GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x255959284/Missing-Machesney-womans-purse-cell-phone-found

By Jeff Kolkey and Chris Green
RRSTAR.COM
Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
Last update Oct 26, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Missing Machesney woman's purse, cell phone found

g12c000000000000000ba27f1a9cd6109aaec1e4c42fd21ff95b292c0a1.jpg

Police have released more details in the case of missing 30-year-old Machesney Park resident Katrina A. Smith.

Smith was reported missing Tuesday, Oct. 23, by her husband. She was last seen at around 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 22, leaving her Machesney Park residence to run an errand.

Smith’s vehicle was found abandoned at Obispo and Ventura in Machesney Park at approximately 7:50 p.m., Oct. 23. Neighbors reported seeing the vehicle parked at that location earlier in the day, unoccupied.

Smith’s purse was recovered Wednesday, Oct. 24, a short distance from where the vehicle was located. During a search conducted by family and friends on Oct. 26, papers towels were recovered with a substance believed to be blood on them. These items were recovered in a field between Obispo and Ralston Road. Tests will need to be conducted to determine whether the blood belongs to Smith. Her cell phone was recovered in the 700 block of Ralston Thursday, Oct. 25

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/2...g-30-year-old-machesney-park-woman-continues/
An extensive search was conducted in the area where Smith’s car was found and family and friends of Smith also have been conducting serches.
Smith is married and her residence is on Tetterhall Lane in Machesney Park, however, she recently has been staying in Roscoe. She worked at Camryn Company in Belvidere, Ill., where she was employed in the human resource department.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the sheriff’s department at 815-319-6400 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news...cle_2ff14532-1fa0-11e2-b4d1-0019bb2963f4.html
508adf72ab9c6.preview-300.jpg

ROSCOE — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a 30-year-old woman missing since Monday night.

Katrina A. Smith of Machesney Park was last seen by her husband when she left their home to run an errand. The woman hasn’t been seen since.

The woman was reported missing by her husband Tuesday night at the Roscoe Police Department.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255958491/Police-seek-help-in-finding-missing-Roscoe-woman

Search Crew Finds "Blood Soaked" Paper Towels in Search For Katrina Smith

[FONT=&quot]Family, friends and neighbors spent the night searching Schoonmaker Park, which is located not far from where police found Smith's car.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Smith's sister Miraynda Castro just wants to see Katrina home again, "Katrina, sissy, if you're out there please come home. We just love you and miss you. We just want to see you and hear your voice. I'm here waiting for you."[/FONT]

http://mystateline.com/fulltext?nxd_id=360562

IMO Went to run an errand at 9pm when she was living in Rosco?! YEAH RIGHT!!! MOO

I was looking, but didn't see anything about wanting volunteers?! I live close enough to go and would love to help! If anyone finds info, let me know please!

i see that this is just outside of rockford, ill. which the last time i was there had some pretty rough areas. i dont know much about machesney park tho, but i hope they are looking in wisconsin too as its pretty close to there too.

what kind of errand was she running at 9 pm? that seems odd, but it sounds like it really could be a carjack with the purse stolen...but is it common to kill the owner of the car rather than just throw them out? i usually see that and sometimes the carjacker is in such a hurry that they take off with kids/babies in carseats... moo

Glad to have a local posting, thank you SM83. Look at the FB Missing page, maybe they are organizing searches there?

IMO Went to run an errand at 9pm when she was living in Rosco?! YEAH RIGHT!!! MOO

I was looking, but didn't see anything about wanting volunteers?! I live close enough to go and would love to help! If anyone finds info, let me know please!

im south a bit but i could help tomorrow...

Yes, I'm quoting myself lol

10am Schoonmaker Park if anyone else was interested. I couldn't access the FB page, now I can :)

is anyone mapping yet? i the basics but i dont know how to post it without blowing the margins... :(

ive got the scanner going... its winnebago county... will start a thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy