GUILTY ME - Blanche Kimball, 70, brutally murdered, Augusta, 5 June 1976

Thanks for posting this....saw it yesterday and was very impressed how LE did not give up on this old case and how they solved it....from your link:

Raub was tracked to Seattle, where he was living as a homeless transient and police knew him from his lengthy criminal record. Authorities discovered that Raub knew Kimball and had at one time lived at her home.

Augusta investigators coordinated with authorities in Seattle and used a fake "gum chewing survey" to get a new DNA sample from Raub.

"I don't know the exact details, but we obviously needed some up-to-date DNA from him and some bubble gum was the key to getting that," McCausland said.

Three decades later, investigators remained committed to finding justice for Kimball.

"Even though all of her relatives are gone--her house has even been torn down--we continued to work on her behalf and obviously are pleased it's arrived to this point," McCausland said. "This is the oldest cold case cracked in Maine, so there's great satisfaction here."

Kudos to Maine LE!

This may sound mean and I'm glad he was caught and justice has been served, but it seems that he will be well taken care of in prison. He just went from living in squaler on the streets to a prison with a bed, 3 square meals a day and healthcare in his old age. It is unfortunate and sort of seems to me that he will doing better while in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back