764 users online (99 members and 665 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1220
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124

    CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22


    http://www.9news.com/news/article/29...stminster-girl

    case map:
    http://goo.gl/maps/DIhBs

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187312"]timeline and media no discussion thread[/ame]


    Jessica's memorial thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187561"]Found Deceased CO - Memorial Thread for Jessica Ridgeway - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186952"]thread #1[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8433249#post8433249"]thread #2[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8437795#post8437795"]thread #3[/ame] thread #4 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187393"]thread #5[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187444"]thread #6[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187518"]thread #7[/ame] thread #8 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187725"]thread #9[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187810"]thread #10[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187916"] thread #11[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8472940#post8472940"]thread #12[/ame] thread #13 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188369"]thread #14[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188477"]thread #15[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188573"]thread #16[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188708"]thread #17[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188873"]Thread #18[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188976"]Thread #19[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189036"]Thread #20 [/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189163"]Thread #21[/ame]




    New9 Live feed: http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

    Denver Live feed: http://denver.cbslocal.com/live-video/

    KCTV 5 Live Feed http://www.kctv5.com/story/19903905/...ssica-ridgeway

    (Thank you Knox!!!!)
    Amandareckonwith's case archive

    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    rules on RSOs
    New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

    Here is the thread on RSOs.

    You can link to RSOs in the area. You cannot sleuth them other than what is listed on this thread. If you have a question about a particular case and a particular RSO and what can and cannot be posted in depth you can post your question for administration on this thread.


    ((please note: questioning of what can and cannot be posted and moderation questions should not be placed on the general discussion thread. I hope that helps. If anyone has a further question please pm a moderator or administrator.))
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Continue the discussion here:

    The Latest:

    Police release pictures of a cross that may be related to Jessica's case as well as the case in May. Read more and see pictures of the cross here:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/jessica-ridgeway/police-say-wooden-cross-may-belong-to-jessica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it
    http://www.kctv5.com/story/19867106/recovered-cross-possible-pivotal-piece-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigation
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/19/wooden-cross-could-provide-break-in-ridgeway-case/

    Important reminder: This is a busy thread with many people posting and reading. Please respect your fellow posters and post responsibly
    Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by Salem; 10-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    I just thought of this because I read a book about serial killers in the recent past but has anyone thought about AS and older/elderly victims? I read that young/new killers sometimes .....no good word for this....practice/start with not only animals but the elderly.
    I am really just curious to hear from those of you who have been around on here longer than I have if you have ever heard of this. Do any of these guys go from elderly people to kids? Aside from BTK, I know he didn't care who it was.
    Thanks in advance!
    Btw, I consider y'all my new hobby. : )
    Some moms scrapbook or cook while their kid is napping. I get on WS.
    Naptime should be ending soon but I will check back with y'all after bed time.
    Have a great day and again, thanks to anyone who responds.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,864
    I don't know about the elderly angle but I'd love to hear what you've learned.
    I don't know much about the BTK, for some reason he never really struck an interest with me, so maybe I should learn a bit more about him then what is on wikipedia.

    Welcome!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    680
    Geesh Louise! I'm trying so hard to play 'catch up' in this case! I leave for 10 minutes to take the litter box out - come back two pages behind and a new thread!
    Chatty

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Maizensue View Post
    I just thought of this because I read a book about serial killers in the recent past but has anyone thought about AS and older/elderly victims? I read that young/new killers sometimes .....no good word for this....practice/start with not only animals but the elderly.
    I am really just curious to hear from those of you who have been around on here longer than I have if you have ever heard of this. Do any of these guys go from elderly people to kids? Aside from BTK, I know he didn't care who it was.
    Thanks in advance!
    Btw, I consider y'all my new hobby. : )
    Some moms scrapbook or cook while their kid is napping. I get on WS.
    Naptime should be ending soon but I will check back with y'all after bed time.
    Have a great day and again, thanks to anyone who responds.
    First off - to Websleuths! It does sort of become an obsession, this sleuthing business


    Eta I just noticed youve been a member for a while but an infrequent poster. I guess it is mre acurate to welcome to posting

    In response to your question, I am not aware of the statistics and have no link to provide, but it would appear that AS did not have a specific type. His criteria seems to have been female, but even that is simply an assumption on my part. When the jogger abduction was foiled, he moved on to a younger, smaller, weeker victim in Jessica.

