Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC - Jake Ziegler (17) & Ray Pierce (18) - Sherrill's Ford - 12-Oct-2012

NC - Jake Ziegler (17) & Ray Pierce (18) - Sherrill's Ford - 12-Oct-2012

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19819379/m...catawba-county

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 6:54 AM EDT
    Updated: Oct 15, 2012 12:32 PM EDT
    By Rocco Aloe

Families searching for missing Catawba County teens
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

I don't know what to think about this one. It seems like something is wrong since they haven't used their debit cards or their cell phones in 3 days. That doesn't sound normal for a couple of teens. And it seems that they were driving late at night so I hope they didn't go off the road in their car in a remote area.

On the flip side, they may be laying low because they wanted to get away. But were they just taking a weekend trip and were they expected back for school on Monday? I haven't seen this mentioned in the articles I read.

I'm glad that law enforcement is working this case but hope that it turns out that they are fine and don't realize that there is a search for them.

I found a little more information in this article. They left a party to drive to Myrtle Beach and back. Doesn't look like they were going to stay overnight or for an extended amount of time. Something has gone wrong.

http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php...d=1&Itemid=157

jake ziegler.jpg
    (Poster by Catawba Co. Sheriff's Dept.)

Vehicle is a green 2006 Pontiac G6. N.C. license tag BBD8844.

Jake Ziegler, age 18, is 5' 11" and weighs 150 lbs. Last seen wearing gray cargo shorts and a royal blue T-shirt with white reverse writing. He has a pierced left ear and a tattoo on his right buttocks.

Ray Pierce, age 17, is approximately the same size as Ziegler, except stockier. Last seen wearing Timberland boots, a red and gray RVCA jacket, and jeans.

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2012...ng-ar-2698016/

My first thought was a car accident. The family on a news report said that the both cell phones went dead at about the same times and LE said the last place their phone pinged was in Rock Hill, SC. Does anyone know if they made it to Myrtle Beach? It sounds like they did since the family said they are having people send fliers around and as if anyone has seen them. Why would they go to Myrtle Beach for a day trip? I am from the area and Myrtle Beach is a good 4 and a half to 5 hour drive from there. so 9-10 hours round trip isn't worth it for a day??

Jake Ziegler, 18, and friend Ray Pierce, 17, left a party in Sherrills Ford between 1-1:45 a.m. on Saturday to drive down to Myrtle Beach and then back, according to Jackie Ziegler, Jake’s older sister. “Ray had to be back Saturday for work,” she said.
    (snipped from the 1st article posted in the 1st quote.)

This doesn't make sense to me. If they left at 1 they wouldn't get there till 6am with no stops. I wonder what time Ray had to be at work on Saturday. If they left and went directly back home at 6am they would not get back until 11am with no stops. No time to enjoy the beach, no point in going to this vacation spot. I don't get it. Even if he didn't have to be back at work until 3pm (2nd shift) they would have had to leave at 10am and it still would have been too cold in those morning hours to enjoy the beach, what most people go to MB for.

I'm not sure why those kids would be anywhere near Rock Hill if they were driving to Myrtle Beach from Catawba County. You go through Charlotte, then you get off on Hwy. 74 and head southeast toward Monroe and then down to SC. You'd be at least 30 miles out of the way if you went through Rock Hill. My guess is that they got lost somewhere around Charlotte and ended up having an accident in the Rock Hill vicinity. If they ended up on one of those little heavily wooded roads around there, they could get lost easily...and if there were an accident, it might be difficult to find them. An air search might help.

Hundreds expected to search SC for missing teens from Catawba Co.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19819379/f...catawba-county

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 6:54 AM EDT
    Updated: Oct 16, 2012 10:51 PM EDT
    By Chris Dyches

CATAWBA COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigations, are now involved in the search for two missing teenage boys from Catawba County.

