761 users online (103 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Clark Co., WhtMale UP10716, 30-69, in shallow grave, July'86

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10716

ME/C Case Number: 86-01335
    Clark County, Nevada
    30 to 69 year old White Male

Date found
    July 17, 1986

Location Found
    Address 1 0.8 miles down Power Line Road
    Address 2 0.4 miles South of Mile Post 53, South I-95

Skeletal remains were discovered in a shallow grave approximately 245 feet east of Power Line Road.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2072
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...art_louis.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/856dmid.html

Louis Neguelouart

Missing since December 13, 1985 from Gooding County, Idaho.

Neguelouart was last seen in Gooding County, Idaho on December 13, 1985. His vehicle was found abandoned 15 miles north of Las Vegas on Highway 93. The vehicle was impounded by Nevada Highway Patrol on January 20, 1986.

__________________________________________________ __________________

Power Line Road is approx 15 miles north of Las Vegas just off Highway 93.

Submitted.

Wow, that looks very likely. Nice catch!
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

That is a very solid possible, notwithstanding the height difference.

Whenever I see an adult male listed as less than 65 inches (as the UID is), I am very skeptical.

Excellent work, DippyBlonder!

I looked up Power Line Rd on Google maps, and we are not looking like a very far distance at all from the location John Doe was buried to I-93, where Louis' car was located. The basic location is denoted by the "A" marker in 1st picture. Burial location would have been just off the side of I-95. Pretty lonely stretch of road when there aren't commuters driving between Vegas or the nearby military base and the nearby small towns. Very possible that Louis stopped for rest, food, or gas, and someone murdered him, buried him and took off with the car. Maybe ditching it when it ran out of gas or moved on to another means of transportation.

If Louis drove directly from his home in Idaho, he would have driven down I-93. I calculated the map for "Good County ID to Las Vegas." It's a direct route. So perhaps a likelier possibility is he was kidnapped from the site of the abandoned car and killed, then buried at the site off of Power Line Rd.

Side note: this is my first time uploading photos to WS. Forgive me if I mess it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by micheleonelonly; 10-28-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added basic descriptions for the maps

Quote Originally Posted by micheleonelonly View Post
    Excellent work, DippyBlonder!

I looked up Power Line Rd on Google maps, and we are not looking like a very far distance at all from the location John Doe was buried to I-93, where Louis' car was located. The basic location is denoted by the "A" marker in 1st picture. Burial location would have been just off the side of I-95. Pretty lonely stretch of road when there aren't commuters driving between Vegas or the nearby military base and the nearby small towns. Very possible that Louis stopped for rest, food, or gas, and someone murdered him, buried him and took off with the car. Maybe ditching it when it ran out of gas or moved on to another means of transportation.

If Louis drove directly from his home in Idaho, he would have driven down I-93. I calculated the map for "Good County ID to Las Vegas." It's a direct route. So perhaps a likelier possibility is he was kidnapped from the site of the abandoned car and killed, then buried at the site off of Power Line Rd.

Side note: this is my first time uploading photos to WS. Forgive me if I mess it up.
    Was it ever disclosed what condition the car was in when LE found it (out of gas/other fluids, flat tire, normal working condition, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    Was it ever disclosed what condition the car was in when LE found it (out of gas/other fluids, flat tire, normal working condition, etc)?
    Not that I could find, but I did find that NHP impounded the car on 1/20/86. I wonder if an experience sleuther (cough cough Carl cough cough) might know if Highway Patrol might have records of these things, and how one could go about getting the details? Could we just call?

Louis Neguelouart's Car

I came across an article about Gooding County, ID cold cases and it has more information about Louis Neguelouart's disappearance --

Louis Neguelouart’s vehicle was impounded by the Nevada State Patrol when they found it abandoned 15 miles north of Las Vegas in Jan. 1986. Neguelouart himself has never been found.

According to a report, a wing window on the vehicle was punched out. The keys were inside, along with Neguelouart’s belongings, and nothing mechanically appeared to be wrong.

Neguelouart was last seen in Gooding on Jan. 12, 1986. His boss said he picked up his paycheck, but on Jan. 16, First Security Bank in Gooding told police Neguelouart’s account was overdrawn by $56.

“Several bodies have been found in Nevada but dental records never matched up,” Gough said.

Clues in the disappearance have been sparse.

“We don’t even know who to contact for DNA,” he said.
    http://magicvalley.com/news/local/go...312fdac11.html

Dippy, have you submitted Louis to the investigators? If you're nervous about it, I can call it in, I live in NV and have a NV phone number, so the officers might be more receptive. I don't have experience with Clark County officers, so IDK how cooperative they are.

Anyone experienced in dealing with Clark County or LV Metro Police?

I've submitted to my contact in Namus, she is really good - these things take forever but she keeps chasing and chasing for me

Thank you anyway, and if you want to call it in, please do. The more of us chasing, the more likely someone will look at it!

Quote Originally Posted by micheleonelonly View Post
    Dippy, have you submitted Louis to the investigators? If you're nervous about it, I can call it in, I live in NV and have a NV phone number, so the officers might be more receptive. I don't have experience with Clark County officers, so IDK how cooperative they are.

Anyone experienced in dealing with Clark County or LV Metro Police?

NamUs now has a reconstruction of NamUs UP # 10716 --

The reconstruction looks A LOT like Louis Neguelouart. I'd be surprised if it isn't him.

Louis' page on Charley Project was updated today to say that authorities have been unable to locate relatives for DNA. Looks like someone was working Dippy's tip and found an unfortunate bump in the road.

I had a discussion with Namus about this a few weeks ago and found some family in the Pyrenees and gave them the details. I'll see what I can find out.

I don't understand why they can't make a determination on this one on dentals alone.

the UID was missing only ONE tooth post-mortem and they have dentals for Neguelouart. there is a distinctive rotated Tooth #29 in the UID which is something one would think would be in Neguelouart's dental x-rays if they were one in the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast