1039 users online (204 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Raulie Casteel charged in 20+ serial highway shootings, Oct 2012

In 4 counties in Michigan, some close to us, there have been 20+ random shootings at cars on the expressway or main roads. One man was shot in the leg, one car had a tire shot out, and others had bullets lodged in their cars. The attacks happened on week days from Tuesday through Thursday. Police matched the bullets from some cars to the same gun. Some schools have been on lock down and the kids can't go out for recess. People are nervous about driving on the expressway. This has now made the national news and was on HLN tonight, I believe on the Jane Veldez-Mitchell show. It was on around 7 p.m. eastern time. I will put a link to an article about it but there are more news articles about it from the past week or so. The news was comparing this to the DC sniper.

http://www.wnem.com/story/19880819/s...shooting-spree

I'm not familiar with the area. Are the shootings all at cars on a highway/expressway? Or are they on a variety of roads? Wasn't there something similar to this in Columbus Ohio?
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

I believe all the shootings were on expressways, main Michigan highways, or main roads. It seems like there was a similar case in Ohio some time ago. I don't remember if they caught the person that was doing it though.

I hadn't heard of these shootings, thanks for the link. I posted the news article with the sketch of the suspect on my FB for my fellow Michiganders to check out and pass around. Hope they catch this guy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I believe all the shootings were on expressways, main Michigan highways, or main roads. It seems like there was a similar case in Ohio some time ago. I don't remember if they caught the person that was doing it though.
    They did indeed catch him. His name is Charles McCoy Jr. and he is serving 27 years.

This time bullet passed through car and hit victim in hip.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/pol...spree-17579679
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm not familiar with the area. Are the shootings all at cars on a highway/expressway? Or are they on a variety of roads? Wasn't there something similar to this in Columbus Ohio?
    At 1st I figured this was random hunters because of the proximity to wooded areas. The 1st shooting was along 2 lane busy roads.then onto the busy busy expressway. I live about 15 minutes away. We have had reports of duck hunters shots raining onto the elementary buses this week.(I have the email from our district) There are hunters parked along roads to walk in a hunt as there are a lot of woods here. My husband. I remark daily that someone is gonna get hit. But obviously LE has matching bullets to say these are connected and not hunters.
    Perp seems to be moving a little west but has stayed right in same general area.
    I really think me & my family are best to stay right inside my house.nice & cozy.have a fireplace,food...

The news today said there have now been at least 24 related shootings along the interstates in Michigan. And now a man was shot through the door of his car. The shootings are all in the same general area but are spread out to cover parts of 4 counties. I think the latest was on I-96. These are expressways we use often so its a bit scary to think that someone is shooting at random cars on the expressway. I hope they catch the person soon. I can't imagine what his motive would be.

I've seen 20, and I've seen 24. There was an incident in Flint, where some kids were shooting BB guns off an overpass and hit several cars. Some media outlets are still mistakenly including these in the total attributed to the Random Shooter. For posterity, let me state that the BB gun incidents were not related, however, they may have been sparked by the Random Shooter shootings.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Goodlein said authorities have indications the suspect or suspects were themselves in vehicles when they fired at other vehicles that were driving in the opposite direction. What would motivate them to do so, however, is a mystery.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/27/justic...html?hpt=us_c2

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    The news today said there have now been at least 24 related shootings along the interstates in Michigan. And now a man was shot through the door of his car. The shootings are all in the same general area but are spread out to cover parts of 4 counties. I think the latest was on I-96. These are expressways we use often so its a bit scary to think that someone is shooting at random cars on the expressway. I hope they catch the person soon. I can't imagine what his motive would be.
    Yea I'm freaking out a lil bit. It's hard to make a choice to drive my son to visit grandma. The roads he's been shooting are all in or on the way to my MIL. Do I take a chance this shooter is'nt liking my vehicle or that we are in the wrong place. I always figure every moment of life is a crap shoot anyway but putting myself and kids in the line of fire so to speak. IDK. Really I'm good being a shut in, haha if I did'nt get bored so easily..

just heard on fox2 that there was another shooting at 96 & 23. They closed down expressway. woman was'nt hit but vehicle was.
    So the guy is not opposed to being up and out early. I wonder if he's unemployed/laid off from job so he's used to early. Or if he drops a kid off at school. Yea I can't imagine starting my day thinking about driving the roads randomly shooting at vehicles. He has to be trying to NOT hit people. 25 shots and no one seriously injured.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    DH has altered his route to the office until the random shooter is caught.

Police investigate another suspected roadway shooting

Drivers fear safety after string of roadway shootings

Published On: Oct 29 2012 09:18:03 AM EDT Updated On: Oct 29 2012 10:49:57 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...6/-/index.html

October 29, 2012 at 10:47 am

Another random shooting being investigated in Livingston County

By Tony Briscoe
    The Detroit News

Michigan State Police are investigating another report of a shooting of a random vehicle near the I-96 corridor Monday morning.

According to Livingston County Sheriff Bob Bezotte, the incident occurred at about 9:15 a.m. on southbound U.S.-23 just north of I-96 in Livingston County.

There were no injuries to the motorist, Michigan State Police Brighton Post's Sgt. Steve Pascoe said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2AhVWOyRc
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 10-29-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: New developments

$12,000 reward offered according to clickondetroit:

A $12,000 reward is being offered as investigators from local and state police agencies work to catch a man suspected of firing shots on at least 22 cars in Michigan.
    Last edited by SieSie; 10-29-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edited to fix link
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19...-interstate-96

I saw a flash on tv screen that suspect is in custody but nothing eles. and it's not updated here so I'll say IMO. But the article above, they do have his vehicle on the side of the expressway so i imagine he was'nt to far. They also locked down Brighton schools but that has been lifted.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast