1206 users online (259 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Father & 4yo son killed, 3 injured in Inglewood shooting, 20 Oct 2012

http://centurylink.net/news/read.php...org%3E&ps=1011

INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A father and his 4-year-old son were killed and a woman and two other young children were wounded by a gunman wearing a painter's mask who set fire to their home near Los Angeles early Saturday, authorities said.

Inglewood Police Chief Mark Fronterotta told KABC-TV that a SWAT team set up a perimeter and was using dogs to search for the attacker, who may have lived in a rear house on the property. Investigators were trying to determine whether the suspect fled or remained in the house as it burned.......

Detectives determined the suspect set the house ablaze before opening fire with a weapon, .................

More at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

What a horrible crime-the mother & father are very brave people!!
    Hope they catch this perp fast!!!

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    The 28-year-old woman, said to be the children's mother, was being treated for gunshot wounds. She was in critical condition, as was a 6-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the pelvis and a 7-year-old girl with a gunshot wound to the chest, according to a department statement.

After being shot, the mother carried the wounded 4-year-old to a neighbor's yard.

"This extraordinary rescue attempt by the mother occurred in spite of the fact that she had gunshot wounds to both legs," the statement said.

The 30-year-old father was shielding two of his children when he was shot, the chief said. He died in surgery, as did the 4-year-old boy.

http://centurylink.net/news/read.php...org%3E&ps=1011

Soooo Sad. The neighbors said this guy was weird and had not paid his rent in a year. How can anyone shoot a 4 yr old child?
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

OK according to this article a new property owner was trying to evict the shooter. He had also known the family he shot and attacked for 8 yrs. Why shoot them? They were just his neighbors? They still don't know if he's alive or not apparently?

http://centurylink.net/news/read.php...SNWU00L1_UNEWS

This is the latest new I could find.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...oman-says.html

Fronterotta described the suspect as a 55-year-old black male, 5 feet 6, 160 pounds, wearing a black cap or beanie with a white painter’s hat over it. The gunman had known the family for at least eight years, according to Capt. Tom Richards of the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

As dark smoke rose from the smoldering home in the quiet neighborhood, an Inglewood police SWAT team cleared the surrounding structures and searched for the suspect. Police warned residents to stay inside their homes as they combed the area north of Century Boulevard about a mile west of the Hollywood Park racetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    OK according to this article a new property owner was trying to evict the shooter. He had also known the family he shot and attacked for 8 yrs. Why shoot them? They were just his neighbors? They still don't know if he's alive or not apparently?

http://centurylink.net/news/read.php...SNWU00L1_UNEWS
    So it seems they were all renters from the new owner....I agree, why blame this family and take his rage out on them?

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

All I have to say is 'why, why, why'! This poor family, to suffer from such violence.

May this end as peacefully as possible.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    All I have to say is 'why, why, why'! This poor family, to suffer from such violence.

May this end as peacefully as possible.
    As far as ending peacefully, there is a part of me that thinks it might be better if an "officer-involved shooting" occurs. With no harm to the officers, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    As far as ending peacefully, there is a part of me that thinks it might be better if an "officer-involved shooting" occurs. With no harm to the officers, of course.
    I agree Joe. Here's the latest video I could find. Sorry don't know how to embed. This just breaks my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=8JY_L79l308#!

I checked out the 'parking lot' for scanner chatter, but couldn't find anything on this case. Is anyone here familiar with the Inglewood area? What would be the best scanner to listen to?
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Newest article- New Property owner said the shooter lost his case for eviction in court Tues. That he had not paid rent in years.

Why Why attack this family who lived in the house in front of him who had known him for 8 years??? I don't understand.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...tion-ends.html

Police end evacuation of Inglewood area where family was shotInglewood

Police Chief Mark Fronterotta described the suspect as a 55-year-old black man, 5 feet 6, 160 pounds, wearing a black baseball cap with possibly a white painter’s mask over his face. He had known the family at least eight years, according to Richards.

“The father was found draped over two of the children, shielding them,” Fronterotta said. The father, 30, was shot multiple times while protecting his children, police said. He and his 4-year-old son died at a hospital after surgery.

The children's mother, 28, was shot in both legs but managed to jump over the property’s back fence with her 4-year-old son, Fronterotta said. Paramedics found her collapsed on the street.

Her 7-year-old daughter was shot in the chest. Both mother and daughter were in critical condition at a local hospital. A 6-year-old boy, who suffered a gunshot wound to the pelvis, was in stable condition. An 8-year-old boy escaped injury, Richards said.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8480699#post8480699"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Scanner Thread Link

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    I checked out the 'parking lot' for scanner chatter, but couldn't find anything on this case. Is anyone here familiar with the Inglewood area? What would be the best scanner to listen to?
    Snoopster, here's what the scannerites started for us. I keep losing interntet service so can't help much.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188433"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Scanner thread for this incident.

Police find body during search for gunman accused of shooting Calif. family, killing 2

Police found a body late Saturday in a backyard bungalow belonging to a masked gunman who is accused of setting the residence on fire before killing two members of a Southern California family and wounding three others.
    Madia said the search of the badly burned bungalow took hours because it was packed with debris.

"He was kind of a hoarder or pack rat," Madia said. "So that, along with the destruction from the fire made it a complete mess. When his body was located it was hard to tell who was under the rubble."
    http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...389/story.html

LE still has to identify the body and the manhunt continues, in case that is someone else in his bungalow.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast