1937 users online (335 members and 1602 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Felicia Garcia jumped to death in front of train after bullying

Tormented 15-year-old Felicia Garcia jumped to death in front of train after bullying over sex with football players

The Tottenville High School freshman learned that rumors of her tryst with football players had been recorded. Her final tweet spoke of despair: ‘I cant, im done, I give up.’

BY BEN CHAPMAN, JOE KEMP, CORKY SIEMASZKO & JUSTIN TASCH / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012, 8:50 AM
    UPDATED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012, 8:30 PM

Felicia Garcia is shown in this Facebook photo. Garcia, 15, jumped as the train arrived at the Huguenot station on Huguenot Ave., Staten Island on Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2102. The platform was packed with nearly 200 students, witnesses said.

The tormented Staten Island teenager who killed herself by jumping in the path of a train was bullied to death by classmates after she had sex with four football players, police sources said Thursday.

Felicia Garcia, a 15-year-old freshman at Tottenville High School, was driven to her death when two classmates blabbed about the encounters — and she learned that it had been recorded.

“Kids are saying she had sex with some guys from the football team at a party after the game,” said a friend of the doomed girl who asked not to be identified. “Later on they wouldn't leave her alone about it. They just kept bullying her and bullying her.”

(snip)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2AdynCmyF
    Last edited by daisy7; 10-29-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: snipped for copyright

Very nice follow-up story of Staten Island businesses paying for Felicia's funeral expenses.
    http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...ses_to_co.html

It is also encouraging to read that LE is following up on those who bullied her and the school seems to be taking it seriously as well.

Saw this very sad and tragic story yesterday on Facebook, so I researched it further on the internet. What I saw further saddened me - as she is still being bullied in her death. This has got to stop! People can be so evil and cruel.

My heart and prayers go out to her family. Such a tragic thing to have happened.

As is so often the case with teen suicide, it's too simplistic to point to one cause as the reason a child kills herself. As the first article states, "a long-troubled life" preceded this tragic death. She wasn't doing well and then suddenly made a 180 degree turn due to being made fun of for promiscuous sex at a party.

I'd love to hear what some of the kids from school have said about the whole bullying situation..
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

In foster care, ran away from home at least seven times, 15 years old and let four guys take turns with her... anyone else think this girl had a history of sexual abuse?

Heartbreaking either way. Rest in peace, Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by rachaellouise View Post
    I'd love to hear what some of the kids from school have said about the whole bullying situation..
    Same here.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

This story makes me want to off myself.

Sorry, but that is just so upsetting. The bullies should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law -- for murder.

Murder by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sha View Post
    This story makes me want to off myself.
    Sha, you OK? That's a pretty serious comment there. Makes me a bit worried for you. Do you need to talk? I'm here...as are many others.

This is a terrible story - and stories like this can stir memories and feelings...and I do agree - there should be an investigation into the bullies. She was troubled, indeed, but that doesn't negate actions taken by others which push one over the edge.

God speed, Felicia...may you find the peace you've always wanted there in God's Arms.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Oh thank you, Herding Cats. I'm okay. Now I know what the term "trigger" means. This story really triggered me. Feelings and memories of being bullied for 8 years in school as well as abused at home, and then bullied some more after growing up. I thought it would be over when I got out of high school, but it wasn't. I shouldn't have posted that. I'm sorry, but it really upset me. I'm okay. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    Sha, you OK? That's a pretty serious comment there. Makes me a bit worried for you. Do you need to talk? I'm here...as are many others.

This is a terrible story - and stories like this can stir memories and feelings...and I do agree - there should be an investigation into the bullies. She was troubled, indeed, but that doesn't negate actions taken by others which push one over the edge.

God speed, Felicia...may you find the peace you've always wanted there in God's Arms.

Best-
    Herding Cats

As long as you're all right, dear Sha. I know about triggers...and I am sorry you went through roiling emotions. But I will say this to you - you're a SURVIVOR, and because you are, you'll get through this. And I'm always here to talk if you need it.

Hugs and love and prayers for peace in your soul...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

This is so incredibly sad..I cant even find the right words,The torture and pain she dealt with had to to leave her feeling so alone,betrayed and used.I can physically feel her pain in my heart and soul just by reading her story,so just imagine how much pain she was in!!! RIP Felicia I wish i could have known you or had the chance to help.