992 users online (168 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NC - Jesse Maness, 24, Siler City, 13 Oct 2012

http://www.wral.com/siler-city-polic...-man/11673284/

Posted: 10:55 a.m. yesterday
    Updated: 11:48 a.m. yesterday

Siler City police searching for missing 24-year-old man
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Missing man was in fatal crash

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8852969

Updated at 10:25 AM today

Rest in Peace Jesse!

I just heard that Jesse Maness was found deceased. He was in a single car accident.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8878993

Interesting information from Jesse's mom.

I know this family personally. There is a lot more to this story than is being reported.

Jesse was at Compadre's Restaurant in Siler City until about 1:30 am Saturday, October 13th. Someone from the restaurant saw him in his vehicle between 1:30-2:00 in the parking lot talking on his cell phone.

He was never seen or heard from again. He was supposed to go to his grandparent's house in Bennett, NC on Saturday to help do yard work, but he never showed up.

The police received a call on Friday morning, 10/19 shortly before 1:45 am to report a car accident. The car had gone off a bridge on Hwy. 22/42 just inside the Randolph County line. He was less than a mile from his grandparents' house and less than 3 miles from his father's house.

What is strange is that you could not see the car from the road. It went down a ravine and was hidden from anyone passing by. Yet, someone called 911 to report seeing the car in the middle of the night.

The Randolph County Sheriff's Department has closed the case even though the autopsy report has not come back yet. The medical examiner has stated that when the autopsy report is released that it will state that Jesse had been deceased only 1-3 days, not the 6 days he was missing.

Jesse's mother has requested a copy of the accident report from the Randolph County Sheriff's Department, but they will not release it to her. She reported this to Channel 11, which resulted in a second interview with her.

Other strange things: Jesse was not found wearing the same clothes that he was wearing the night he went missing. His cell phone was not found at the scene of the accident and has never been recovered. His billfold was found at the scene under a rock. The ME has told the family that he had a broken hip and a laceration to the head, but the injuries weren not life-threatening. Jesse was found with one sock on, and his shoes were in the car.

Something happened to Jesse between the time he left Compadre's and the time he was found. There was no bank activity during that time. The bridge that Jesse and his car were found under had been searched during the time he was missing, and there was nothing there.

Jesse's family, especially his mother and sister, are searching for answers. Things just don't add up to this being a car accident.

Siler City, N.C. — A man who was found dead near his wrecked car early Friday in Randolph County has been identified by family members as Jesse Lewis Maness, a 24-year-old man who was missing from Siler City since Saturday

http://www.wral.com/siler-city-polic...-man/11677983/

Read the posts under the article!
    Everyone wants to know why it wasnt spotted sooner!

My question is???? A poster said the guy found him at night and the question was how could they see that in the nightime? The reply was everyone carries a flashlight but how would they see it at night if no one saw it during the day? Makes no sense to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Siler City, N.C. A man who was found dead near his wrecked car early Friday in Randolph County has been identified by family members as Jesse Lewis Maness, a 24-year-old man who was missing from Siler City since Saturday

http://www.wral.com/siler-city-polic...-man/11677983/

Read the posts under the article!
    Everyone wants to know why it wasnt spotted sooner!

My question is???? A poster said the guy found him at night and the question was how could they see that in the nightime? The reply was everyone carries a flashlight but how would they see it at night if no one saw it during the day? Makes no sense to me!
    From what the family has told me, the area under the bridge had been searched more than once during the week that Jesse was missing, and the car was not there.

The reason that particular bridge had been searched is because it would have been on the route that Jesse would have taken to get to his grandparents' house or his father's house.

From what I was told, the GOLO poster who said that it was a neighbor who called in the accident is wrong. The phone call was made by a passerby who claims to have seen the car in the dark.

According to the family member I spoke with, Jesse's body had not been out in the elements for 6 days. There were no signs of insect infestations. The state trooper who worked the scene reportedly told other responders that there was no way that Jesse had been there for 6 days.

His car was found upside down, and it appeared that he crawled out of the window. His pants were found on the ground outside the car window, but his billfold was found away from the car under a rock. His cell phone has never been recovered, which we know he had with him on the night he went missing. And again, he was found with one sock on and his shoes were in the car.

His body was found several feet away from the car with his face in the water. The water that runs under that bridge is dirty, almost black in color. The water found in his lungs was clear.

A man claims to have received a text message from Jesse on the Monday after he went missing. That has not been confirmed because Jesse's phone was a pre-paid phone. I do not know if the man's cell phone records have been looked at to confirm that. According to the Randolph County Sheriff's Department, the case has been ruled as a car accident and is closed.

