CA - Alina Bukhantsov, 23, & two toddlers murdered, Sacramento, 23 Oct 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=3&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L3_UNEWS

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A woman and her two toddler children were found dead in a violent and horrific scene that authorities said has shocked even veteran law enforcement.

The children, a 2-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl, and their mother, who was in her 20s, suffered "a lot of trauma," Sacramento County Sheriff's office spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said..................

The bodies were found Tuesday afternoon by the children's father when he returned to the home in Rancho Cordova, about 15 miles east of Sacramento. The man ran to a neighbor, who called police.

Ramos said officers found the "extremely distraught" man sitting in front of the house when they arrived. A 6 month-old infant was found crying inside a crib in the back of the house, authorities said..............

Authorities are canvassing the neighborhood and asking the public for help looking for the family's white 2005 Chrysler Town and Country minivan, which has the license plate number 6LFY276. Police say the vehicle was stolen from the home................

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Man-detained-in-Calif-slayings-of-mom-toddlers-3976342.php

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Police detained a man early Wednesday in the deaths of a woman and her two toddler children, whose bodies were found in a horrific scene that authorities said has shocked even veteran law enforcement.

The man was taken in for questioning around 2 a.m. at a Placer County Denny's restaurant after authorities spotted a white Chrysler minivan missing from the scene of the killings outside.

The man was believed to be in possession of the van, Sacramento County Sheriff's spokesman Jason Ramos said. He was being interviewed by homicide investigators."

Family member arrested in Calif. triple slaying

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA241ISO0@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

.............The department's spokesman, Sgt. Jason Ramos, said "something bad was brewing for some time" between the suspect and his extended family.

The suspect, Grigoriy Bukhantsov, was taken into custody early Wednesday morning and was being booked at Sacramento County Jail. Ramos said he was the only suspect in the Tuesday killing of the woman, her 2-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter.

More at link.....

How can these lives be snuffed out...just like that??

It's just not fair. It's just not right.
:(

This is horrible. I can't imagine how bad it was if they had to bring counselors in immediately to help the LE who went in...

When I thought it could not get worse...the Uncle?! The Daddy/Husband of the victims. This world is beyond a hand basket.

RR '12

RiverRat, the dad wasn't involved in the murder. Did I miss something?

As far as is reported, only the uncle/brother of father, is charged:

Relative linked to triple-murder had troubled ties

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA24EVB02@news.ap.org>&ps=1011&page=1

RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. (AP) — Investigators say a 19-year-old man accused of killing his sister-in-law and her two small children in an attack that stunned authorities in northern California for its brutality had a strained relationship with his family............

He was booked into the Sacramento County Jail without bail. Ramos said he was the only suspect. The father, who discovered the scene, is not a suspect. He was distraught and has been cooperating with authorities, police said.

Bukhantsov had been hopping between the homes of various relatives and "just didn't have a good relationship with family members, and there have been suggestions that something bad was brewing for some time," Ramos said.........

Records show Bukhantsov was on probation after spending about seven months in jail for felony burglary.

"But I don't think anybody, obviously, could have foreseen an act like this," he added.............

He said the manner of the attack was a stabbing, slashing or slicing, but he declined to say what kind of weapon was used or go into further detail pending a coroner's report. .................

The crime has rocked a large community of Slavic immigrants who came to the area in the 1990s after the breakup of the Soviet Union...........

There were signs of trouble a day before the slayings, said neighbor Alex Oropesa.

"They did have a family issue the day before," Oropesa said. "I just know that they had a lot of people over the day before dealing with issues."

More at link.....

I happened to be working in this area, just two streets away, early yesterday morning before they found the suspect.. so I decided to drive by.. the street was blocked off probably about 75 yards from the home and all the local news vans/reporters were on scene for the top morning story. I don't have much to add other than it was an eerie sight. My heart goes out to that family.

The last update I could find is from February 2016.

Man will stand trial in 2012 triple slaying, though competency questioned

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article59926861.html

One by one, deputies and detectives at the daylong court hearing described a grisly scene of blood and horror inside the Bukhantsovs’ Rancho Cordova duplex as the man facing a death sentence in the killings sat at the counsel table between his attorneys, face down in his spittle, seemingly drifting in and out of consciousness.

Grigoriy Bukhantsov, 22, will stand trial in the October 2012 slayings of his sister-in-law and two of her children, a Sacramento judge ruled Thursday at a preliminary hearing held over the objections of attorneys concerned about Bukhantsov’s mental state.

Bukhantsov’s mental state has been a point of contention throughout his proceedings. A Sacramento Superior Court jury in August found the triple-murder defendant mentally competent to stand trial.

Man pleads guilty to first-degree murder in slaying of 3 relatives

http://www.sacbee.com/news/article207045529.html

Grigoriy Bukhantsov will spend the rest of his life in state prison in the brutal October 2012 knife slayings of his sister-in-law and two of her three young children in their Rancho Cordova home, but will be spared the death chamber in a deal finalized Tuesday in a Sacramento courtroom.

Bukhantsov pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder, allegations of committing multiple murders and of using a knife to commit them. He also pleaded guilty to a single count of committing rape by instrument – an act against his young niece as he killed her.

Sentencing is currently scheduled for April 27th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back