817 users online (187 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Government to let Cubans travel freely

The Associated Press

HAVANA -- The Cuban government announced Tuesday that it will eliminate a half-century-old restriction that requires citizens to get an exit visa to leave the country.

The decree, which takes effect Jan. 14, will eliminate a much-loathed bureaucratic procedure that has kept many Cubans from traveling or moving abroad.

"These measures are truly substantial and profound," said Col. Lamberto Fraga, Cuba's deputy chief of immigration. "What we are doing is not just cosmetic."

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Eugene, Oregon, United States
    This is great news. I hope they open it up to travel both ways, although I would love to see Cuba before it gets too modernized. I have family there, and it would be something to fly in and see all the old cars and stuff.