Govt: Prostitute or lose benefits!

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits'
By Clare Chapman
(Filed: 30/01/2005)

A 25-year-old waitress who turned down a job providing "sexual services'' at a brothel in Berlin faces possible cuts to her unemployment benefit under laws introduced this year.

Fantasy Six Nations

Prostitution was legalised in Germany just over two years ago and brothel owners – who must pay tax and employee health insurance – were granted access to official databases of jobseekers.

The waitress, an unemployed information technology professional, had said that she was willing to work in a bar at night and had worked in a cafe.

She received a letter from the job centre telling her that an employer was interested in her "profile'' and that she should ring them. Only on doing so did the woman, who has not been identified for legal reasons, realise that she was calling a brothel.

Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit. Last month German unemployment rose for the 11th consecutive month to 4.5 million, taking the number out of work to its highest since reunification in 1990.........................

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/01/30/wgerm30.xml

:eek:

Uh... words fail me. This is just wrong. :doh:

I am truly thankful to be an American. My body is mine to do as I so choose. I am capable of making my own decisions. I am not looked down on as women in other countries around the globe. We may fret and fuss, we may say unkind things about our government but in the end I must say I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free to have my own thoghts and live by my morals... I LOVE LIVING IN AMERICA...I thank GOD everyday for what we have .

CJ78 said:
I am truly thankful to be an American. My body is mine to do as I so choose. I am capable of making my own decisions. I am not looked down on as women in other countries around the globe. We may fret and fuss, we may say unkind things about our government but in the end I must say I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free to have my own thoghts and live by my morals... I LOVE LIVING IN AMERICA...I thank GOD everyday for what we have .

AMEN~!!!!! :dance: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back