Missing teenagers believed to be in Conway area

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...lieved-to.html

Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012

A pair of missing teenagers from North Carolina are believed to be in the Conway area, and the S.C. Law Enforcement Division has issued an advisory to law enforcement agencies statewide to be on the lookout for the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphra View Post
    I'm not sure why those kids would be anywhere near Rock Hill if they were driving to Myrtle Beach from Catawba County. You go through Charlotte, then you get off on Hwy. 74 and head southeast toward Monroe and then down to SC. You'd be at least 30 miles out of the way if you went through Rock Hill. My guess is that they got lost somewhere around Charlotte and ended up having an accident in the Rock Hill vicinity. If they ended up on one of those little heavily wooded roads around there, they could get lost easily...and if there were an accident, it might be difficult to find them. An air search might help.
    One of the boy's fathers did rent a private plane for an air search. I don't know if it has been done yet or not. It seemed like it had but there was no confirmation and no detail given on results. So really not sure

And yes there is no reason at all to be in rock hill

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    ohh i thought there was a new tip. but it's from a psychic. grain of salt IMO. I'm not so sure how substantial that is.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    ohh i thought there was a new tip. but it's from a psychic. grain of salt IMO. I'm not so sure how substantial that is.
    Yeah, they changed the original article.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Search for Sherrills Ford teens organized in Conway, S.C.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...sc-ar-2701748/

By: | Hickory Daily Record
    Published: October 17, 2012

<snipped>
    There also has been a $5,000 reward established that might help lead to information about where they might be.

Please help find Jake Ziegler & Ray Pierce

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10...catawba-county

By HLNtv.com Staff
    updated 11:01 AM EDT, Wed October 17, 2012

NEED TO KNOW

• Police are searching for 2 missing Catawba County teens
    • Jake Ziegler & Ray Pierce were last seen October 12
    • You can follow their case on Twitter: #FindJakeAndRay
    • Family is reportedly offering a $5,000 reward

Endangered Missing: RAYMOND PIERCE (NC)

RAYMOND PIERCE, Age Now: 17, Missing: 10/12/2012. Missing From DENVER, NC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Catawba County Sheriff's Office (North Carolina) 1-828-464-3112.

More...

Deputies say missing NC teens headed to Myrtle Beach may have crashed

http://www2.wbtw.com/news/2012/oct/1...yr-ar-4772252/

By: WBTW Staff | WBTW News13
    Published: October 17, 2012
    Updated: October 17, 2012 - 2:05 PM

CATAWBA COUNTY, NC - A NC Sheriff's deputy told a Charlotte TV station he believes two missing teens thought to have been heading to Myrtle Beach may have crashed along a South Carolina interstate.

I hope everyone who lives near Rock Hill will keep an eye out for signs of a vehicle that went off the road. These boys may be alive and injured.

We recently had a case here in Ohio where 54 year old a man went off the road but wasn't found for a week. It looks like he survived the initial crash but couldn't get himself out of the patch of woods he was in. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...car-brief.html

There are many other stories about people who survived for days after a crash and about some who didn't.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mattsmom For This Useful Post:

From one of the articles, it sounds like thepossible crash site could be closer to Columbia than Rock hill (about 35 miles north of Columbia). That's sandhills country around there...can easily see them going off the road and being hidden.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Aphra For This Useful Post:

a local reporter wrote on her FB asking for cadaver dogs. but then retracted her statement. truly odd.

New clues in search for 2 missing Catawba teens

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/New-c...174915551.html

by WCNC.com Staff
    Posted on October 19, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    Updated today at 6:17 AM

<snipped>
    The family is focusing its efforts in Myrtle Beach after a sales clerk said she sold the teens clothes over the weekend, according to WMBF-TV.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Endangered Missing: RAYMOND PIERCE (NC)

RAYMOND PIERCE, Age Now: 17, Missing: 10/13/2012. Missing From DENVER, NC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Catawba County Sheriff's Office (North Carolina) 1-828-464-3112.

More...

The Myrtle Beach sighting was disproven, I believe. And I really don't think these boys got anywhere near Myrtle Beach. Even if they did, the roads going into MB are so confusing that it's very possible to get VERY lost.

I grew up in this area. Almost every single person I know has been to Myrtle beach multiple times in their lives. However, they may not have drove themselves before. In today's age so many people have smartphones and GPS devices I just can't see them getting that very lost. It would be interesting to know if they had either of these devices at their disposal.