    So weakness/vulnerability would appear to be a factor in his victim selection. In perps such as he, I would think it safe to assume that the elderly, the infirm, or disabled would also fit the bill.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,808
    some people in the last thread were talking about whether AS might have had access to other vehicles. Didn't someone say that his fathers house had a 15 car garage? And I think his Dad was out of town a lot. So I bet he had chances to 'borrow' vehicles from his dad's house.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,232
    15 car garage?!

    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,864
    wow a 15 car garage? That beats out my dad for his mid life criss garage lol. Im sure he had access to other cars, most of us do if our car isn't running etc etc. Im 34 and if my car has issues, I have to call around to borrow for an errand.
    I just hope it's not the case that he did borrow anyone's car, although he wouldn't be the first.
    Gary Ridgeway did so.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    some people in the last thread were talking about whether AS might have had access to other vehicles. Didn't someone say that his fathers house had a 15 car garage? And I think his Dad was out of town a lot. So I bet he had chances to 'borrow' vehicles from his dad's house.
    Possible but hard to say without knowing how involved his dad was in his life. His dad has a colorful criminal history, including DV charges, so it is equally possible IMO that he was estranged from his father and had zero access to his dad's properties or vehicles.


    Not discounting, just don't have enough info to speculate.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    I read that young/newer killers/rapist, if it is a sexual motivation/crime might start with an elderly woman first because they live alone and are easy to subdue. They don't always murder them but sometimes they do. I can't remember the book...maybe it was Mindhunter or one like it. Whatever book everyone reads about profiling serial killers.
    I wanted to know about this bc sometimes on my local news I will hear about an 85 year old woman being sexually assaulted and I used to think, "jeez, really? Why?!" Sometimes the local news would report that they found the guy and he would be in his late teens. Again I would wonder "WTH?"
    *** Please don't think I think same age sexual assaulted doesnt deserve a "WTH" either!!
    Then I read the SK books and one of the authors talks about it.

    As for BTK, all I know is he didn't have a certain person. He murdered young and old and men and women. I will let people who do know about him share because he hasn't been on of the SKs I've been reading about yet. Yet.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Possible but hard to say without knowing how involved his dad was in his life. His dad has a colorful criminal history, including DV charges, so it is equally possible IMO that he was estranged from his father and had zero access to his dad's properties or vehicles.


    Not discounting, just don't have enough info to speculate.
    Has there been any reports of what other vehicles were in AS's house?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    First off - to Websleuths! It does sort of become an obsession, this sleuthing business


    Eta I just noticed youve been a member for a while but an infrequent poster. I guess it is mre acurate to welcome to posting

    In response to your question, I am not aware of the statistics and have no link to provide, but it would appear that AS did not have a specific type. His criteria seems to have been female, but even that is simply an assumption on my part. When the jogger abduction was foiled, he moved on to a younger, smaller, weeker victim in Jessica.

    So weakness/vulnerability would appear to be a factor in his victim selection. In perps such as he, I would think it safe to assume that the elderly, the infirm, or disabled would also fit the bill.
    Thanks! Yes, a viewer and infrequent poster. It takes me awhile to come out of my shell? I also have a toddler. I think of stuff to say but by the time I get a chance to post I am pages and pages (sometimes threads) behind or someone else beat me to it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    Quote Originally Posted by DylansMom34 View Post
    Has there been any reports of what other vehicles were in AS's house?
    I think just the SUV and maybe a scooter. Someone a couple threads back link a news story interviewing one of his peers/acquaintances in which the person discuussed seeing AS riding on his scooter, if I recall correctly.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  14. #14
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattyWoman View Post
    Geesh Louise! I'm trying so hard to play 'catch up' in this case! I leave for 10 minutes to take the litter box out - come back two pages behind and a new thread!
    I know what you mean - dang litterbox seems like it always overflowing as soon as you clean it up... even when there is only one pesky feline.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,512
    Ah! That's why! Ok, understand. I have to say I'm very impressed by the way the mods do their job here on these boards. They are spot on, firm, but I never feel shouted at. And I guess it's not an easy job what with the high amount of traffic some cases get and emotions running high. Plus legal issues have to be considered. I don't think it's always easy, and it's certainly time consuming as well. But the result is a really good forum and very interesting and meaningful discussions. Great job!

    Needed to be said, right?

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 02:10 AM
  2. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 1080
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
  3. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 1138
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
  4. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 923
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
  5. CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2
    By nursebeeme in forum Jessica Ridgeway
    Replies: 865
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread