Stripper Wins Damages After Tiger Attack

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[size=-1] A stripper mauled by a tiger in an Ontario safari park has won $650,000 in damages because her scars meant she could no longer work, Canadian media said on Friday. [/size]

[size=-1] Jennifer-Anne Cowles was driving through the park nearly nine years ago with her then boyfriend when a tiger jumped into their car and tried to drag them away. The two insisted their windows had been shut when the tiger charged, although the park had challenged that. [/size]

[size=-1] The judge accepted the couple's testimony that the power windows had been inadvertently lowered when one of the big cats bumped against the car, frightening them. [/size]

[size=-1]In a ruling delivered on Thursday and reported in a number of Canadian newspapers, Justice Jean MacFarland said she could only imagine the "stark terror experienced by these young people during this horrendous event." [/size]

[size=-1] She awarded Cowles some $650,000 in damages, almost half of it to compensate for income she would have made as a stripper. [/size]

[size=-1] Her musician boyfriend, David Balac, won C$1.7 million, because his injuries left him unable to work as an accordion player. [/size]

[size=-1]African Lion Safari, near Hamilton, Ontario, west of Toronto, said it is reviewing the ruling, but it insisted the park was safe.[/size][size=-1]

[/size] [size=-1]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&c
[/size]

This only goes to show that lawsuit frenzy in Canada must be similar to here in the US.

vicktor said:
This only goes to show that lawsuit frenzy in Canada must be similar to here in the US.
I haven't sued anyone..... recently

For some reason, I'm having trouble picturing a stripper dating and accordian player.

There is a conept called contributory negligence.

That means if you contribute to your own negligence, your award is reduced.

I put money there will be an appeal in this case.

Also an assumption of risk too, if you go into a lion safari, well guess what you just may become injured. Same with horseback riding also.

Ike said:
For some reason, I'm having trouble picturing a stripper dating and accordian player.

LOl...it does seem an unlikely match. Maybe she stripped to polka music.

Ike said:

As large as a tiger is, I can't imagine it jumping into a car thru the window. :confused:

Wonder if the judge made the stripper "show him her scars" to make sure she couldn't strip anymore? :eek:

Mabel said:
LOl...it does seem an unlikely match. Maybe she stripped to polka music.

Mabel, where in the world did you find that pic? It is hilarious!! :p Although my 20 year old daughter thought it was gross! :slap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back