They did not have a GPS or Onstar. The last cell phone ping was Sat around 2:44AM at one of the locations being searched. They have the available facts on this case on the Facebook page and I am listing them here. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-f...89737817765201

- Jake Ziegler 18, Ray Pierce 17 from Catawba County
    - 2006 Green Pontiac g-6 #bdd8844
    - Searching from NC - SC down I77S & N and all exits in between..all the way to MB. Every side route to MB has been driven & some have been ground searched.
    - Tow yards are being searched.
    - Hunting areas are being checked.
    - Instagram accounts have been checked and being monitored.
    - I77S from Rock Hill to Hwy 200 has been cleared by the ground search team. They are continuing to search.
    - NO gps
    - NO onstar.
    - Last cell phone ping, 2:44am Saturday morning @ mile marker 45 I77S.Which is in Fairfield County. NO cell phone usage since then. Both phones have been checked through all apps.
    - No sirrus or xm satelite radio
    - Last know text was at 2:44am & said "Call me" & was never responded to.
    -The party has been checked out and has been cleared.
    - Phones have been checked every way possible and are inoperable.
    -Counties doing searches, Catawba, York, Fairfield, Richland &
    Horry, Lancaster & Kershaw
    -SLED/Cue is involved & being very helpful.
    -Truckers have been contacted.
    - US Mail has been contacted.
    - Hunter has been cleared.
    -Information is on craigslist
    - facebooks accounts have been checked
    -emails have been checked
    -Not sighted in Missouri
    - With a full tank of gas they can make it to MB.
    -They had cash.
    -Gas stations have been checked & nothing
    - MB sighting was a mistaken identity.
    - All hospitals have been contacted.
    - All police departments have been contacted
    - SCDOT has been contacted regarding cameras.
    -SC SLED is doing searches
    -York County is doing searches
    -Fairfield County Sheriff's Department is doing searches
    -Every route from Rock Hill to Myrtle Beach has been driven but not ground searched.
    -Helicopters & Airplanes have been on every route to MB from Catawba County which includes but not limited to.... Catawba, York, Fairfield, Richland & Horry, Lancaster & Kershaw
    -Dogs & ATVs have been use in Horry & Fairfield County.
    - No hotel reservation
    -Checking on Gas station cameras, but a NO so far.
    - twitter #findjakeandray
    - No cameras or searches have found anything
    -Prayer is powerful
    -NO LEADS HAVE PANNED OUT

31. The Following User Says Thank You to mattsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattsmom View Post
    They did not have a GPS or Onstar. The last cell phone ping was Sat around 2:44AM at one of the locations being searched. They have the available facts on this case on the Facebook page and I am listing them here. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-f...89737817765201

- Jake Ziegler 18, Ray Pierce 17 from Catawba County
    - 2006 Green Pontiac g-6 #bdd8844
    - Searching from NC - SC down I77S & N and all exits in between..all the way to MB. Every side route to MB has been driven & some have been ground searched.
    - Tow yards are being searched.
    - Hunting areas are being checked.
    - Instagram accounts have been checked and being monitored.
    - I77S from Rock Hill to Hwy 200 has been cleared by the ground search team. They are continuing to search.
    - NO gps
    - NO onstar.
    - Last cell phone ping, 2:44am Saturday morning @ mile marker 45 I77S.Which is in Fairfield County. NO cell phone usage since then. Both phones have been checked through all apps.
    - No sirrus or xm satelite radio
    - Last know text was at 2:44am & said "Call me" & was never responded to.
    -The party has been checked out and has been cleared.
    - Phones have been checked every way possible and are inoperable.
    -Counties doing searches, Catawba, York, Fairfield, Richland &
    Horry, Lancaster & Kershaw
    -SLED/Cue is involved & being very helpful.
    -Truckers have been contacted.
    - US Mail has been contacted.
    - Hunter has been cleared.
    -Information is on craigslist
    - facebooks accounts have been checked
    -emails have been checked
    -Not sighted in Missouri
    - With a full tank of gas they can make it to MB.
    -They had cash.
    -Gas stations have been checked & nothing
    - MB sighting was a mistaken identity.
    - All hospitals have been contacted.
    - All police departments have been contacted
    - SCDOT has been contacted regarding cameras.
    -SC SLED is doing searches
    -York County is doing searches
    -Fairfield County Sheriff's Department is doing searches
    -Every route from Rock Hill to Myrtle Beach has been driven but not ground searched.
    -Helicopters & Airplanes have been on every route to MB from Catawba County which includes but not limited to.... Catawba, York, Fairfield, Richland & Horry, Lancaster & Kershaw
    -Dogs & ATVs have been use in Horry & Fairfield County.
    - No hotel reservation
    -Checking on Gas station cameras, but a NO so far.
    - twitter #findjakeandray
    - No cameras or searches have found anything
    -Prayer is powerful
    -NO LEADS HAVE PANNED OUT
    Thank you so much for the updates. Prayers to the family for good new soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast