Texas A&M issues Code Maroon 10.19.12

October 19, 2012 11:42 AM

The University has received a campus-wide bomb threat. We are asking all students, faculty, and staff to evacuate campus as quickly and as safely as possible by foot. Do not use a vehicle at this time. This evacuation is effective immediately until further notice.
http://emergency.tamu.edu/

I surely hope they're catching these guys who are calling in these bomb threats to various campuses and such. I mean, who's to say this isn't part of a bigger plot and whoever is taking notes on the procedures and time lapse and stuff.

Scary situation,
JMHO
fran

praying there is no danger and its just a false alarm. Hoping everyone gets to safety if its not.

wasnt there a bomb threat yesterday - I read they evacuated two dormitories. Is this related I wonder

(AP) - Texas A&M University officials say they have received a campus-wide bomb threat and are evacuating all students, faculty and staff. The evacuation order was posted on the university's website Friday as a "Code Maroon" warning. The school says all classes were canceled. The warning says the evacuation is effective immediately and in effect until further notice.

http://www.katc.com/news/texas-a-and-m-evacuated-due-to-bomb-threat/

I surely hope they're catching these guys who are calling in these bomb threats to various campuses and such. I mean, who's to say this isn't part of a bigger plot and whoever is taking notes on the procedures and time lapse and stuff.

Scary situation,
JMHO
fran

I'm thinking someone just didn't want to take a test today. :doh: At least we can hope that's the case...best senario imo. If it's as innocent as childish games, I wonder if the person responsible for the threats realizes that their actions are making it very easy for the enemy to take notice and evaluate.

is it unusual to be asked to leave on foot?

Charlie, during the Los Angeles riots in the early 90s, UCLA received a campus-wide bomb threat on the second day of the disturbances. The university decided to cancel all classes at 4 pm.

So 70,000 people hit the parking garages at the same time. It took me nearly 2 hours just to get out of the multi-level lot and onto the jammed public streets.

Had there been a bomb (there wasn't) in that location, we all would have been toast.

I don't know what A&M is thinking, but it is also a large school and they may not want to congregate thousands of people in cars in a few parking garages.

Just wanted to say that Texas State University - San Marcos had one on Wed or Thurs of last week also. Not sure if it was the same day or not. I know they also didnt close classes right away.. Not until about 4pm....:waitasec:

I don't know how university officials go about making these decisions. In the UCLA event I described above, I know for a fact the bomb threat was received before 9 a.m.; I knew about it by 11 a.m., yet the university didn't announce the 4 p.m. closing until 3:50. Chaos ensued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back