1128 users online (277 members and 851 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - Mary Unwin, 65, Mousehole, Cornwall, 13 October 2012

Why DID Mary sail to disaster? She insisted on sailing solo round Land's End on the yacht
    she'd just been given by her new husband. Now she's vanished - leaving a tantalising mystery...
    (Daily Mail)
    The day before Mary Unwin embarked on her doomed voyage around Land’s End last weekend, she took her new £32,000 boat out for a trial sail. Sailing conditions were perfect in the sheltered waters around Falmouth as the boat, Seagair, coursed through gentle waves.
    ---
    As we now know, Mary set sail on Seagair the following morning with apparently tragic consequences. In the week since she was last seen alive, flotsam washed up on several Cornish beaches has included jagged fragments of a wood-panelled sailing boat, distinctive seat cushions, and a plate bearing Seagair’s registration number.

But as hopes of finding Mary alive have faded, the mystery surrounding her disappearance has deepened.
    ---
    No one saw Mary leave Falmouth marina on Saturday morning, but she was seen in the harbour entrance at Mousehole — about 40 miles further along the coast — at around 3pm by fisherman Finbar Jones. ‘I could see she couldn’t really handle the boat,’ says 28-year-old Mr Jones. ‘She hit my boat twice while she was trying to manoeuvre in.’
    ---
    ‘I asked her where she was going and she said “round the corner”, which I knew meant round Land’s End. ‘I thought she was joking, but she was deadly serious. I told her it was way too dangerous, but she seemed absolutely determined. I have beaten myself up about what happened since then, but I couldn’t stop her.’
    ---
    ‘She wouldn’t take advice from anybody. If she was going to go, she was going to go. She’s one of life’s eccentrics, as mad as a box of frogs but absolutely wonderful’ said Mary’s friend Sarah-Louise Sim.
    ---
    much more at the link above

Mary Unwin: Missing yachtswoman 'not believed to be alive'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22146379
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.