627 users online (80 members and 547 guests)  

Websleuths News

DE - With temperatures in 20s, kindergartner is found wandering

This happened very close to my home and I'm just furious that something like this could happen. I also did a search on this bus company in the newspaper archives and there have been several problems with kids on their buses in the past year.

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjo...tleboy,5,.html

A Marion T. Academy kindergartner who fell asleep on a school bus Tuesday morning awoke to find himself alone after the driver apparently neglected to check that the bus was empty before parking at an Ogletown industrial park.

Temperatures were in the 20s when the bus driver parked the bus and left.

The 5-year-old New Castle boy told police he let himself out of the bus and wandered to a nearby business, said state police spokesman Lt. Joseph P. Aviola Jr.

It's not known how long the boy was alone.

The bus driver has been suspended until an investigation is completed, a bus company official said.

We've had trouble in my area also. A little boy who lives around the corner from me fell asleep on the bus and his dad had to chase the bus down on its way to being parked. Sure enough there was the little guy. ANOTHER driver drove his bus home with a child on board so he could do some bus maintenance--not sure if he knew the child was onboard or not. ANOTHER driver parked his truck and left a sleeping child on board. ANOTHER driver dropped a six year old child off six miles (maybe 5) from his home. A teacher from the child's school happened by and saw the little boy lost and crying.....she took him back to the school and called his mom. And last year a driver dropped a FOUR YEAR OLD boy off at the entrance to a "projects" area when nobody was there to meet him...

It is scary out there.

I remember

When my daughter had just started kindergarten, she fell asleep on the bus. The driver pulled up to the house and stopped and when she didn't get off, they just drove on. My husband saw the bus and called the school, and they said that the driver would drop her off on the way back through (the bus passed my house again on the return trip). It scared me to death! It is policy here that before a driver leaves the bus, he is supposed to do a walk through, but I wonder how often they really do that. Those buses don't contain that many kids. You would think a driver would pay attention to what kids get on the bus, and whether they get off at their stop or not.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I am not the "sue happy" type, but I would seriously consider it if this had ever happened to one of my boys.

Don't mess with MAMA!!

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    When I was a little girl (a long long time ago, lol), about 3, I walked out of the house and about 3 blocks away to the local school. My FRANTIC parents found me - IN THE SNOW IN MY STOCKING FEET!!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    When I was a little girl (a long long time ago, lol), about 3, I walked out of the house and about 3 blocks away to the local school. My FRANTIC parents found me - IN THE SNOW IN MY STOCKING FEET!!!!!

You're just a rebel, aren't ya, Poco??

Thank goodness your Mama and Daddy found you!