Examiner Finds Man Breathing in Morgue

Amore68

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
RALEIGH, N.C. — A medical examiner studying a body in a morgue was startled when the man took a shallow breath. Emergency medical technicians had declared 29-year-old Larry D. Green dead almost two hours earlier, after he was hit by a car.

Medical examiner J.B. Perdue was called to the accident scene Monday but did not examine Green then. Later, he was documenting Green's injuries when he noticed the man was breathing.

"I had to look twice myself just to make sure it was there, that's how subtle it was," Perdue said.

Green, 29, was taken to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, where he was in critical condition Tuesday.

Several members of the Franklin County emergency medical service have been suspended pending an investigation, said Darnell Batton, the county attorney.

___

:waitasec:

Yikes... if he wasn't noticed in the morgue he would have surely died.

I guess it wasn't his time yet :waitasec:

When he gets better, someone ought to interview him to see if he had a near death experience. Sounds like he might have been clinically dead at some point, then developed vital signs later on.

How horrible. I just hope he doesn't suffer permanent damage because he didn't receive immediate care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back