1018 users online (185 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Brooklyn, Female, 25-30, in Mill Basin, brown hoodie, Oct'12

New details have surfaced about the dead body found floating in Mill Basin’s waters yesterday, behind Kings Plaza.

DNAinfo reports:

Albert Gindi, 19, said he made the grim discovery while taking a break from his job at Paramount Decorators, in the strip mall abutting the marina.

“At first I saw the sneakers and that was pretty rough,” he told DNAinfo.com New York. “And then I see a belly. When I looked closer it looked like there was no head, so it’s probably like a mannequin, I thought.

“And then I’m getting closer and I see the head…after that I called 911. I was freaking out.”

The body was “not in the best shape,” according to police. Harbor Police pulled the woman in from one of the marina’s docks, eventually strapping her to a rescue board for removal.

Gindi said the woman had short hair, was wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, and jeans.

The body was found in the marina behind the strip mall, Kings Plaza and Dolly’s Ices shop – Avenue U near East 57th Street – at approximately 3:20 p.m. Her identity remains unknown

Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-17-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Add Link - Revise thread title

New England
    That would be this approximate area: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Avenu...+York&t=m&z=16
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

New England
    The caption in this story refers to a 29-year-old woman, which kind of implies they might know who it is: http://www.brooklyndaily.com/stories..._10_26_bk.html

But I can't find any announcment of who she might have been.

She was never entered in Namus or Doenet as far as I can tell.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)