1189 users online (238 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Boy Scouts 'Perversion Files'

From Wfgodot.

Boy Scouts release 20 years of 'perversion' files (AP/Huffington Post)
    Quote:
    A trove of some 14,500 pages from the Boy Scouts' so-called "perversion files" have been made public, and the files show that on numerous occasions local officials helped cover up abuse allegations.
    ---
    The documents show that in many instances the files succeeded in keeping pedophiles out of Scouting, but many times they did not.
    ---
    more at the link

In My Opinion all these men they let go, let slip through with not a whisper to anyone, they went on to abuse other boys. I'm guessing most are on the RSL in their home state. Hopefully anyway.
    Last edited by Tricia; 10-18-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Thanks Trish, I have seen this on the news today. Very shocking to me...especially since the debacle this summer over turning away gay Boy Scout leaders. I used to be involved in Girl Scouts when my daughter was younger, and like everything else, I took it seriously and the girls were wonderful as well as the rest of the program leaders....just makes me so mad n sad at the same time.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/..._story.htmlBoy Scout ‘perversion files’ released

Video: The Boy Scouts of America have released nearly a decade of confidential files never before made public. The Scouts kept track of suspected pedophiles they banned from their ranks, but kept the list secret until now.
    Text Size PrintE-mailReprints
    By Paul Duggan, Thursday, October 18, 1:54 PM

Thousands of pages of once-private records detailing sex-abuse allegations within the Boy Scouts of America from the mid-1960s to the mid-1980s were made public by an Oregon court Thursday, including internal reports of alleged child molestations by more than 1,200 scoutmasters and other adult volunteers nationwide.

The records — formally called the Ineligible Volunteer Files but commonly known among Boy Scout officials as “the perversion files” — were submitted under seal as evidence in a 2010 sex-abuse lawsuit in Oregon. The state’s highest court ordered the documents released under Oregon’s open records law.
    Last edited by Peazzzer; 10-18-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: My typical Mrs. McGoo shtuffff

When our older boys were in boy scouts, the leaders in their troop were wife swapping and having affairs that led to 2 divorces among the leaders. One male leader was very dishonest. When they had a raffle, the prizes went from smallest to largest, as the tickets were drawn from a fish bowl. The leader announced at the beginning that HE was going to take home the biggest prize. Every time his name was drawn, he put it back in the fish bowl and said the prize wasn't big enough yet. At the end, his name was the only one left and he dishonestly took home the big prize. I lost all respect for him at that time and we eventually took our boys out of scouting. There was just too much dishonesty and immoral behavior. On one camping trip, the scout leader threw all of the clothing and belongings of our son and his tentmates out into the rain late at night because he said their tent wasn't neat enough. Our son was very upset about it. We should have reported all of these things to someone higher up in scouting but we weren't sure if even the higher ups would care. So, we just removed our boys from scouting.

Daily Mail's account is quite thorough and has a video and "Stories of abuse" sidebar:

The Boy Scout 'perversion files': Thousands of pages of secret
    documents reveal how abuse of boys was covered up for DECADES

Just makes me shudder...those poor kids!

Good grief! I'm shocked this could happen. I know when I was a girl scout leader they did a thorough background check including searching data basis for my fingerprints.

The Boy Scouts would have been better seeking justice for the victims, individually throughout the years. IMHO, this scandal is much, much worse!

Hasn't anyone ever told these LE and scout masters that it's common for a molester to have up to 100 victims before they're even caught!? Just imagine the children preyed upon by these guys could have been saved. But those that were to protect them, protected the perps instead.

Awful! Just horrible.
    JMHO
    fran