1219 users online (193 members and 1026 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UK and Eire Forum

Would it be possible to have a dedicated forum to crimes and missing people in the UK and Eire?

At the moment, they're spread across the forums and easy to miss, and sometimes things get posted twice.

There seems to have been a sudden influx of UK cases recently, especially with the Jimmy Saville scandal and the April Jones case, and I think this would make browsing the forums much easier.

I think this is an excellent idea which would increase participation, posts, and so on.

Splendid idea, any chance?
    England's dancing days are done...

Yes please

Those of you who are checking in, please post (as well as thank posts). Serves as a visual rally cry for Fluttershy's good idea.

Yes! Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCELLENT idea!

I think it's a great idea too

This is something I had wondered about previously. I had found this forum a few times over the years but hadn't joined because I thought it was for US based cases, and I was looking for something where UK cases could be discussed. Now as a member, I am better educated, but it would be good for others to see at a quick glance that UK and European cases are as welcome here as any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber34 View Post
    This is something I had wondered about previously. I had found this forum a few times over the years but hadn't joined because I thought it was for US based cases, and I was looking for something where UK cases could be discussed. Now as a member, I am better educated, but it would be good for others to see at a quick glance that UK and European cases are as welcome here as any other.
    Well-put, and strongly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Would it be possible to have a dedicated forum to crimes and missing people in the UK and Eire?

At the moment, they're spread across the forums and easy to miss, and sometimes things get posted twice.

There seems to have been a sudden influx of UK cases recently, especially with the Jimmy Saville scandal and the April Jones case, and I think this would make browsing the forums much easier.
    I think it's a brilliant idea.

Ooower, Websleuths International.......

Yes please. Excellent idea and I also think it would increase participation

Me too, I like commenting on all threads that interest me wherever they are, but would also love a UK and Eire forum for local cases.

Yes, the best thing about a UK/Eire forum is that it would be a place to check for threads which more than likely would interest one - a specific stopover along the way to browsing New Posts or other individual forums.

I've missed two or three UK-related threads lately, and I thought I'd looked closely to see if there were any.

Hi wfgodot, are you from the UK? Always wondered if you were or maybe just an Anglophile?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast