1156 users online (253 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OR - Elizabeth Hoppes, 46, Portland, 19 Oct 2012

Here is what is known so far:

Last seen appx 930 am Friday Oct 19 2012
    Elizabeth Hoppes (Hop-es)

5' 2" tall, 135 lbs, brown eyes and brown hair.
    Last seen wearing dark clothes.

She recently sprain her ankle so will be walking with a limp.

Lived on N Rosa Parks Way - off N Vancouver Ave.

Dropped off her 12 yr old at Holy Redeemer Catholic School appx 930 am Friday.
    Family has not heard from her since dropping off her child.

She is now overdue for her at-home dialysis and daily meds - health issues make it very important to locate her quickly.

Mother of three.

Missing person report filed with Portland PD.

Family members and friends have searched top-to-bottom in their home, the neighborhood, nearby Peninsula Park and parking lots in Portland's Delta Park and Jantzen Beach areas.

Hoppes' 2002 Chevy Malibu has been missing since Friday morning. Family says it has an Oregon license plate number of 896-EDT.

They say her wallet and driver's license was found at the house.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...YtDS3a0FA.cspx

Did she leave her wallet home that day, accidentally? Or did she come home after dropping her child off?

This sounds like a very serious case given her need for meds. Hope they find her soon (and safe).

Since her wallet and DL were home maybe she went back home after dropping her son off and something happend to her from there!

The nurse in me wonders if she does in-home hemodialysis (unlikely but possible) or peritoneal dialysis.

Hemodialysis only need to be performed 3 times per week. Peritoneal is performed several times per DAY.

I also wonder why she is on dialysis. A common cause of renal failure at this age is complications from diabetes. Can also be a complication of hypertension, or a number of other reasons.

So much we DON'T know.........

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    The nurse in me wonders if she does in-home hemodialysis (unlikely but possible) or peritoneal dialysis.

Hemodialysis only need to be performed 3 times per week. Peritoneal is performed several times per DAY.

I also wonder why she is on dialysis. A common cause of renal failure at this age is complications from diabetes. Can also be a complication of hypertension, or a number of other reasons.

This article says she does indeed do at home dialysis:
    http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...YtDS3a0FA.cspx
    "Calls to the house went unanswered as of 10:30 a.m. Friday. And Hoppes is now overdue for her at-home dialysis and daily medications -- health issues which "make finding her [very] important," said a Portland Police Bureau spokesman."

Would a dialysis nurse come to her home then?
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post

How quickly will her life be at risk if she misses the dialysis (and her meds)? What if it was the hemodialysis? I suspect the reporter was told in-home dialysis by a family member. It is possible the family member doesn't know there are two different types of "in-home dialysis".

medical people:

Do people who get dialysis suffer from illness that might make someone confused?

A little more info:

Age 47

Auto information: 2002 Chevrolet Malibu, 4-door, silver in color and it has Oregon license 896 EDT.

This is another tragedy. I don't see anything nefarious having happened to this beloved mother. I do feel as though this was an accident and her car will be found relatively soon. I am guessing her car slipped off the road in the rain, and over an embankment. Possibly not visible due to the vegetation.
    I am going to do some serious praying tonight, as the thought of another family and children without a mother is too painful to consider.

I am disturbed by the frequency with which people are dying these days under tragic or accidental circumstances. I cannot keep the tears at bay when I think of the children , who must endure such a painful loss at such a young age. It tears at my heart.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

I hope that she will be found soon and brought home safe. Its worrying that her car is gone but her drivers license and wallet are at home. Most women wouldn't leave without those things, and especially if they are driving the car. Its also worrying that she needs medicine and dialysis and is past due for it. Did it say if she has a husband/borfriend that lives with her or elsewhere? What about the father of her children?

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    medical people:

Do people who get dialysis suffer from illness that might make someone confused?
    Yes. Delerium is a common complication in dialysis patients due to electrolyte imbalances.

Dialysis disequilibrium syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 05-10-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post
    This is another tragedy. I don't see anything nefarious having happened to this beloved mother. I do feel as though this was an accident and her car will be found relatively soon. I am guessing her car slipped off the road in the rain, and over an embankment. Possibly not visible due to the vegetation.
    I am going to do some serious praying tonight, as the thought of another family and children without a mother is too painful to consider.

I am disturbed by the frequency with which people are dying these days under tragic or accidental circumstances. I cannot keep the tears at bay when I think of the children , who must endure such a painful loss at such a young age. It tears at my heart.
    Unless she drove westward quite a way, there are no embankments for her to drive off of... and along the embankment I'm thinking of, I can't imagine someone driving off it w/out leaving easily-seen evidence of having done so.

ETA: per the news article attached below, it sounds like she may have walked... the school is only 1 block east, then 1/2 block north from the intersection they gave us that is closest to her home. It sounds like she didn't take her driver's license or wallet with her to drop her child off at school, but her car and keys are missing, along with her now, so it is odd that her wallet/DL is still at home.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopula...YtDS3a0FA.cspx
    Last edited by msthinksalot; 10-21-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: added link...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast