Police: Costumed girl mistaken for skunk, shot

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Associated Press
Posted: 10/21/2012 01:26:35 PM PDT

FREEDOM, Pa. (AP) -- Police say a costumed 9-year-old girl was accidentally shot outside a western Pennsylvania home during a Halloween party by a relative who thought she was a skunk.
New Sewickley Township police say the girl was over a hillside and wearing a black costume and a black hat with a white tassel. Chief Ronald Leindecker says a male relative mistook her for a skunk and fired a shotgun, hitting her in the shoulder Saturday night. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_21823509/police-costumed-girl-mistaken-skunk-shot

I can maybe maybe maybe see a little kid looking like a skunk all in costume but NINE...that would have to be a world record skunk...how stupid are these people!?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I've drunk quite a little bit of vodka in Pennsylvania too, but I've never been armed and loaded.

Which surely must have been the case here.

One huge skunk. A 9 yesr old!
Nuts,plus who shoots skunks?
They stink!

Sheeesh!!! That should be an interesting topic of conversation at Halloween for generations!!!!! :D

he wasn't drinking? !!

drugs? mental illness? surely it wasn't just plain stupidity...

Yeah, I've drunk quite a little bit of vodka in Pennsylvania too, but I've never been armed and loaded.

Which surely must have been the case here.

Armed and loaded has to be right. I can't imagine mistaking a 9 yr old for a skunk.

I can maybe maybe maybe see a little kid looking like a skunk all in costume but NINE...that would have to be a world record skunk...how stupid are these people!?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was confused about this until I heard that the child had run to a hill and was peeking over it. I think her head gear was mistaken for a skunk. She must have been shot in the head, poor thing. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ken-for-skunk-shot-at-halloween-costume-party

According to our local news wpxi.com
I am sorry I have no idea how to copy & paste on this tablet.
That she had a white feather on her black cap.
It was a family only party about 30 people.
They had saw a skunk earlier that night.
Cousin shot her in the shoulder and abdomin area with a shot gun.

If he was sober he's even dumber than I thought. Who uses a gun like that when kids are around? I hope he's been charged with reckless endangerment. His behavior is atrocious.

According to our local news wpxi.com
I am sorry I have no idea how to copy & paste on this tablet.
That she had a white feather on her black cap.
It was a family only party about 30 people.
They had saw a skunk earlier that night.
Cousin shot her in the shoulder and abdomin area with a shot gun.

BBM

One would think that to get a shot at the abdomen she would have had to be standing up, or lying down. As cubby pointed out above, that would be a world record skunk. There's got to be more to this story.

Those wounds don't sound like a little girl peeking over a hill. JMO

This article claims he was sober. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/2...l-after-mistaking-her-for-a-skunk/?hpt=hp_bn1

Police will determine later Monday whether they will charge the shooter, whom they did not name. Nor did they say how he was related to the girl.

They did add, however, that the man had not been drinking....

Was the relative who shot her drinking? Seriously. That'd have to be one big skunk.

Hope she is feeling better!

Was the relative who shot her drinking? Seriously. That'd have to be one big skunk.

Hope she is feeling better!

That's the weird part. He was sober. It might have been another mind altering substance, but it wasn't alcohol. If this dude was stone cold sober then he should get the death penalty just for being such a dumb:butthead: Keep the genepool clean.

The fearless vanquisher of giant skunks got probation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-cousin-mistaking-skunk-escapes-jail.html

Mystery: No explanation was ever given by Thomas Grant as to why he thought his cousin was a skunk other than the fact she was dressed in a black and white costume for a Halloween party

What not to wear around this guy....
Black and white is out.

But if you're dressed in something brown there are tons of animals he could shoot you as and if you wear something colorful he might mistake you for target practice
images

The girl is recovering, thankfully.

One of the comments below the article:
When a skunk approaches your property, every second counts. It's a matter of life and death, do or die. You have to shoot the skunk before it shoots you. And there is definitely no time to stop and think about what you're about to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back