1241 users online (212 members and 1029 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 790
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    If GB4 and Manorville are two separate killers, which many believe to be the case, then he is definitely not to young to be the responsible party (GB4 2007-2010). Then consider AC4 (2006) and he would have been 22. Isn't that right about the average age for serial killers to begin their career of killing?
    while most of the "fantasy stage" begins in the early to late teens, continuing into the early twenties, MOST sk's begin killing in their late twenties, around 28

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Jeffery Dahmer started at 17. There are exceptions to the rule. Good point Just K
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem Snide View Post
    According to many books on serial killers that I've read, there are a lot of them who had aspirations to become a cop and for one reason or another were -thankfully- found unfit. You just wonder how many of those types of people have made it through the screening process.
    Probably more of them than I once would have thought.

    I'm reading an interesting book called The Wisdom of Psychopaths. (Never mind the sensationalistic title.) One of the book's theories is that high-functioning psychopaths/sociopaths are naturally attracted to intense jobs like law enforcement and tend to excel there. These would be people like Jeremy Renner's character from The Hurt Locker, people notably short on empathy but not murderers. It would be easy for an actual bad guy to blend in to a crowd like that.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    a bad girl state
    Posts
    547
    http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/p...tguid=mLvo8GE2

    I posted this on the jane doe thread by mistake. the article discusses teenage sks who dismember.
    "Emotions have taught mankind to reason."
    Vauvenargues, Marquis De

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem Snide View Post
    According to many books on serial killers that I've read, there are a lot of them who had aspirations to become a cop and for one reason or another were -thankfully- found unfit. You just wonder how many of those types of people have made it through the screening process.



    too many to think about--insane how they do get through the psych eval

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    e
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Spade View Post
    http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/p...tguid=mLvo8GE2

    I posted this on the jane doe thread by mistake. the article discusses teenage sks who dismember.
    Thanks SS! This article was informative. It also answered a question I wondered about on another thread. How many serial killers out there dismember there victims. The article say just over a dozen (I assume that means 13?) out of 200 convicted SKs I wonder however what the chances are of having more than two in the same area. There was Robert Shulman and didn't Joel Rifken also dismember? That's at least two new york. Maybe those dismembered bodies do belong to them. It's just incomprehensible to think there's more. I just hate to think there is.
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 10-29-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Thanks SS! This article was informative. It also answer I question I wondered about on another thread. How many serial killers out there dismember there victims. The article say just over a dozen (I assume that means 13?) out of 200 convicted SKs I wonder however what the chances are of having more than two in the same area. There was Robert Shulman and didn't Joel Rifken also dismember? That's at least two new york. Maybe those dismembered bodies do belong to them. It's just incomprehensible to think there's more. I just hate to think there is.

    yes, thanks SS-I am with ya, Justice--hate to think how many more there are-especially in one area-i think i read rifkin/shulman were mere miles apart ( i think it was them)--anyway, it's insane how the LI area seems to be generating sk's, especially of the dismembering variety---especially if manorville isn't related to rifkin or shulman(probably aren't- they seem to be just before manorville/other unidentified remains, although shulman is close to the timeline and questions remain about a few of rifkins unfound victims)--that means at LEAST one more dismembering sk from the area!! YIKES!!-the odds/percentages of that must be astronomical!!!--wtf is in the water there??!--maybe the dense population has something to do with it?--too many people crammed in small areas?---sk's make u think of how "civilized" our supposed civilized society really isn't---as for the teenage sk thing, whatever happened to teens just being caught smoking, doing good old fashioned graffiti or general mischief?!--again, just points to where society is/has headed ;(

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    While I know this is not "our" guy. I still wonder if he has ties. Update on this sicko!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2025309.html

    Can you Imagine what his wife is going through? How do you explain to the kids? I left your daddy because he has fantasies of being a rapist/kidnapper/cannibal! Thank God they got this guy off the street before his sick fantasies morphed into reality! SMDH!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    265
    I started a new case thread on the .22 Caliber Killer in Brooklyn. I never started a thread let alone a case thread so hope I did it right. So many talented, dedicated and seasoned posters here would love to see you over there as well. Can't say I always agree with you all but I can't really think of one current poster who isn't here for all the right reasons.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191178"]NY .22 Caliber Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,688

    The fbi - the world's greatest cops..

    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    While I know this is not "our" guy. I still wonder if he has ties. Update on this sicko!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2025309.html

    Can you Imagine what his wife is going through? How do you explain to the kids? I left your daddy because he has fantasies of being a rapist/kidnapper/cannibal! Thank God they got this guy off the street before his sick fantasies morphed into reality! SMDH!
    They are so quick to jump in when it is a NYC cop. The cop should have gone under a cover name............maybe Madoff......lol.

    If you read the story I told you about the gal that went to them and told them she saw her boyfriend burying a body in the backyard and they laughed her out of the place.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,531
    The sister of a dead girl walked inton a police station and told them that her sisters death was not a suicide. She informed them that someone admitted to her the crime and she was told that she was imaginning things and to go home and get on with her life

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,358
    I have heard about this guy. He has been on the cover of the newspaper alot....well his skecth has. In the Daily News this morning they have 4 witnesses to his last murder they are trying ot track down.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by LINative13 View Post
    I have heard about this guy. He has been on the cover of the newspaper alot....well his skecth has. In the Daily News this morning they have 4 witnesses to his last murder they are trying ot track down.
    Hope they catch this guy soon ... he sounds like a real nutcase.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldnotes View Post
    I started a new case thread on the .22 Caliber Killer in Brooklyn. I never started a thread let alone a case thread so hope I did it right. So many talented, dedicated and seasoned posters here would love to see you over there as well. Can't say I always agree with you all but I can't really think of one current poster who isn't here for all the right reasons.

    NY .22 Caliber Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community


    Iv put together a short summary of the 3 murders.

    In my opinion there is a physical resemblance of the 3 victims.



    And FYI, accordning to police, the sketch of the black man is NO LONGER valid.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    265

    Fantastic!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Iv put together a short summary of the 3 murders.

    In my opinion there is a physical resemblance of the 3 victims.



    And FYI, accordning to police, the sketch of the black man is NO LONGER valid.
    Wow great point!!! I saw you posted that over there too. U guys are the best!! Someday we gotta all meet for drinks or do a murder mystery dinner!!!!!

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1897
    Last Post: 11-17-2017, 03:22 PM
  2. Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case
    By Theforeigner in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 1756
    Last Post: 11-07-2017, 06:23 PM
  3. Replies: 190
    Last Post: 11-24-2015, 12:17 PM