Parents douse 15 yr old daughter with acid in Pakistan

I will just never understand this 'honor' killing nonsense. It is so foreign to me. :rose:

It's good that this is in the media. Sometimes just shining the light of day on this kind of evil is a positive thing.

I will never understand how harming, much less killing one's own child gives anyone any honor. It just makes them monsters.

It's disgusting and is a unfortunate representation of a very misunderstood culture.

I will never understand how harming, much less killing one's own child gives anyone any honor. It just makes them monsters.

It's disgusting and is a unfortunate representation of a very misunderstood culture.

I see it both ways, with extremes on either end.

In the US, there are teenagers trying to get pregnant and they have the government supported health care giving them fertility advise, and every kind of support for their babies. Those families who are producing nothing and only burdening our society have no shame. All lights are green, go go go have your babies you can't support, and by all means get pregnant without any means to support your kids if it appears you might be infertile.
This will bring us down if it continues unchecked for the next generation. The US will fall away, a failed grand experiment in freedom - because we refuse to shame anyone who is behaving horribly.

The OTHER end of the spectrum, that is also awful, is a culture that kills their kids for having flirty relationships with members of the opposite sex they aren't married to, and if they get pregnant, can't support a baby. I do see webforum postings from young couples in muslim countries, who have become pregnant unintentionally, and are now facing death or complete estrangement. They're asking for home remedy abortion techniques.

Can we reach a middle ground? Can we all return to agreeing that unmarried pregnancies are NOT DESIRABLE, and while it's COMPLETELY undesirable it's not a death sentence?

That would be great. Really.

Do these families have acid lying around just in case? I watched a program about this featuring a group of women who were all deformed with acid by husbands or fathers, and it stunned me that apparently this acid is so easy to get a hold of. Is there a local that has it available for the unplanned honor killing/maiming? Do they buy it at the market? Do they sit and drain car batteries of their acid to accumulate enough. Maybe making the acid less accessible would be a start? I doubt they can "educate" people out of their cultural beliefs overnight, but for god's sake, they should at least make it harder to do.

My youngest daughter will be 15 in a few days. She's a normal young girl, it's NORMAL to want to talk to a boy. :( I can't imagine harming my daughter. I only want to help her, to love her. I would never harm one hair on her head.

People like these - not parents - they are monsters. Regardless of culture. That is your CHILD!

This gets me so furious. How does a mother who probably breast fed, swaddled and tended to her daughter's booboos turn around and help her husband murder her? It's so backwards that talking to a boy is more shameful than murdering your daughter.

These people are animals living in the dark ages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back