Jesse's mother and sister are desperately trying to find answers that make sense. Who drives with only one sock on? Why didn't he have his shoes on? How did his wallet end up under a rock? Where is his cell phone? Where was Jesse from the time he went missing until his car and body were found 6 days later? Why did the RCSD close the case before the autopsy report came back? If Jesse had been deceased only 1-3 days as the ME told the family, why was there no banking activity during the other 3-5 days? Why would Jesse text a man on Monday but not call in to work to let them know he wasn't going to be there that day?

There are most certainly some unanswered questions that need to be resolved. Jesse's family won't find closure until they get those answers. They deserve to have those questions answered. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

tarheel,

you state, "his pants were found on the ground outside the car window"

so, he what he found wearing?

This whole story is very strange...
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    tarheel,

you state, "his pants were found on the ground outside the car window"

so, he what he found wearing?

This whole story is very strange...
    Scorekeeper,

Other patrons who were at Compadres' restaurant/bar in Siler City on the night that Jesse went missing said that Jesse was wearing Nike Air Max shoes, a long-sleeve cream-colored shirt, and cargo khaki shorts. This information was stated on the missing fliers that were circulated and posted before he was found.

I did ask the family member if he went to the restaurant with anyone else that night, and they said that according to the other patrons he was there by himself.

One of the restaurant patrons walked outside and saw Jesse sitting in his car in the parking lot by himself talking on his cell phone sometime between 1:30-2:00 a.m. The patron went back inside the restaurant and when he left a little while later, Jesse's car was gone. Jesse's family member said that it was not unusual for Jesse to be sitting in his car and talking on his phone.

When Jesse was found, his Nike Air Max shoes were found in the car, he was wearing a different shirt than the long-sleeve cream-colored shirt, and his pants (not shorts) were found on the ground outside of the car.

Other than wearing a shirt and one sock, I do not know what else he was found wearing. Nothing else was mentioned to me by his family member, and honestly, it didn't cross my mind to ask if he was wearing any type of undergarments.

I agree with you that this whole story is strange. I know that many of Jesse's family members, his friends, and people in the surrounding communities think that it is very strange.

There is more to the story than this being a single vehicle car accident on the way to his grandparents' house after leaving Compadres. Things just don't add up to that being the scenario, which is why Jesse's mom and sister are pushing hard for answers. All of us are praying that they get their answers.

This is very strange. They need to re-open the case. So sad. Praying for his loved ones.

I remember the weather that week very well. It was way too cold for shorts. If he was really wearing shorts at Compadre's, didn't anyone there think it was weird? Was he acting strangely?

I just stumbled upon this because I don't typically look at the "Information" threads---maybe this will get more traction if you start a thread in the "Discussion"as well---because it does indeed sound very strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    I remember the weather that week very well. It was way too cold for shorts. If he was really wearing shorts at Compadre's, didn't anyone there think it was weird? Was he acting strangely?
    Skigirl,
    I do not remember the weather that week. Even if it was cool, it's not unusual for young people to wear shorts when it is cold; some wear them in the middle of winter. I couldn't do it, but I've seen a lot of younger guys do that.

No one reported Jesse acting strangely that night. Compadres is such a small place in a small town that if he had been acting weirdly, it would have been reported.

His sister went to the Verizon store in Siler City while Jesse was missing to see if she could get his phone records even though Jesse had a pre-paid phone. She explained to the man working at Verizon why she needed the records, and she showed him a picture of Jesse. Unbelievably, the man working at Verizon that day had been at Compadres the night Jesse went missing. He said that he remembered Jesse being there and that Jesse was acting fiine. This man was one of the last people that we know of who saw Jesse before he went missing.

I will tell you that the cargo shorts Jesse was described as wearing on the night he went missing were found at someone's house in a bookbag that Jesse carried with him on the weekends when he came home. He lived and worked in Greensboro during the week, but he usually came home on the weekends.

This person was not very "helpful" with law enforcement while Jesse was missing, and he has not been "helpful" with the members of Jesse's family who do want answers to what really happened.

There are some theories (really there's only one or two theories) about what might have happened to Jesse, but I am very cautious about naming names or placing blame on any person/people until more is discovered. One of the persons that a lot of people think may have been involved in Jesse's death has a reputation as being a very dangerous and vindictive man.

Hopefully, when the autopsy report is released, maybe there will be something in there that will prompt law enforcement to take another look at this case.

In the meantime, please keep this family in your prayers and pray that they find out what happened where ever that road may lead.

Thanks,
    Tarheel

I am going to move this thread to the Located/Discussion forum for you!

~Summer_Breeze

Missing Siler City man found dead in crash

October 19, 2012

Article & Video
    http://myfox8.com/2012/10/19/report-...dies-in-crash/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast