1428 users online (297 members and 1131 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Hurricane Sandy updates

Weather forecasters are keeping their eye on Hurricane Sandy, which could potentially affect residents from Florida to northern New England.

Although the forecasters caution that the computer models are still divided over the future path of the storm, in a worst-case scenario the US will get hit with a storm that will be bring back memories of the “perfect storm” that hammered the US in Halloween 1991.

“The weather system could have some similarities to the perfect storm,” says Paul Walker, senior meteorologist at AccuWeather.com in State College, Pa. “I’m not quite sure if it will be that bad.”

http://news.yahoo.com/halloween-scar...170646481.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Albany Weather Fight Next Week: Watch for Sandy's Hook
    October 24, 2012

snipped...Such a left hook could not only bring the fight to the backyard, but could deliver a knockout blow.

Read more: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weathe...xt-week/586563

Please, NO!...keep it offshore........

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

It's looking worse than it did yesterday

WASHINGTON (AP) — Much of the U.S. East Coast has a good chance of getting blasted by gale-force winds, flooding, heavy rain and maybe even snow early next week by an unusual hybrid of hurricane and winter storm, federal and private forecasters say.

Though still projecting several days ahead of Halloween week, the computer models are spooking meteorologists. Government scientists said Wednesday the storm has a 70 percent chance of smacking the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.

The forecasts keep getting gloomier and more convincing with every day, several experts said.

http://news.yahoo.com/hybrid-sandy-w...064040714.html

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

That little "knuckle" on the central east coast of Florida is about 15 minutes from my house. Of course, today and tomorrow hubby took two of his vacation days so we could try to get our boat out and do some fishing (we haven't been out all year Doesn't look good at 15-25 mph winds! Lol, this hasn't been my year!
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...daynl#contents

HS now is up to 105mph sustained winds but looks to me to be going little further off the coast of Fl., acc. to NOAA, but I'd still be careful going out on a boat! Now the plot shows it going further NE, then crooking back toward land further northward, possibly Mass., Conn......yikes....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    That little "knuckle" on the central east coast of Florida is about 15 minutes from my house. Of course, today and tomorrow hubby took two of his vacation days so we could try to get our boat out and do some fishing (we haven't been out all year Doesn't look good at 15-25 mph winds! Lol, this hasn't been my year!
    That little knuckle is where we live! I'm sorry the weather has turned on you. Maybe fish in a canal out of the wind somewhere?
    There is Good Grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Please, NO!...keep it offshore........

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaTwinn View Post
    That little knuckle is where we live! I'm sorry the weather has turned on you. Maybe fish in a canal out of the wind somewhere?
    Wow, so we are practically neighbors! I live just off 46. We were heading to Mosquito Lagoon. I think we'll get rained on if we try.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Sandy slams Cuba; 'high impact' likely in US Northeast

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49546844/ns/weather/

Hurricane Sandy grew into a major potential threat to the Northeast on Thursday after hammering Cuba's second-largest city and taking aim at the Bahamas.................

The storm has a 90 percent chance of smacking the Northeast and mid-Atlantic early next week with gale-force winds, flooding, heavy rain and maybe even snow, forecasters said Thursday.............

Latest from NOAA

WASHINGTON (AP) — An unusual nasty mix of a hurricane and a winter storm that forecasters are now calling "Frankenstorm" is likely to blast most of the East Coast next week, focusing the worst of its weather mayhem around New York City and New Jersey.

Government forecasters on Thursday upped the odds of a major weather mess, now saying there's a 90 percent chance that the East will get steady gale-force winds, heavy rain, flooding and maybe snow starting Sunday and stretching past Halloween on Wednesday.

Meteorologists say it is likely to cause $1 billion in damage.

http://news.yahoo.com/noaa-east-bewa...171317994.html

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Southeast FL here.....yes, very blustery! Tomorrow should be worse.
    Peeps in the Northeast, get yourself ready.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

The wind event has just started here, we are abt an hour north of Palm Beach. I was just outside, the wind is roaring through the woods across the street. Nothing seems to be blowing around yet, but it sounds fierce. Now I can hear the rain.

I will be watching this thread very closely...Mom lives in New Jersey, and, like with Irene last year, will probably refuse to leave. I don't know what I should do. Again I'm thinking maybe I should just go out there and sit with her through the storm...but she'd be pissed if I did that.

So I just don't know. I HATE having her so far away. It bugs me...a lot. But she won't move out here, and I probably won't move out there. So I'm left dealing with this stuff long distance.

Sigh.

I'll be watching...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    I will be watching this thread very closely...Mom lives in New Jersey, and, like with Irene last year, will probably refuse to leave. I don't know what I should do. Again I'm thinking maybe I should just go out there and sit with her through the storm...but she'd be pissed if I did that.

So I just don't know. I HATE having her so far away. It bugs me...a lot. But she won't move out here, and I probably won't move out there. So I'm left dealing with this stuff long distance.

Sigh.

I'll be watching...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    Your mom is an adult who will make her own stubborn decisions. I have family members who are the same way. They are going to do what THEY want to do, no matter what. So, we just have to respect and accept that as best we can. I pray that she and everyone in the path of this storm, and the confluence of weather systems, be safe, in Jesus' Holy Name, amen!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast