1095 users online (275 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LA - Jeffrey Reynolds cut fetus from wife's womb, baby died, Walker, 23 Oct 2012

http://theadvocate.com/home/4225069-...bbed-in-walker

Pregnant woman stabbed; fetus killed

Show caption BY Bob Anderson
    Florida Parishes bureau
    October 23, 2012

4 Comments

WALKER — Deputies arrested a man after he allegedly cut a fetus from his 28-year-old pregnant wife’s abdomen, Livingston Parish authorities confirmed Tuesday afternoon.
    The unborn child died, but hospital personnel stabilized the woman’s condition, Sheriff Jason Ard said.
    Neighbor Julie Collins, who is an emergency room nurse, said she and paramedics aided the woman at the scene, where she heard the victim’s husband say he had ingested bath salts.
    Bath salts a type of synthetic drugs banned a year ago by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
    The effects of bath salts on users may resemble those of LSD, cocaine and methamphetamines, according to reports.
    Ard said that while using bath salts may cause erratic behavior, drug testing would have to determine what might have been in the system of suspect Jeffery Reynolds when he attacked his pregnant wife.
    Collins said Reynolds is normally a nice man, but he was “howling like a wolf,” after law enforcement officers restrained him.
    She said the fetus appeared to have been stabbed in the head.

More at link.

This is so upsetting ..My heart is sad..
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

Beyond horrible!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Very sad . Looks like the mother tried defending herself and the baby he has marks on the forhead and a blackeye.

aww this is terrible! Prayers for her family and friends.

The rapid rise of bath-salt related horrors are troublesome indeed. A precious baby lost :-(

My heart aches. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this little angel. RIP little one.

Seriously, if anyone I know ever gets into that stuff, I will have no further contact with them. You never know what they'll do, but it's always bad!
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by laura08 View Post
    Very sad . Looks like the mother tried defending herself and the baby he has marks on the forhead and a blackeye.
    Police had to subdue him. So he probably has his black eye courtesy to them.
    Just my opinion

Heartbreaking especially all Mrs. Reynolds worried about is who would pick her 6 year old up at the bus stop.

Updated here

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Husb...175665151.html

This poor lady was 7 months pregnant and her own husband is howling and cutting his own child from her womb.

Praying hard for Paula, and her son. RIP sweet baby.

Looking to see how Mrs. Reynold's is doing I find this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fetus accidently cremated before autopsy could be done.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/fetus-in-cr...enly-cremated/

Are you seriously for real?

They cremated the fetus before autopsy?
    Any chances of charging this guy with murder are now gone!
    If fetus was able to breathe on his own, this guy could have been charged with murder.
    It's outrageous.
    Just my opinion

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    What a horrible, horrible thing. Thank goodness the older child was at school. Who knows what the guy might have done to him as well.

Praying mom pulls through okay.
    “I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    They cremated the fetus before autopsy?
    Any chances of charging this guy with murder are now gone!
    If fetus was able to breathe on his own, this guy could have been charged with murder.
    It's outrageous.
    This is the most lame thing thing I have ever heard ....I hope the person who did this loses their job ..
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

There's still a chance that somebody can testify to hearing the child cry.

The research I've done on this drug and its effects is -- well, terrifying.

This is not a 'recreational' drug. Manufacturing this is something akin to terrorism. The implications for the future are frightening, considering this drug is untraceable, results in violent psychoses, is cheap and highly addictive.

Makes me wonder how many violent, senseless crimes are the result of people using it. One article I read said the only way you can prove somebody took this drug is if they admit to it, as its such a cocktail of chemicals.

ETA: Oh - and it's LEGAL in some places. LEGAL. Think about that. People can legally buy and make this stuff.

from the article linked below (WARNING: the video link on that article is incredibly graphic, and depicts a recent attack made by a person on this drug, where he chewed off another man's face.. )

Article on 'bath salts'.

The drug remains legal in some states, although many others have taken steps to ban the substances.

But sometimes, when one chemical used in bath salts is banned, another chemical is substituted to skirt the law, said attorney Alex Manning.

"People are making this stuff out of household products, stuff that's in their kitchens," she said.

It can take "five or six grown men" to restrain a bath salts user, she said. "It's PCP on crack."
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 10-28-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast