Yes:

ALERT STATUS: Alert
DATE OF ALERT: 1/27/05
TIME OF ALERT: 1:15pm

PAGE UPDATED: 01/27/05
BROADCAST SCRIPT:
* Read exactly as written

Download Script: http://www.amberalertindiana.com/getscript.php?id=
The Crothersville Police Department is investigating an abducted child from the corner of Preston and Oak, in Crotersville, IN. 15 miles southeast of Seymour, IN. Kaylyn Collman date of birth August 13, 1994, a white female, 10 years old, 4'6" tall and 120 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown hair. Katlyn Collman was last seen at 4:20 pm on January 25th at Crothersville Community School, Crotersville, IN. and is believed to be in extreme danger. Katlyn was wearing a red short sleeve shirt, black stretch pants with white stripes and a medium light blue winter jacket. Crothersville Police Department says Kaylyn Collman was likely abducted by an unknown suspect, description is a tall white male, 5'8" tall - 6'0", very skinny, 18 to 20 years old, short dark hair, fair complexion. Suspect vehicle is a white Ford F-150 pickup truck, truck year late 80's or early 90's which was last seen in the Crothersville area. If you have any information on Kaylyn Collman please contact Crothersville Police Department at 1-888-58AMBER.

Is her name Katlyn or Kaylyn????

She reminds me so much of my 11-year-old daughter. God, please lead LE to this child and let her be safe!!!!

englishleigh said:

She reminds me so much of my 11-year-old daughter. God, please lead LE to this child and let her be safe!!!!
I'd go with the Amber Alert's version, Kaylyn.

Please, God and Jesus, protect this child from harm, and let her be found safely, in Jesus' name, amen!

englishleigh said:

She reminds me of my 8 year old daughter! God what a horrible world we live in where sick individuals abduct these young, innocent children. It makes me want to scream! :mad:

I hope they find this child soon and find her safe.

Amber Alert Indiana finally made a correction, it IS Katlyn! Grrrrrr! :furious:

ALERT STATUS: Alert
DATE OF ALERT: 1/27/05
TIME OF ALERT: 1:15pm

PAGE UPDATED: 01/27/05
BROADCAST SCRIPT:
* Read exactly as written

Download Script: http://www.amberalertindiana.com/getscript.php?id=
The Crothersville Police Department is investigating an abducted child from the corner of Preston and Oak, in Crothersville, IN. 15 miles southeast of Seymour, IN. Katlyn Collman date of birth August 13, 1994, a white female, 10 years old, 4'6" tall and 120 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown hair. Katlyn Collman was last seen at 4:20 pm on January 25th at Crothersville Community School, Crothersville, IN. and is believed to be in extreme danger. Katlyn was wearing a red short sleeve shirt, black stretch pants with white stripes and a medium light blue winter jacket. Crothersville Police Department says Katlyn Collman was likely abducted by an unknown suspect, description is a tall white male, 5'8" tall - 6'0", very skinny, 18 to 20 years old, short dark hair, fair complexion. Suspect vehicle is a white Ford F-150 pickup truck, truck year late 80's or early 90's which was last seen in the Crothersville area. If you have any information on Katlyn Collman please contact Crothersville Police Department at 1-888-58AMBER.

Amber Alert

Prayers for this beautiful child, that she is found safely, and SOON.

With love and HOPE for Katlyn, Lanie

On my local news it said that they didn't issue an Amber Alert right away because the case didn't meet the requirements. They weren't positive that it was an abduction.

I don't understand this, she has been missing for two days. She is 10 years old. 10 year olds don't just leave school and run away. I wish they had issued the alert immediatley.

Lord please let Katlyn be returned home safely!

princessmer81 said:
On my local news it said that they didn't issue an Amber Alert right away because the case didn't meet the requirements. They weren't positive that it was an abduction.

I don't understand this, she has been missing for two days. She is 10 years old. 10 year olds don't just leave school and run away. I wish they had issued the alert immediatley.

Lord please let Katlyn be returned home safely!

I agree. LE sadly does not. The cut off age, where a child is considered a probable runaway is 10. TEN years old and your child is believed to have left of their own volition. I am not kidding you. There was a highly publicized case a while back where the child was 11, and the AA was not sounded until a video of her abduction surfaced, the next day.

I've said it before, the AA system needs some serious tweaking. There's got to be a way to make it more effective, and save more lives.

Time is the key. The first few minutes and hours are the most important in any search and rescue.

I don't want to get off the topic of praying for this child, so if anyone wants more info., pls. feel free to e-mail me at the addy in my signature.

Lord help bring this child home safe, and soon. Amen

With HOPE, Lanie

Unfortunately... in many alert systems, you need at least a partial plate number.

I guess the reasoning for the criteria is so that every runaway does not trigger the alert syster- and therefore does not cause a "cry wolf" syndrome. :twocents:

audrey77 said:
Unfortunately... in many alert systems, you need at least a partial plate number.

I guess the reasoning for the criteria is so that every runaway does not trigger the alert syster- and therefore does not cause a "cry wolf" syndrome. :twocents:

Indeed. As far as I know, runaways do not qualify for AA at all.

Who knows their child better than the parent? And TEN years old? When I heard that, I about dropped my jaw. Shocking. That is far too young to be considered a runaway, imo, ever. I'm sure it has happened, but not often....thank God.

LE needs to search for the child, immediately. Someone can interview parents and clear them, if need be, but there should not be a delay in the search while questions are being asked.

I don't have the solutions on how to tweak the AA system, but it is definitely needed. For the most part, the system has worked well, and a LOT of lives were undoubtedly saved because of prompt action by authorities and SAR.

Prayers for this beautiful child to be found SAFE, Lanie

WasBlind said:
I agree. LE sadly does not. The cut off age, where a child is considered a probable runaway is 10. TEN years old and your child is believed to have left of their own volition. I am not kidding you. There was a highly publicized case a while back where the child was 11, and the AA was not sounded until a video of her abduction surfaced, the next day.

I've said it before, the AA system needs some serious tweaking. There's got to be a way to make it more effective, and save more lives.

Time is the key. The first few minutes and hours are the most important in any search and rescue.

I don't want to get off the topic of praying for this child, so if anyone wants more info., pls. feel free to e-mail me at the addy in my signature.

Lord help bring this child home safe, and soon. Amen

With HOPE, Lanie

Unreal. I have a 10 year old son and there is no way he would even think about running away! There needs to be a change.

gardenmom said:
Unreal. I have a 10 year old son and there is no way he would even think about running away! There needs to be a change.

I think you know which case I was referring to, gardenmom. It's sad, and yes, something has to change in the perceptions LE develops about children who are reported missing, and the way they respond.

Blessings to you, Lanie

Oh no....now they are saying she was abducted from school??? At first it was the General Store???? I am curious who last saw her. I hate this....prayers they find this little girl safe.

Sassy

Police believe Katlyn Collman, 10, of Jackson County, was abducted Tuesday. Police said that after she left a Crothersville store on foot, someone saw her in a pickup truck about 4:20 p.m. outside Crothersville Community School, at the corner of Preston and Oak streets in Crothersville, about 15 miles southeast of Seymour.

Tips in searching the area adults should be looking for container area where the child may have been trapped into. Check bodies of water, drainage areas, streams, nearby rivers or ponds/tanks. Old ice boxes, freezers, storage containers, sheds, barns or warehouses.

List any strange cars or vehicles that have been in the area. Check "hideouts" where children may have made "clubs". Place posters in strategic areas where some one may have seen her on Tuesday. Convienence stores, ATMs, Stores etc. Check area for registered offenders in the area.

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6914

Prayers being said for Katlyn. They just referred to her on Fox News as "Katy". I guess that is her nickname. That info should be out there, too. She's so adorable, God, please let this child be found safe!! Prayers also for her parents. I just can't imagine. :(

Sassygerl said:
Police believe Katlyn Collman, 10, of Jackson County, was abducted Tuesday. Police said that after she left a Crothersville store on foot, someone saw her in a pickup truck about 4:20 p.m. outside Crothersville Community School, at the corner of Preston and Oak streets in Crothersville, about 15 miles southeast of Seymour.

Tips in searching the area adults should be looking for container area where the child may have been trapped into. Check bodies of water, drainage areas, streams, nearby rivers or ponds/tanks. Old ice boxes, freezers, storage containers, sheds, barns or warehouses.

List any strange cars or vehicles that have been in the area. Check "hideouts" where children may have made "clubs". Place posters in strategic areas where some one may have seen her on Tuesday. Convienence stores, ATMs, Stores etc. Check area for registered offenders in the area.

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6914
Sorry, I must have heard it wrong. I thought that on my local news they said that she was abducted from school. I am praying for this little girl and her family. I hope that she is safe and returned home soon.

I thought they described the suspect as tall and very skinny. The Sex Offender Registry has very tall and skinny (young) man registered. I'm sure they are checking into this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back