GUILTY FL - Jahala Watson, 39, pregnant, murdered, Mulberry, 22 June 1993

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/ap/ap/florida/sheriff-1993-fla-murder-solved-_-the-son-did-it/nSpyf/

MULBERRY, Fla. — Investigators say they have solved the 1993 slaying of a pregnant Polk County woman with the arrest of her son.

Polk County sheriff's investigators said Friday they have arrested Christopher Shane Knight, who was 19 when his 39-year-old mother Jahala Watson was stabbed to death. He remains jailed on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges........more at link.....

Woman's Son Arrested; Is a Suspect in 19-Year-Old Cold Case

http://www.theledger.com/article/20121026/NEWS/121029490?p=1&tc=pg

MULBERRY | Deputies said Friday that one of Polk County's most perplexing murder mysteries, the stabbing death of 39-year-old Jahala Watson in 1993, has been solved.

The accused killer is Watson's son, Christopher Shane Knight, now 39. Knight is also accused of killing Watson's unborn son, who was to be named Skylar. Watson was seven months pregnant when she was fatally stabbed in her neck.

Knight, who goes by his middle name of Shane, was booked into the Polk County Jail late Thursday on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges.

Jahala Watson was well known and liked in Mulberry. She had closed down her Mulberry restaurant, Jahala's, two months before her death in June

During a press conference Friday, Polk Sheriff Grady Judd said Knight was 19 when Watson died. He said mother and son lived together at 3755 Davis Road and fought constantly, usually about money or who was to drive her car......................

When asked if he killed his mother, Knight said “I want to say no, but I might have,” the arrest report said. He said “it all points to me,” and “it looks to me like I done it,” the report said.

He also said that looking at the evidence, he would put himself in the electric chair, the report said..........more at link.....

damn, that's horrible that her own son killed his mother. he must have went into a blind rage.

Why is there nothing else in the news about this? Surely, there's been a trial by now. Or at least some type of legal proceedings.

From May 2014:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20140502/NEWS/140509880

A Lakeland man pleaded guilty to two counts of manslaughter and was sentenced Friday to six years in prison in the stabbing death of his pregnant mother almost 21 years ago...

During Friday's hearing, Cox told Circuit Judge Catherine Combee that the case has been unusual for him because the victim's family has been supportive of Knight...

Knight also will get about 18 months of credit for time already served while awaiting his trial, meaning he might be eligible for release in 12 months or less, Taylor said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back