1500 users online (253 members and 1247 guests)  

Websleuths News

Whale 'learnt to mimic human speech'

October 23, 2012

LONDON - A mysterious voice telling divers to get out of the water at a marine life centre has been identified as that of a 15-year-old white whale.

Researchers at the National Marine Mammal Foundation in California had often heard the sound of people talking near the whale and dolphin enclosure, but had never managed to catch the culprits or get close enough to tell what they were saying.

Read more: http://www.todayonline.com/World/Qui...c-human-speech

[sound bit at link]

No luck on mine.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188616"]Noc could 'talk' to the manimals: wondrous white whale's story retold - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Maybe better luck here! It's a great story.

Sorry wfgodot, yours didnt come up

maybe i put the text in the body before the title??

i think i may have...

regardless, it's pretty incredible no!

I had to TEACH my dog to say Mama...

these incredible beings taught themselves!!

absolutely WILD!

i love it!
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Sorry wfgodot, yours didnt come up

maybe i put the text in the body before the title??

i think i may have...

regardless, it's pretty incredible no!

I had to TEACH my dog to say Mama...

these incredible beings taught themselves!!

absolutely WILD!

i love it!
    That's okay! I'm just surprised no one has read this and posted on it yet.

oh, thanx for this post... i love whales they are just so smart. i have many talking parrots and they sound just like that when they are "practicing" new words and word combinations... alot like babbling babies...but eventually they will just say it clear as day...it really is quite amazing.

Whale Wars The TV Show

If this has allready been said Iam Sorry..Im gonna put it out there right now that someone dies this year on that TV show Whale Wars with the boat called BoB Barker and the Steve Irwin a bunch of whale activists chasing down the Japaniese Whale Boat That Harpoons Whales and brings them aboard to cut up for actually im not sure why they say it's research but no one believes that .If anyone has seen the show IT's called WHALE WARS .. You will know what iam talking about They are allready a crazy bunch I mean I love the cause for sure but WOW some of the things they do allready is just down right crazy to try and get huge rope caught in the ships propellars or throwing some kind of acid stuff on the boat this year the main guy paul was actually SHOT luckily he was wearing a bullet proof vest but u get the idea its pretty crazy for 4 years now these too boats have done nothing but follow this japaniese boat to try and stop the Harpooning of the whales and im sayin that something deadly serious will happen this year once this video goes viral and the talk goes out that they feel the pain and well whatever else to try and get the public on thier side by saying thier more then just an Animal they talk now thier like us which will just make the people trying to stop it do even more crazy stunts so im predicting something fatal happening on the TV show WHALE WARS this season.......Holy sorry this was so long lol
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

To be honest CanManEh, I'm sick of ignorant, prejudiced people like you who constantly accuse animal protectionists of having weird, deranged, conspirational agendas.

It's ironic that people like you repeatedly accuse animal protectionists of "trying to get people on thier side" when society is vehemently and actively against animal welfare and anyone who supports it - so much that it's considered "normal" and anyone who disagrees is aggressively quashed. It's remarkable that such a miniscule minority of animal-protectionists are involved in direct action, considering that people constantly belittle, delegitimise and repress us.

You ought to learn that the phrase "just an animal" is utterly ridiculous - what do you think you are? A god? Did you know that some whale species have threefold more Purkinje cells than humans - only found in "higher" mammals and related to emotions? It's unbelievable the way that illogical anti-animal people such as your self think that other species are nothing more than mindless zoobots.

I shouldn't have to apologise for this post - I'm reacting to an ill-informed off-topic opinion.