UK and Eire Forum

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Would it be possible to have a dedicated forum to crimes and missing people in the UK and Eire?

At the moment, they're spread across the forums and easy to miss, and sometimes things get posted twice.

There seems to have been a sudden influx of UK cases recently, especially with the Jimmy Saville scandal and the April Jones case, and I think this would make browsing the forums much easier.

I think this is an excellent idea which would increase participation, posts, and so on.

Those of you who are checking in, please post (as well as thank posts). Serves as a visual rally cry for Fluttershy's good idea.

This is something I had wondered about previously. I had found this forum a few times over the years but hadn't joined because I thought it was for US based cases, and I was looking for something where UK cases could be discussed. Now as a member, I am better educated, but it would be good for others to see at a quick glance that UK and European cases are as welcome here as any other.

This is something I had wondered about previously. I had found this forum a few times over the years but hadn't joined because I thought it was for US based cases, and I was looking for something where UK cases could be discussed. Now as a member, I am better educated, but it would be good for others to see at a quick glance that UK and European cases are as welcome here as any other.
Well-put, and strongly agree.

Would it be possible to have a dedicated forum to crimes and missing people in the UK and Eire?

At the moment, they're spread across the forums and easy to miss, and sometimes things get posted twice.

There seems to have been a sudden influx of UK cases recently, especially with the Jimmy Saville scandal and the April Jones case, and I think this would make browsing the forums much easier.

I think it's a brilliant idea.

Ooower, Websleuths International....... :please:

Yes please. Excellent idea and I also think it would increase participation

Me too, I like commenting on all threads that interest me wherever they are, but would also love a UK and Eire forum for local cases.

Yes, the best thing about a UK/Eire forum is that it would be a place to check for threads which more than likely would interest one - a specific stopover along the way to browsing New Posts or other individual forums.

I've missed two or three UK-related threads lately, and I thought I'd looked closely to see if there were any.

Hi wfgodot, are you from the UK? Always wondered if you were or maybe just an Anglophile?

Hi wfgodot, are you from the UK? Always wondered if you were or maybe just an Anglophile?
I have a couple degrees in British literature and thus can safely be classified as an anglophile. I particularly love UK crime tales - stretching back to, oh, the Ratcliffe Highway murders in 1811 (and beyond).

Earliest relative I traced was transported to the West Indies after having supported the ill-fated (and ridiculous) Monmouth Rebellion in 1685. (At least that early branch of my family tree wasn't broken - Judge Jeffries and his Bloody Assizes put many to death for that very thing.)

Not heard of the Ratcliffe Highway murders, think I better catch up on my history. I've always been interested in things like Jack the Ripper, the Yorkshire Ripper etc but never had anywhere to discuss crime (didnt think about it really) until I came here.

Not heard of the Ratcliffe Highway murders, think I better catch up on my history. I've always been interested in things like Jack the Ripper, the Yorkshire Ripper etc but never had anywhere to discuss crime (didnt think about it really) until I came here.
Here's the Wiki page. Interesting case. Ratcliff(e) Highway Murders.

Jack the Ripper was definitely the first English case to catch my eye - long, long ago!

And WS is a terrific place to discuss this stuff.

I too think this would be an excellent idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back