MI - New doubts raised about '70s child killings

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...iller-abduction/1643019/?morestories=obinsite

DETROIT -- Since the mid-1970s, the disturbing abduction murders of four Michigan children have been attributed to an unknown killer — but Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper isn't convinced all four cases are connected.

"We don't know if it was one killer or two, operating in tandem, or not," Cooper said recently in a wide-ranging interview about newly released documents obtained by the Detroit Free Press under the Freedom of Information Act. "We just don't know. It will be science that will solve these cases."

The documents reveal new details but also show that several other assumed facts of the cases aren't as they have been reported by investigators, the news media and family members for more than three decades.

More at link......

Thanks Reader.

The article says that the cases "are extraordinarily rare because the children were kept for days" but then that they "don't know if it was one killer". Those assertions don't add up to me.

Regarding any profiles concerned with gender preference, I think perhaps we could be dealing with a person who is more a sadist than a "traditional" pedophile. Brady and Hindley killed proximate pubescent children of both sexes like we have here but I think they are viewed much more as sadists than pedophiles.

I remember when these murders were happening and it was very scary. I have followed news of these cases over the years and there have been so many suspects and theories of who killed the children but yet the murders have never been solved. What happened with the more recent finding of hair in the car of a man that matched the hair found on the one boy, and belief that the boy had been in that car. The man owning the car had been known to loan it out to people. I think a lot of the investigation was botched in the beginning and evidence lost. I'd heard that the children's bodies had been cleaned and redressed in their neatly pressed clothes but I hadn't heard anything about the Phisohex soap.

Im a little confused is thier somewhere i can read up on this whole case or what they think is the case..Did they give these killings / Killer / Killers some kinda name like they do in most cases .

The Oakland County Child Killer/The Babysitter/The Snow Killer/The Detroit Child Killer

According to DNA tests conducted in 2012, samples of hair belonging to an unknown person, were found on the seat of Archibald “Ed” Sloan's 1966 Pontiac Bonneville and bodies of victims Mark Stebbins and Timothy King. The samples are one of the first piece of concrete evidence linking two of the murders.[21] The samples however exonerate most of the current suspects. DNA tests also confirmed that white hair from the same dog were found on all 4 victims linking the cases.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_County_Child_Killer

I remember when this case was on national TV news as it was ongoing. This didn't help unless it scared the killer into quiting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back