592 users online (64 members and 528 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NC - Jake Ziegler, 17, & Ray Pierce, 18, Sherrill's Ford, 12 Oct 2012

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19819379/m...catawba-county

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 6:54 AM EDT
    Updated: Oct 15, 2012 12:32 PM EDT
    By Rocco Aloe

Families searching for missing Catawba County teens
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.

I don't know what to think about this one. It seems like something is wrong since they haven't used their debit cards or their cell phones in 3 days. That doesn't sound normal for a couple of teens. And it seems that they were driving late at night so I hope they didn't go off the road in their car in a remote area.

On the flip side, they may be laying low because they wanted to get away. But were they just taking a weekend trip and were they expected back for school on Monday? I haven't seen this mentioned in the articles I read.

I'm glad that law enforcement is working this case but hope that it turns out that they are fine and don't realize that there is a search for them.

I found a little more information in this article. They left a party to drive to Myrtle Beach and back. Doesn't look like they were going to stay overnight or for an extended amount of time. Something has gone wrong.

http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php...d=1&Itemid=157

jake ziegler.jpg
    (Poster by Catawba Co. Sheriff's Dept.)

Vehicle is a green 2006 Pontiac G6. N.C. license tag BBD8844.

Jake Ziegler, age 18, is 5' 11" and weighs 150 lbs. Last seen wearing gray cargo shorts and a royal blue T-shirt with white reverse writing. He has a pierced left ear and a tattoo on his right buttocks.

Ray Pierce, age 17, is approximately the same size as Ziegler, except stockier. Last seen wearing Timberland boots, a red and gray RVCA jacket, and jeans.

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2012...ng-ar-2698016/

My first thought was a car accident. The family on a news report said that the both cell phones went dead at about the same times and LE said the last place their phone pinged was in Rock Hill, SC. Does anyone know if they made it to Myrtle Beach? It sounds like they did since the family said they are having people send fliers around and as if anyone has seen them. Why would they go to Myrtle Beach for a day trip? I am from the area and Myrtle Beach is a good 4 and a half to 5 hour drive from there. so 9-10 hours round trip isn't worth it for a day??

Jake Ziegler, 18, and friend Ray Pierce, 17, left a party in Sherrills Ford between 1-1:45 a.m. on Saturday to drive down to Myrtle Beach and then back, according to Jackie Ziegler, Jake’s older sister. “Ray had to be back Saturday for work,” she said.
    (snipped from the 1st article posted in the 1st quote.)

This doesn't make sense to me. If they left at 1 they wouldn't get there till 6am with no stops. I wonder what time Ray had to be at work on Saturday. If they left and went directly back home at 6am they would not get back until 11am with no stops. No time to enjoy the beach, no point in going to this vacation spot. I don't get it. Even if he didn't have to be back at work until 3pm (2nd shift) they would have had to leave at 10am and it still would have been too cold in those morning hours to enjoy the beach, what most people go to MB for.

NC - Jake Ziegler 18, & Ray Pierce, 17, 13 Oct 2012 - missing on way to SC

Two high school boys headed to Myrtle Beach have not been heard from since 2am Friday night/Saturday morning. Dad drove to Myrtle beach and back and also rented a plane twice looking for any sign of an accident.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...89737817765201

FYI traveling to Myrtle beach from their hometown is probably 60-70% backroads. And backroads in NC and SC equals a lot of deer and other wild animals on the road. I'm hoping they haven't been in an accident, but it seems likely.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

I'm not sure why those kids would be anywhere near Rock Hill if they were driving to Myrtle Beach from Catawba County. You go through Charlotte, then you get off on Hwy. 74 and head southeast toward Monroe and then down to SC. You'd be at least 30 miles out of the way if you went through Rock Hill. My guess is that they got lost somewhere around Charlotte and ended up having an accident in the Rock Hill vicinity. If they ended up on one of those little heavily wooded roads around there, they could get lost easily...and if there were an accident, it might be difficult to find them. An air search might help.

I remember last month there was a student from GA that the trucker spotted the wreck from his big rig. Do we have a database or site that we use to get info to area truckers? TIA

i think there is something called 18 wheel angels....

Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigations, are now involved in the search for two missing teenage boys from Catawba County.

Investigators say that one of the teens cell phones was traced to Fairfield County in the midlands of South Carolina.

The last known contact with either of the teens was around 2:30 a.m. when Jake sent a text that pinged off a cell phone tower near Rock Hill, SC

"There is no activity on their cell phones, on their debit cards.

Ziegler says they are looking for a 2006 Green Pontiac G-6 with NC plates BBD-8844.

Jake's father, Zig Ziegler, rented two planes to fly the route from Denver to Myrtle Beach to search for the car.

They are tweeting photos and information and asking questions, using the hashtag #FindJakeandRay. Hundreds of tweets have gone out asking for help to find them.

From above link and this makes me mad, especially for this case and Brittanee Drexel's case...grrrr

Myrtle Beach Police Captain David Knipes said the city is a magnet for runaway teens and people looking for a hide-out.

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast