Hurricane sandy

Theforeigner

Reaction score
Everyone on the eastcoats you are in my prayers .

PLEASE make sure to DO evacuate if you are in an are that has announced a mandatory evacuations.

I have followed live news in the link below, on and of, for the last 7 hours and there is NO doubt that you risk your life if you take the chance and stay .

Go listen to what they have to say.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/livenow?id=8857235
Live storm coverage from Eyewitness News
Coverage of Hurricane Sandy as events warrant

PS.

In the live news cover (the link I posted ) they compared this comming Sandy storm with the 1938 hurricane that hit, among other locations, Long Island.

Go google: 1938 hurricane Long Island

Then hit the image button.

Then you can see what kind of absolute terrible damages that 1938 hurricane caused!!!

You´v GOT to get out of there IMHO...

Please feel free to copy my post#1 and post it on other relevant topics/threads.

PLEASE make sure to DO evacuate if you are in an are that has announced a mandatory evacuations.

I have followed live news in the link below, on and of, for the last 7 hours and there is NO doubt that you risk your life if you take the chance and stay.

I'm from the East Coast, originally, and I wouldn't evacuate. It's not my style to retreat.

Well, my advice then is leave the ego in the hurricane zone, but get your body, loved ones and pets the hell outta there and be safe!

Sending positive thoughts and well wishes to those on the East Coast!

Please stay safe and check in when you can.

Sue

the exchange is closed. Trains are shutdown. wine rack is full. Im looking forward to it. but Its all fun and games until a tree comes through the living room.

the exchange is closed. Trains are shutdown. wine rack is full. Im looking forward to it. but Its all fun and games until a tree comes through the living room.

The REAL danger is the water, what the experts is talking about is the life risk is; drowning.

LINATIVE,
You 're funny. I hope a tree doesn't come through your window! Enjoy your wine and be safe.
Humor helps to get us through. My husband has been cracking this joke that the only reason our governor announced a mandatory evacuation of AC was so he could have the all you can eat buffets all to himself.

Hope you all stay safe! I'm well off the coast in FL, so a hurricane for me is just rain and wind. You have that and water on the coastline. Make sure any outdoor items are secured inside! Good luck!

its going to really suck for anyone living on the water. This flooding aint gonna be pretty.

The REAL danger is the water, what the experts is talking about is the life risk is; drowning.

The Foreignor,
You are so right.
We just returned from Costco in Hackensack to get some last minute necessary items like extra batteries, more water, cat food and snacks. we went in and every thing looked fine. we came out approx. 30 min later and the exit was flooded and the streets closed off due to high levels of water coming from the hackensack river. if we didnt have our truck, we would have had difficulty getting out of there. and the storm hasnt even hit us yet. take this very seriously folks. water and flying debris, falling trees, downed powerlines, etc.

The flooding will be nothing compared to the 7-10 day power outages according to LIPA. That is what will be the killer. Not to mention that there is already looting in the evacuated areas. We are actually doing pretty good south of Montauk in West Islip, I am one block away from the highway so I can't speak for the areas closer to the bay but we are doing good on my block.

Long Beach, NY is pretty much entirely underwater as are parts of Freeport, Lindenhurst, Copaigue, Amityville, and Massapequa.

Stay safe Native and other LIers

WI1987,
Thxs for the update. The devastation to portions of LI you mention already is unbelievable! And I forgot about the looting! Make and store as much ice as you can in coolers.

Hello fellow WS members.
Our home is within the RED path for Hurricane Sandy...:what:
we have been advised that the wind will topple trees and do all sorts of damages to different things.
Power outages etc.

All I can say is...
praying for not so bad as they think/know it is for us here.

Also wishing all who are also in it's path protection from major damages.
The worst will come at night.
So I doubt we will sleep at all this night.

Also on another level , but related to this storm..
:twocents:
the last time a big storm hit different areas this way it seemed to remove top layers of soil thence revealing different things that had been buried.
As was a few coffins and such unearthed due to the severe soil eruption.
So..I expect to be hearing once this blows over a few cases[ COLD CASES}

being solved due to the soil being disturbed..
as in regards to the remains may be deep into the ground now or covered in some manner, but Mother nature will expose them and people will find them a:hero:

The flooding will be nothing compared to the 7-10 day power outages according to LIPA. That is what will be the killer. Not to mention that there is already looting in the evacuated areas. We are actually doing pretty good south of Montauk in West Islip, I am one block away from the highway so I can't speak for the areas closer to the bay but we are doing good on my block.

Long Beach, NY is pretty much entirely underwater as are parts of Freeport, Lindenhurst, Copaigue, Amityville, and Massapequa.

Stay safe Native and other LIers

:gasp:

I am REALLY worried for those who couldn't or wouldn't evacuate. You are ALL in my prayers!

Hello fellow WS members.
Our home is within the RED path for Hurricane Sandy...:what:
we have been advised that the wind will topple trees and do all sorts of damages to different things.
Power outages etc.

All I can say is...
praying for not so bad as they think/know it is for us here.

Also wishing all who are also in it's path protection from major damages.
The worst will come at night.
So I doubt we will sleep at all this night.

Also on another level , but related to this storm..
:twocents:
the last time a big storm hit different areas this way it seemed to remove top layers of soil thence revealing different things that had been buried.
As was a few coffins and such unearthed due to the severe soil eruption.
So..I expect to be hearing once this blows over a few cases[ COLD CASES}

being solved due to the soil being disturbed..
as in regards to the remains may be deep into the ground now or covered in some manner, but Mother nature will expose them and people will find them a:hero:

I actually had the same thought. It's also a full moon...

Doing good here, lights flickering on and off but I am ok. Over 500,000 without power here on Long Island though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back