Identified! VA - Newport News, BlkMale UP10682, 35-55, Sep'12 - Michael Ruff

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score
Yeah we need a new thread -- Newport News is about 200 miles south of where that 6th body was found (which was in Manassas, near Washington DC).

New case to start working! Yay!

I know it probably doesn't mean anything..but in the Missing forum, the first 3 or 4 pages there are a LOT of people missing from VA. There is also a 17 yr old black teenager missing from Manassas.VA VA - Jerald Joseph Clement, 17, Manassas, 01 Oct 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I checked and all these kids, except the one in Virginia Beach are all within 40 minutes of each other. Just thought I would throw it out there. Seems to be so many missing from VA.:banghead:

It might just mean that Virginia is better about reporting cases and making them public. It's almost impossible to find out anything about anybody in Massachusetts.

There have also been a few teens missing from MD (Rockville area I believe). One was found to be a runaway and one was just reported about two days ago int he news has been missing since August - they are all around 17.

NamUs UP # 10682

Warning: Postmortem Photo at Link
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10682

Unidentified Black Male

Found on September 29, 2012 on the 1300 block 16th Street - Newport News VA.

Physical Description

* Estimated age 35 to 55 years
* Weight (pounds) 148, Measured
* Height (inches) 64 (5'4"), Measured
* Hair Black - Short with graying around the temples; receding headline.
* Facial Hair Black, with graying hair, mustache. Beard was stubble
* Eyes: Brown
* Scars and marks Two superficial linear scars over the right costal margin.​

Clothing and Accessories :
* Clothing on body Green pullover shirt; Black pants with tan braided belt, gold tone buckle; Greenish colored socks​

Condition:
* Body condition: Recognizable face
* Estimated postmortem interval 2 Days​

Circumstances of death
Decedent was found floating in the saltwater basin at the Peterson Yacht Basin. He had no identification on him. His condition indicates he may have been homeless.​

Identifiers
* Fingerprints Available from OCME and/or Newport News Police Department.
* Dentals: Available
Dental Comments
#2-caries to gingiva
#7-slight palatal displacement
#9-facial displacement
#10-palatal displacement
#15-caries to gingiva on palatal side
#17-deep mesial impaction
#18-caries to gingiva
#19-DO amalgam (distal portion missing), O amalgam
#20-slightly depressed
#21-slight lingual displacement
#25-facial displacement
#28-depressed and facial displacement
#29-slight lingual displacement
#30-O amalgam, supraerupted
#31-lingual displacement
#32-caries to gingiva
* DNA Sample available - Not yet submitted​

That news report has his height at 5'10?

I wonder why they think he was homeless. If he was, it seemed like he was trying to take care of himself since he was kinda shaved and he was maintaining a moustache. Plus the socks matching the shirt? He obviously cared about his appearance. Most of the homeless people around here seem to have beards and wear clothes that are mis-mosh.

Well, I have been looking at the "black and missing" site and there are about 10 men with moustaches/facial hair between 5'3 and 5'6 from the east coast in the approx age range.
Unfortunately, with the pictures we have access to, there is really no other way to narrow it down.

Just in case anyone else wants to work with this a bit (or I come back to it) here are the top contenders I came up with tonight.
http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/cdad/index.cfm?MissingInfoID=531
http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/cdad/index.cfm?MissingInfoID=173

And closest height:
http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/cdad/index.cfm?MissingInfoID=41

Some of the ages are bit off. I still want to poke around on some other databases.

Jimmy Lewis Williams III has tattoos, and our UID doesn't so that's an easy rule out. To me he looks most like Allen Lonnie Regusters.

The only thing that made me hesitate on this one: he didn't pick up his last paycheck. Yes, I know it happens- but from my own personal world there is no way in heck I would not pick up a paycheck :)

But also: he has a visible gray patch on his head and that picture was pre-disappearance; before 2000. So I would assume his head would be full gray now? IDK how graying normally progresses (yet).

I quickly checked NamUs last night and there are a lot more people within parameters over there. I am going to make a list next time I get a spare 30 min or so.

A composite image:
https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/20538

he following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Dion Akemon 1973 Ohio
Johnny Babino 1976 Louisiana
Stanley Chandler 1966 Washington
Andrew Hargrove 1976 Michigan
Michael Mayes 1965 Michigan
Oscar Nedd 1951 New York
David Williams 1962 New Jersey
Jimmy Williams III 1954 Virginia
Andrew Willis 1955 California
Jason Wilson 1977 Tennessee
John Winston, Jr. 1966 Louisiana

http://www.wavy.com/news/local/newport-news/nnpd-releases-sketch-of-drowning-victim

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) - Newport News Police are making new efforts to identify a drowning victim found at Peterson's Yacht Basin on 16th Street last year.

The man's body was found in September 2012 when Kayakers noticed it next to a marshy area in Peterson's Yacht Basin, according to Lou Thurston with the NNPD. Police said there were no visible signs of foul play; the Medical Examiner's office in Norfolk determined the cause of death was drowning.

However, the man has never been identified. Now, the FBI has created a new sketch depicting what the man might have looked like before his death. Investigators are asking for the public's help in identifying the man so they can locate his family.

"We don't have a name, we don't have a family," said Thurston. "Is there somebody somewhere who doesn't know where their loved one is and something happened to them?"

He is described as being a black male in his 40s or 50s, 5' 8" to 5' 10" with a slender build and a mustache. He was found wearing a yellow Nike shirt and black pants with a gold belt. He was not wearing shoes, according to police.

"It's important for us to be able to bring some closure and get this person back to his family so everything can be done in the proper way," Thurston said.

Anyone who has information regarding the man's identity is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

k9z2xd.jpg

Great news!!!! RIP dear Michael, may your family have peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back