diff schools in our district. Like their pay checks and such.

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,175
    How could the scent of her backpack get to another school?
    Would it have to be carried into the school?
    Im confused about this.
    If this is true I think this is the clue that could solve this murder!

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    How could the scent of her backpack get to another school?
    Would it have to be carried into the school?
    Im confused about this.
    If this is true I think this is the clue that could solve this murder!
    Which school was it again?

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Yes they lump them all together a guy peeing on the street gets an indecent exposure label I think they neeed to take some of these guys out of the equation.

    And as to the backpack could it be someone delivering something to the school
    We have a school truck that delivers inter office mail from the diff schools in our district. Like their pay checks and such.
    I completely agree with you on the comment of indecent exposure, however, as a society you are going to find people who believe that "behavior like that just leads to more criminal and sexual based offenses".

    Honestly, if one of my kids saw someone peeing and happened to see their "nether regions" I'm not sure what I would do knowing how the RSO registry works (here in Iowa anyway). I certainly don't believe someone should have that label for the next 10 years and be lumped in with the people we truly need to be worried about.

    The problem is society when it comes to these registries. They believe every single story they hear about the person which are grossly exaggerated in some cases, and some are flat out lies. They come from the mindset that "well, they are on there for a reason, LE wouldn't put them on there if they didn't think they were dangerous". That is BS.

    I want to know who I need to worry about. I don't give 2 craps about someone who urinated in public and a couple kids saw it. Is it wrong? Sure. But it certainly shouldn't put someone on a list like that and have to face that kind of scrutiny.

    Even listing out their offenses doesn't work sometimes depending on the website per state. "Sexual intercourse with a minor" is VERY VERY vague. I think some registries have completely lost their "umpf" because there are just too many people on there. I want to know who the hell I need to worry about, not who could POSSIBLY, SOMETIME, YOU NEVER KNOW blah blah blah.

    Get the registries under control with the people who are likely to harm a child, the rest can be on some OTHER website if people need to be nosy and know who got caught peeing in an alley.

    Sorry, mini rant.

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by threecrazykids View Post
    I completely agree with you on the comment of indecent exposure, however, as a society you are going to find people who believe that "behavior like that just leads to more criminal and sexual based offenses".

    Honestly, if one of my kids saw someone peeing and happened to see their "nether regions" I'm not sure what I would do knowing how the RSO registry works (here in Iowa anyway). I certainly don't believe someone should have that label for the next 10 years and be lumped in with the people we truly need to be worried about.

    The problem is society when it comes to these registries. They believe every single story they hear about the person which are grossly exaggerated in some cases, and some are flat out lies. They come from the mindset that "well, they are on there for a reason, LE wouldn't put them on there if they didn't think they were dangerous". That is BS.

    I want to know who I need to worry about. I don't give 2 craps about someone who urinated in public and a couple kids saw it. Is it wrong? Sure. But it certainly shouldn't put someone on a list like that and have to face that kind of scrutiny.

    Even listing out their offenses doesn't work sometimes depending on the website per state. "Sexual intercourse with a minor" is VERY VERY vague. I think some registries have completely lost their "umpf" because there are just too many people on there. I want to know who the hell I need to worry about, not who could POSSIBLY, SOMETIME, YOU NEVER KNOW blah blah blah.

    Get the registries under control with the people who are likely to harm a child, the rest can be on some OTHER website if people need to be nosy and know who got caught peeing in an alley.

    Sorry, mini rant.
    There are some minor problems with the Registry of Sex Offenders....but I find that insignificant if it is working in the cases where it needs to be working. Yes, a man who urinates in front of school kids may not seem harmful at first glance, but many perps begin with this type of behavior and then escalate into something more aggressive. Should he be in the registry? Maybe not....but his inclusion in it helps when a sexual crime against a minor occurs and LE pulls the registry and begins to check everyone on the list. Would I want him on that list then? Absolutely.

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckerschnecke View Post
    The thing that has always bothered me about the RSO list the different types of crimes that are reported on the list. I have a question and maybe someone can enlighten me. I cancelled a new apartment in San Diego a while back because I found out one lived right across the street. But then I later learned that he was on the registry for having sex at age 19 with his 17 year old girlfriend.

    Are the different types of offenses categorized or all they lumped into 'sex with a minor' for example like the guy I mentioned was. I had no way of knowing, without doing digging, that it was a teenager and not a 10 year old. Does that make sense?

    We see enough crazy criminals NOT on that list and I would hate to put our eggs in one basket so to speak when it comes to Jessica Ridgeway.
    I personally think it's going to be someone not on the RSO list, and someone Jessica trusted or was familiar with.

    My other question is about her backpack. Was it true that dogs followed her scent from a DIFFERENT school as hers to where the backpack was found?? This makes me think, if true, that it's a parent or teacher or someone affiliated with that school.
    The bloodhound/s and backpack are mentioned in this post plus the link to the video where a reporter is reporting from the scene where the backpack was found.
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8446171&postcount=467"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6[/ame]

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,159
    Okay, as events unfold and information is released, my own theories keep evolving.

    As to whether the perp is a local, I think the information so far seems to point to a local. Not necessarily from Westminster or Superior but from the Denver metro area.

    The reason I think this is that he obviously stuck around for about 36 hours or so between the time Jessica disappeared (8:30 am Friday) and the earliest possible time the backpack could have been left (6:30 pm Saturday). Grab and go abductors like Joseph Duncan III don't stick around, their method is to, well, grab and go. They tend to dispose of their victim's remains in remote or isolated areas for the practical reason that if they do it in downtown Metropolis, someone is going to notice.

    While the thought of dismemberment has a horror for most people in the US, the usual reason why victims that are dismembered is practical. The perpetrator is trying to dispose of the remains but does not feel safe in disposing of an entire body at once. Usually because of concerns about what neighbours might see and remember (like the guy recently who killed his girlfriend and then cooked down her remains over 4 hours; he was just trying to evade detection).

    In a minority of dismemberment cases, part of what is important to the perpetrator is the dismemberment. I'm thinking of perps like Ted Bundy (necrophiliac) and Jeffrey Dahmer (cannibal).

    The perp must have somewhere he feels comfortable with dismembering the remains (I'm assuming for now that they were indeed dismembered by the perp rather than damaged by scavenger activity). It may have been an outdoor location but I don't think so. Spreading a large-ish amount of blood outdoors attracts scavengers. Birds aren't really attracted to blood alone but they sure are attracted to the scavengers that are attracted by blood. I think that, as tense as the Denver metro area is right now, any concentration of birds circling would be noticed and investigated.

    Plus, from what I've been reading, it seems that most perps that dismember remains do so indoors, usually in the bathroom.

    So that points to someone relatively local.

    One thing I hope landlords and maintenance people will be aware of is any calls they had for clogged drains between Friday and Thursday.

    I may well be wrong but I think technology has advanced to the point where perps are more likely to track events online rather than attending rallies in person. Twenty years ago, it was difficult to keep track of what the investigators might be up to unless the perp went to where the investigators were under some pretext. Now, anyone with an internet connection can listen to the scanner and get a fairly clear idea of what is going on. Or they can hit any number of breaking news outlets, forums and gossip sites.

    I do think the backpack was placed with the intention that it be found. Whether that was because the perp was feeling pressured and needed to divert LE attention away from Westminster even temporarily or whether he's taunting LE, I don't know. And of course, it could be either.


  11. #836
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    new thread: (move on over... this one will close shortly)

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187810"]Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  12. #837
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckerschnecke View Post
    The thing that has always bothered me about the RSO list the different types of crimes that are reported on the list. I have a question and maybe someone can enlighten me. I cancelled a new apartment in San Diego a while back because I found out one lived right across the street. But then I later learned that he was on the registry for having sex at age 19 with his 17 year old girlfriend.

    Are the different types of offenses categorized or all they lumped into 'sex with a minor' for example like the guy I mentioned was. I had no way of knowing, without doing digging, that it was a teenager and not a 10 year old. Does that make sense?

    We see enough crazy criminals NOT on that list and I would hate to put our eggs in one basket so to speak when it comes to Jessica Ridgeway.
    I personally think it's going to be someone not on the RSO list, and someone Jessica trusted or was familiar with.

    My other question is about her backpack. Was it true that dogs followed her scent from a DIFFERENT school as hers to where the backpack was found?? This makes me think, if true, that it's a parent or teacher or someone affiliated with that school.
    You've summed up nicely why the current system of registries is not as good as it could be.

    It was reported that dogs followed her scent to a different school but the person making the report was not LE, not (as far as I know) a high level tracking dog handler but just a reporter (well, actually, a group of them).

    The problem with that is that someone who does not know the dog and handler on a pretty in-depth basis really can't tell what the dog is doing. All dogs are different, all handlers are different. They are not interchangeable like cars, they all work differently. Part of the art of being a handler is figuring out how to build a team with each new dog rather than just attempting to train the last dog or some ideal dog.

    Bloodhounds are known for being very vocal on a track. That's what they were bred for. If you think about it, it's actually contrary to evolution for a predator to make a lot of noise while hunting because prey animals are not stupid and will try to escape.

    In theory, the ideal Bloodhound doesn't make a peep unless they are actually on the track and has a gorgeous bell like bay when on the track. In the real world, they vary widely and some will whine in frustration or anxiety when they are looking for a track while others don't bay when on the track. It would be a lot easier to train dogs if each one was a copy of the ideal dog but Mother Nature doesn't work that way.

    So an observer who does not know that particular dog and handler team can easily be misled by what the dog is doing.

    Maybe the dogs tracked from the backpack to the school and back. Maybe they didn't, maybe the handlers were hunting for scent in that direction due to undisclosed information.

    There is also the problem that dogs are very, very good at reading humans. That's why we like living with them, they are so responsive to our moods and actions. But it can backfire when a handler has already formed a theory and the dog starts to try to do what they sense the handler wants rather than actually following a track.

    At the level of a dog used by the FBI, this is fairly low probability. The FBI uses handlers who have a lot of experience. Those handlers keep meticulous training logs and can prove in court that during training, their dog was successful in following a blind track 99% of the time (or whatever).

    All of which is just a long winded version of saying, don't rely on what a reporter thinks is happening with a tracking dog. Rely on LE, who presumably have consulted with the handler to get the expert interpretation.

  13. #838
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    There are some minor problems with the Registry of Sex Offenders....but I find that insignificant if it is working in the cases where it needs to be working. Yes, a man who urinates in front of school kids may not seem harmful at first glance, but many perps begin with this type of behavior and then escalate into something more aggressive. Should he be in the registry? Maybe not....but his inclusion in it helps when a sexual crime against a minor occurs and LE pulls the registry and begins to check everyone on the list. Would I want him on that list then? Absolutely.
    That is exactly what I'm talking about. That is simply NOT TRUE. Indecent exposure is a different scenario altogether. Urinating in public isn't the same as indecent exposure. And even with indecent exposure, the "escalation" chances are extremely slim that they would evolve into heinous crimes.

    Plus, no one says that LE can't have their own database of anyone who has ever been charged with indecent exposure or urinating in public if that is what they want to do. That doesn't necessarily mean the public needs to be notified when someone moves in across the street who when they were 19 peed in public and got caught or slept with their 16 year old girlfriend when they were 18 or 19.

    We will have to disagree on this. I only want to know about who I need to worry about. Creating false fear only circumvents the issue. I do NOT want to live in a world of paranoia and suspicion.

  14. #839
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    doors are closed now...move on over

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,175
    Quote Originally Posted by insatiable View Post
    Which school was it again?
    I dont know but could this be a person that has kids in both schools?

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56


Similar Threads

  1. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 02:10 AM
  2. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 1080
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
  3. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 1138
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
  4. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 923
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
  5. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 865
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread