1236 users online (216 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MA - Karina Holmer, 20, Swedish nanny, Boston, 21 June 1996

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...still_stalled/

Has anyone heard anything new about this case?

Karina E. Holmer

Karina Holmer

These are the matches on yahoo, bensmom98.

Hope this helps, Lanie

Has there been any book(s) written on this case anyone know?

Does anyone know if there are desciptions of the two men in the gray mitsubishi she was with? I can not find anything searching the web...only one article even mentions it.
    Also, the Boston Police had a page with info on the case and now I can't find that anywhere. If anyone knows the link could you please post it for me.

An article about Karina on The Phoenix: http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/22...e=1#TOPCONTENT

The article notes another au pair from Boston, Sladjana Dobricic, went missing in September 2002 although the cases do not appear connected.
    Last edited by hmg; 12-03-2008 at 12:28 PM.

I lived in Boston during this crime and the immediate investigation. I had heard and always accepted an explanation that doesn't show up at all in these articles.... Of course, one hears all sorts of things, but I'd not questioned this particular story. With no claims as to its veracity, I tell it here.

Karina had been captured on camera behind the bar she left that night, talking to a man who was walking a large white dog. Later, that man was identified and investigated by police.... He was a "family man" from north of the city, as I recall. (NOT her employer, though.) Some time after that, he committed suicide. The presumption at the time was that he did it and so, sort of, case closed, as far as authorities were concerned.

Again: I have no reference or proof. This is simply what I heard at the time.

Oh, one more thing: I went to the bar site and to the dump site. No way could anyone NOT be filmed on security cameras in those spots. Also, the Fenway dumpster is visible from the highly-traveled turnpike through the city, as I recall. Pretty hard not to be seen there at any time of day or night. Brazen....

On edit: I see that a person who "suicided" IS mentioned in the links above. Perhaps that person (described there as being from the neighborhood [back bay]) and details about the employer have been conflated in the story I heard. Nothing about a dog though.... Anyone else seen or heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    On edit: I see that a person who "suicided" IS mentioned in the links above. Perhaps that person (described there as being from the neighborhood [back bay]) and details about the employer have been conflated in the story I heard. Nothing about a dog though.... Anyone else seen or heard this?
    "She also had a conversation with Herb Whitten, a 49-year-old man from Andover who would drive to the city on weekends with his Great Pyrenees, man and dog both wearing Superman T-shirts as a device to pick up women."

There's the dog and the mention of him being from the North Shore. His speeding ticket seems to alibi him though.

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    I lived in Boston during this crime and the immediate investigation. I had heard and always accepted an explanation that doesn't show up at all in these articles.... Of course, one hears all sorts of things, but I'd not questioned this particular story. With no claims as to its veracity, I tell it here.

Karina had been captured on camera behind the bar she left that night, talking to a man who was walking a large white dog. Later, that man was identified and investigated by police.... He was a "family man" from north of the city, as I recall. (NOT her employer, though.) Some time after that, he committed suicide. The presumption at the time was that he did it and so, sort of, case closed, as far as authorities were concerned.

I'm from the area, too, and remember it well. I had a different experience with theories though. My family was connected to the Dover police at the time, and I was always told the person the police felt strongest about was, in fact, the employer. I never heard why, but whenever it was mentioned, this was the story given.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-10-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    What a mystery. Today seems to be the day I stumble across interesting cases I have not heard of before.

Is it possible Karina did make it to the loft only to be met by the owner, her employer? Would she have walked the whole way or grabbed a cab? That may be why she doesn't show up on some security cameras. He, the employer, would have certainly had a lot of time and privacy. Surely LE investigated the apt. checked the bathtub with luminol for blodd, etc......right?

A few articles state the employers refused to talk to the media. Does anyone know if they were cooperative with the police or did they lawyer up quickly and shut down?
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/d...6/a03sr073.htm
    Also yesterday, Dover police said they were investigating a fire that occurred Monday night in a trash bin about 200 feet from the condominium where Mr. Rapp and his family live and Ms. Holmer worked.
    Dover Police Chief Joseph Griffin said the container was heavily damaged in the fire that was reported at about 9:20 p.m. He said police were examining some of the contents and would decide whether to contact Boston police.

Hmmmm - wonder what was in that container?
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/d...6/a03sr073.htm
    Also yesterday, Dover police said they were investigating a fire that occurred Monday night in a trash bin about 200 feet from the condominium where Mr. Rapp and his family live and Ms. Holmer worked.
    Dover Police Chief Joseph Griffin said the container was heavily damaged in the fire that was reported at about 9:20 p.m. He said police were examining some of the contents and would decide whether to contact Boston police.

Hmmmm - wonder what was in that container?
    Yes, that was one issue, and his alibi was considered hinky, too. There was a lot of suspicion, but no proof.

Does anyone know what the status is of this case?

Quote Originally Posted by laurette View Post
    Does anyone know what the status is of this case?
    I was curious about it too so I sent off an email to the BPD asking about it's official status. Will post their reply if and when I receive it.

Maz

I live very close to Dover and have always wondered about the employer Frank Rapp and his wife Susan Nichter. Susan's an artist and I recently found her website http://www.susannichter.com/ you've got to check out her art - it has very obvious references to Karina's murder. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by laurette View Post
    I live very close to Dover and have always wondered about the employer Frank Rapp and his wife Susan Nichter. Susan's an artist and I recently found her website http://www.susannichter.com/ you've got to check out her art - it has very obvious references to Karina's murder. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Laurel
    Wow! Some of her work is rather dark and disturbing. There were a few pieces that seemed to jump out at me.

Messenger
    Carried Across
    Whisper (I found this one quite scary)
    Getting what you want

I agree that there are references to Karina's murder. I don't know much about this case but have read an article that suggests that Christian Gerhartstreider could have been involved in the murder?

Have you read that and what do you think?

Maz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast