Match! CA: Fonter, Stuart dob 5/19/1934 found 9/3/2012 Case #398

According to California marriage records Stuart P Fonter marries Bettye S. Carter (or Bettye S. Felter) on 3 April 1982 in Orange County. Stuart P is listed as b. c. 1935 and Bettye about 1936. They were divorced in October, 1984, again in Orange County. Bettye appears several times in the society pages of the newspaper in the late 1980s.

From The Orange County Register - Tuesday, May 25, 1993
Bettye S. Fonter , 56, of Newport Beach died Saturday. Memorial services at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Balboa Bay Club. Arrangements by the Neptune Society, Costa Mesa. Survived by her brother, Kenneth Felty of Oklahoma. There is a Kenneth Felty in Hobart, OK, but as he'd be an ex-brother-in-law, there might be a better choice.

The 1940 shows us Stuart,age 6, living at 4043 Center Ave, in Lyons, Cook County, Illinois with his parents, Paul Fonter, Jr, and Marie Fonter, both age 29, born in Illinois. (Indexed as Fontes). Stuart's father Paul was a draftsman.

According to the Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947, Paul and Marie also had a baby who was born and died on 14 Mar, 1931, and is buried in Mount Auburn Cemetery. Marie's maiden name was Koyle on his death listing; it's listed as Coyle on their marriage record. There is no record of additional children, so Stuart may have been an only child.

Marie died in 1975 and Paul in 1984 in Orange County, California.
According to the California Death Index, Paul was b. 16 July 1905 and died 11 May 1984 and Marie was born 17 Jul 1909 and died 16 Oct 1975.

According to the 1930 Census we find Stuart's father, Paul, living with his parental family in Lyons, Cook, Illinois:
Paul Fontner, head, 55
Margaret M, wife, 44
Paul Jr, son, 25
Joachim M, son, 18 (SSDI: 29 Jan 1912 - 13 Mar 1997 Lyons, Cook, Illinois)
Caroline P, daughter, 14
Adrille J, daughter, 12
Bertha G, daughter, 10
Walter A, son, 8.

Here is a link to Paul's brother Walter's obit from Ava, Missouri:
http://douglascountyherald.com/?p=2669

It lists Walter as having one son, Paul W. Fonter, Springfield; two daughters and their spouses, Liz and Ed Hergenroeder, Ava, and Laurie and John Samuelson, Sparta. These would be a nephew and nieces of Stuart's father Paul, and thus, first cousins to Stuart. The Hergenroeders are listed in whitepages.com; perhaps the others are too.

This came from the San Bernardino Sheriff's office. I want to extend my thanks to DOUBLESTOP! :heartluv:

"Today, November 5, 2012, while searching your site I found that
someone by the screen name of "DOUBLESTOP" had done tremendous
research and had traced possible family members for Mr. Fonter. With
the information that was provided by "DOUBLESTOP" I was able through
law enforcement databases confirm that there was possible family
members. On November 5, 2012, I was able to make contact with a cousin
and notify her of Stuart Fonter's death.

I would like to give my heartfelt thank to "DOUBLESTOP" and if it were
not for this persons "SLEUTHING" skills I would not have been able to
locate family members.

Please pass this on and extend my thanks for a job very well done and
the efforts were very much appreciated."

Wow...I've been out of the loop and just saw this. I'm so happy my information could help! And what a remarkably nice thank you note. I'm just glad Stuart is lost no more.

Awesome job doublestop! So nice to see the nice thank you note and recognition from the ME's office! Thank's for your hard work, doublestop!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back