Dina's Media Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but no, Ip.

When I heard the words "assault" and "homicide", I shut it down.

It will be very, very interesting to see DS in an interview with Ann Rule, if it ever happens.

Ann Rule has enough experience to handle someone trying to spin the facts of a murder to fit an agenda.

I haven't heard of any interviews scheduled with those two, but it certainly will be interesting if it happens.

It will be very, very interesting to see DS in an interview with Ann Rule, if it ever happens.

Ann Rule has enough experience to handle someone trying to spin the facts of a murder to fit an agenda.

I haven't heard of any interviews scheduled with those two, but it certainly will be interesting if it happens.

I agree, and IMO, Dina is digging herself a very deep hole.........

I don't think DS would stand up to a relentless cross examination by a prosecuting atty in a court of law. THAT we may see.( an interview with Ann Rule? It'll never happen)

Thanks IP for putting up this link. IMO we are still hearing the same old diatribe we've heard before. In an ideal world, I TOTALLY agree with DS in what she's trying to do with Maxie's House. It's a wonderful and insightful idea. I don't know if it will work, but it is a great idea.

HOWEVER, anything having to do with Maxie's House is always a spring board for her to place blame and accusations on others.

I again feel that the barrage of media from DS in the past few months is based on deflecting attention from the fact that RZ was murdered, or even worse, to prove that it was OK THAT SHE WAS MURDERED, because she was in some way responsible for MS's accident and death.

The reports released by DS do not prove that MS died in anything other than an accident. One of the reports is beyond biased and not fit for court. The other report has the BIO METRIC EXPERT REFUSING to point fingers or give an opinion on whether it could be an "assault scenario".

It all is very misleading...

Always, MOO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 16
Thanks IP for putting up this link. IMO we are still hearing the same old diatribe we've heard before. In an ideal world, I TOTALLY agree with DS in what she's trying to do with Maxie's House. It's a wonderful and insightful idea. I don't know if it will work, but it is a great idea.

HOWEVER, anything having to do with Maxie's House is always a spring board for her to place blame and accusations on others.

I again feel that the barrage of media from DS in the past few months is based on deflecting attention from the fact that RZ was murdered, or even worse, to prove that it was OK THAT SHE WAS MURDERED, because she was in some way responsible for MS's accident and death.

The reports released by DS do not prove that MS died in anything other than an accident. One of the reports is beyond biased and not fit for court. The other report has the BIO METRIC EXPERT REFUSING to point fingers or give an opinion on whether it could be an "assault scenario".

It all is very misleading...

Always, MOO

I agree, Dina is hell bent on having everyone believe that Rebecca harmed Max........and I don't think that she did. IMO, Dina needs some serious psychological help.

Funny how people see things so differently. IMO, Dina is handling what happened to Maxie in a professional way and going through all the correct channels.

IMO, it is Mary Zahau that has a serious psychological program in that she refused the day of Rebecca's death to even consider it was a suicide. And even after all the evidence proved it she still is in major denial. <modsnip>. Two families also experiencing tremendous grief. It is obvious she is still locked in the anger stage of grief and she is taking that out on the SDSO and two innocent families. JMO.

Funny how people see things so differently. IMO, Dina is handling what happened to Maxie in a professional way and going through all the correct channels.

IMO, it is Mary Zahau that has a serious psychological program in that she refused the day of Rebecca's death to even consider it was a suicide. And even after all the evidence proved it she still is in major denial. <modsnip>. Two families also experiencing tremendous grief. It is obvious she is still locked in the anger stage of grief and she is taking that out on the SDSO and two innocent families. JMO.

I've been baffled by the campaign against the SDSO and ME since the beginning. Insult and alienate them and then expect the ME to change the death certificate? Seriously delusional.

JMO

I hear ya, sister.

And from what I saw from the media, LE was going out of their way to be through and take all possibilities into account. In the first day or two after Rebecca committed suicide there were so many theories to explore - was it murder or suicide? If murder, who did it? Jonah? Adam? Dina? One or more of them with Nina? Was it done by a stranger? Did someone upset with Jonah murder them both? Was Max's fall accidental or done on purpose? Did Rebecca commit suicide, or was she murdered in retaliation for Max's death? I would think as LE, this case was a once-in-a-career mystery and they really wanted to solve it.

And it was such a sensational and bizarre death. Nude! Naked! Bound! Millionaire! Mansion! In the first few weeks, it was everywhere. <modsnip>.

Who does that? Who doesn't even let the detectives investigate the case before they start accusing them of a wrong conclusion, bias, and/or being paid off?

The way the Zahaus have acted is just so wrong to me. It reminds me of a case I saw on some true crime show. I don't remember the name, but a woman's daughter had been murdered and the body discovered by a river. She immediately began to accuse LE of not trying hard enough to find her daughter's murderer. In the meantime, LE was doing everything they could to solve it. It turned out that the video tape from the day they found the body and investigated the scene was lost somehow. The Mother took that as "proof" that they had been lax in the investigation. They never found the killer.

Ten years later, the tape is found and the Mother finally sees it. She was sobbing at the care and respect they had given her daughter's body and how carefully they had searched and recorded clues. She said it was as if they were dealing with their own loved ones.

And, as I recall, the body was partially nude and it was never tented or covered while LE was investigating the scene.

All the above, JMO.

CG, can you provide us with a link showing RZ's family "defamed" others in the Shacknai or Romano households?

All the media reports I've seen about them state they don't believe she committed suicide and that they want further investigation. Unlike others involved in this case, they aren't making accusations against anyone. Most of their remarks talk of Rebecca, what a happy person she was, etc.

Remember, it was RZ's sister who was the last person known to have talked to her, just before she died. She would know if her sister indicated she was considering suicide.

Betty P, I never used the word defamed. You have that in quotes as if I did. My words were:

Mary Zahau immediately began to use the media...RadarOnline ran every little innuendo she fed them. <modsnip>

Go search RadarOnline, and other MSM source Mary commented in the days and weeks after the tragedy. There will be numerous of article that back up my point.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...appointed-handling-case-maintains-not-suicide

Rebecca Zahau’s Sister: I’m ‘Very Disappointed’ With Investigation Into Her Suicide
Posted on Sep 19, 2011 @ 06:00AM
By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

"Mary Zahou says she’s “very disappointed” with the San Diego Sheriff's Department handling of her sister’s death which was ruled a suicide, something that the family refuses to accept."

More...

Comments by Mary Zahau such as the above do not equal a smear campaign. Good grief!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...appointed-handling-case-maintains-not-suicide

Rebecca Zahau’s Sister: I’m ‘Very Disappointed’ With Investigation Into Her Suicide
Posted on Sep 19, 2011 @ 06:00AM
By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

"Mary Zahou says she’s “very disappointed” with the San Diego Sheriff's Department handling of her sister’s death which was ruled a suicide, something that the family refuses to accept."

More...

Comments by Mary Zahau such as the above do not equal a smear campaign. Good grief!

I have felt the Zahau family has shown great restraint and dignity. 180 degrees from how Rebecca was treated at the scene.

Betty P, I never used the word defamed. You have that in quotes as if I did. My words were:

<modsnip>.

Go search RadarOnline, and other MSM source Mary commented in the days and weeks after the tragedy. There will be numerous of article that back up my point.

Here's a link to the stories on RadarOnline about Rebecca Zahau

http://www.radaronline.com/category/tags/rebecca-zahau

There's nothing in any of those stories that is slanderous towards the Shacknai or Romano families.

For example, here's a quote from Mary Zahau from the latest article there, written about Dina's accusations that Rebecca murdered Max:

"We believe the homicide conclusions are unsupported. From our own personal observations of Rebecca with Max we saw nothing but a close, loving relationship between the two," Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

"Rebecca loved Max as if he was her own son. While our family shares the grief over Max's death, the thought that Rebecca would cause Max harm is preposterous. The California Attorney General is presently reviewing the file at our request. We urge the public and the media to wait for facts and to not be distracted by shiny press releases sent by public relations firms touting paid experts' speculation. We also urge those who caused Rebecca harm to turn themselves in to law enforcement. Only then can both families begin the healing process."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ter-claims-murdered-max-shacknai-preposterous

So, an article that quotes Dina accusing RZ of murder contains a careful, measured response from RZ's family, one that doesn't accuse anyone of her murder. Let's be realistic, RZ's family knows they're up against a billionaire who can spend any amount he wishes to bankrupt them, ruin their lives and their reputations. They're not about to give him any opportunity to challenge them in court.

Perhaps Dina's definition of "fair" coverage is one the public doesn't share. Perhaps she assumes that, since she's a wealthy, influential person who was once married to a billionaire, she's entitled to a tilted playing field in the media, one where a working class, immigrant family like the Zahau's are not allowed to question or challenge her accusations.

So, an article that quotes Dina accusing RZ of murder contains a careful, measured response from RZ's family, one that doesn't accuse anyone of her murder. Let's be realistic, RZ's family knows they're up against a billionaire who can spend any amount he wishes to bankrupt them, ruin their lives and their reputations. They're not about to give him any opportunity to challenge them in court.

Perhaps Dina's definition of "fair" coverage is one the public doesn't share. Perhaps she assumes that, since she's a wealthy, influential person who was once married to a billionaire, she's entitled to a tilted playing field in the media, one where a working class, immigrant family like the Zahau's are not allowed to question or challenge her accusations.

Thank you for this insight, BettyP. THANK YOU. Another elephant in the room-- some people are more "equal" than others, right?

:gthanks:

I've been baffled by the campaign against the SDSO and ME since the beginning. Insult and alienate them and then expect the ME to change the death certificate? Seriously delusional.

JMO

I agree-- but <modsnip> the COPD, not SDSO, right? I cannot imagine why Dina is working so hard to alienate and insult everyone who has any influence in responding to her request to reopen Max's case and change the death certificate?? Those scathing, insulting letters she wrote and posted publicly, the interviews-- pretty insulting to the very people she was appealing to just days earlier. That can't help them see her as rational and reasonable, imo.

Seriously delusional. I agree. They have been most patient with her, imo.

I agree-- <modsnip>, not SDSO, right? I cannot imagine why Dina is working so hard to alienate and insult everyone who has any influence in responding to her request to reopen Max's case and change the death certificate?? Those scathing, insulting letters she wrote and posted publicly, the interviews-- pretty insulting to the very people she was appealing to just days earlier. That can't help them see her as rational and reasonable, imo.

Seriously delusional. I agree. They have been most patient with her, imo.

Couldn't agree more.....I know the Chief of CPD, and he is none too happy with Dina and her public bashing of he and his department.........she should have approached him differently when she had the opportunity. She took her swing and struck out, didn't win Chief Scanlon's support.

I wonder if Kimberly ever thought about doing a background check on Dina when she moved in with Jonah, and was taking care of her two children.......speaking of not giving one's correct legal name.

^Probably not, I'm thinking only paranoid/devious minds would be driven to do background checks and use other names (like say for example, Sara). Kimberly appears to have a much different mindset than Dina Romano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23