Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paula Baniszewski

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    I wonder about Gertrude Baniszewski's childhood. I know she was close to her father, but not so with her mother. She is from a large family and is the middle child out of six children. I wonder about her relationship with her siblings. Was she abused or her parents religious?
    I remember at the time of her trial her attorney introduced evidence as to her abusive marriage but not her childhood that I can remember. She was obviously depressed and overwhelmed with the care of her children with hardly any financial support from her ex husband. This was before child support laws went into effect. She was on welfare I think, if I remember correctly. Both Paula and Gertrude should have spent the rest of their lives in prison but in new trials they were given lighter sentences. Paula only served a few years. She deserves to never have a minute of peace for her participation in the murder of an innocent child. Too bad if her sons, grandchildren and the public know about her horrendous crime, by not paying in prison she will have to pay in other ways. JMO

Gertrude moved in with Paula in Iowa after she was released. I think this shows that she was still close to her mother after everything that happened.
    This makes me wonder if she ever felt what they did was wrong

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jubillee For This Useful Post:

family time

How does she explain all of this to her family..
    And did her ex-husband know who she was? He must have
    if Gertrude lived with them although she went by the name of Nadine
    Van Fossen as did Paula until her marriage to John Pace.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jubillee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jubillee View Post
    How does she explain all of this to her family..
    And did her ex-husband know who she was? He must have
    if Gertrude lived with them although she went by the name of Nadine
    Van Fossen as did Paula until her marriage to John Pace.
    I'll bet none of them knew and this was her dirty little secret. You know family members will look it up on the web. I cannot imagine how they will feel and react. I was absolutely horrified. Still am.

Wow check this out.....hope this is allowed it was in the paper. Guess we know some of the names now.

Born in Indianapolis, Indiana, he was the son of John S., Sr. and Mary Blake of Mt. Vernon, Indiana. He was retired on disability. John was a member of the New Life Assembly of God Church in Lancaster. He served as the Director of Men s Ministry and was actively involved in various church activities. His greatest joy was his Grandchildren.

Surviving besides his wife and parents are 3 sisters: Paula, wife of John Pace of Iowa, Stephanie, wife of Kenneth Serikistad of Florida and Marie Shelton of Indiana and a brother: James Blake of New York.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...#ixzz2AN0M5giG
    Last edited by JulieR; 10-25-2012 at 11:21 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR View Post
    Wow check this out.....hope this is allowed it was in the paper. Guess we know some of the names now.

Born in Indianapolis, Indiana, he was the son of John S., Sr. and Mary Blake of Mt. Vernon, Indiana. He was retired on disability. John was a member of the New Life Assembly of God Church in Lancaster. He served as the Director of Men s Ministry and was actively involved in various church activities. His greatest joy was his Grandchildren.

Surviving besides his wife and parents are 3 sisters: Paula, wife of John Pace of Iowa, Stephanie, wife of Kenneth Serikistad of Florida and Marie Shelton of Indiana and a brother: James Blake of New York.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...#ixzz2AN0M5giG
    Wow is right. Good find!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jaycee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Wow is right. Good find!
    Yeah kind of crazy he was living right here in Lancaster were I am. I can't seem to find an obit on his father. Wonder if Shirley died or if they just didn't
    Talk as she isn't list......hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusdog View Post
    I remember this well. I passed by that house on my way to the grocery store that night.
    was the grocery store the Standard on the corner of New York and Sherman? I lived just down the street on the corner of Market and Sherman when this occured. I was 10. I think it freaked out my parents so bad that we moved to Greenwood Indiana shortly after.

as a kid growing up in the neighborhood, I used to walk by that house all the time. it was very scary finding out what was going on in there.

I agree with the others. the old woman should have been executed and the other kids should have spent at the very least 20 years. I was shocked to find that they were in prison for as little as 3 years. rediculous......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12