1212 users online (234 members and 978 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Donna Dustin, 17, Anne Arundel County, 17 Nov 1973

Witnesses said Donna was last seen drinking with two men she'd recently met. At 10:30 a.m., two hunters discovered her naked body in an abandoned quarry at the Anne Arundel line behind the race track.

She died from repeated blunt trauma to the head, and there was evidence of sexual assault. Authorities said they found two sets of footprints at the scene.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/teens-...4#.UH-TOIbmWVo

This excellent article from 2000 provides a wealth of information about the events leading up to Donna Lee's murder.

Sex, Drugs and Vicious Homicide
    After 26 Years, Teenager's Slaying Still Touches Bowie
    By Matthew Mosk and Michael E. Ruane
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Sunday, January 16, 2000; Page A01

snipped
    Donna Dustin was, by all accounts, the typical, gregarious teenager, from a typical suburban community. She also was a child of her times--of Watergate, the end of the Vietnam War and the start of the oil embargo. The psychedelic age was giving way to the era of "All in the Family" and "The Waltons." But the risk taking and drugs lingered at the edges of teenage life. Even in Bowie.

snipped
    Police, who say they have been checking into fresh tips, have contacted four of the men recently. At least two have hired lawyers. Investigators used a court order to obtain blood samples from the Syracuse man. They have gathered similar samples from others in the group, for the purpose of comparing their DNA against DNA recovered from around Dustin's body.

Police would not say whether they have matched any DNA to the evidence from the crime scene. The Syracuse man, in a brief interview, sought to explain why he fought the court order.
    Much, much more at the link

Genetic testing ordered in killing --DNA could link man to beating death of girl, 17, in 1973
    January 05, 2000|By Andrea F. Siegel | Andrea F. Siegel, SUN STAFF

snipped
    One of the men from the party showed up at work the next day looking disheveled and wearing what appeared to be the same clothes from the previous day, co-workers told authorities. The clothes "had what appeared to be dark stains on them as well as briers and stickers stuck on him. His shoes appeared to be dirty also," the affidavit says.
    He had shown an interest in Donna during the summer, it says, but during initial questioning by police he said he did not know her.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Hunt for murdered teen's killer continues decades later
    By SCOTT MCCABE | MARCH 16, 2012 AT 4:15 PM

snipped
    Chief investigator David Cordle, of the Anne Arundel County State's Attorney's Office, has been investigating Dustin's slaying for a dozen years. Each year he attends her class reunion, hoping that someone will come forward with information about the night she was killed that might help solve Dustin's murder.

Anyone with information is asked to call Cordle at 410-222-1740, ext. 3863.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I guess it would be fair to say the DNA tests came back negative?

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Sadly, it sounds like there may have been so many different DNA samples on the body that it was impossible to tell which belonged to her killer.

I have a hard time buying a 17 year old girl consenting to let a bunch of "wild" grown men all have sex with her in a train. As in this being something she truly wanted to do.... I just cannot imagine it. Two guys? Maybe. A group? No.

This is a very sad case. This young girl went out for a good time and ended up raped and murdered. My question is, after this went down, did those wild parties and "Trains" stop.

Quote Originally Posted by December View Post
    I have a hard time buying a 17 year old girl consenting to let a bunch of "wild" grown men all have sex with her in a train. As in this being something she truly wanted to do.... I just cannot imagine it. Two guys? Maybe. A group? No.
    Drugs do strange things to people. From what I gather, DD was unaware the pot she smoked was laced with PCP, so I'm not blaming her. But, under the influence of a powerful halluconogenic like phencyclidine, it's possible she started out as a willing participant, unwittingly. Very sad, indeed.

Apparently, the DNA testing went nowhere, which leaves me wondering about the guy who held out.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

How many of these guys are still alive?