MI MI - Pontiac, WhtFem 35-55, UP9901, necklace w/ angel pendant, upper denture, Sep'99

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/294ufmi.html
Unidentified White or Hispanic Female

•Discovered on September 12, 1999 in Lake Angelus, northern border of Pontiac City in Michigan.
•Estimated date of death: It is estimated that death occurred at least 4 - 9 months prior to discovery.
•State of Remains: Skeletal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 30 - 70 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'3"; 130 - 160 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Long red hair.
•Dentals: Full dental upper plate. There was no identifications put on the plate. Four lower front teeth appear to be in poor condition.
•Clothing: She was wearing a long-sleeve pullover sweat shirt, faded size 14 Basic Equipment blue jeans and youth size 6 Nike sneakers. She also wore an angel pendant and a cloth bracelet with letters that stand for "What Would Jesus Do".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was found in northern border of Pontiac City, MI, in a field off Lake Angelus Road near Baldwin Road, in September 1999. She could have been missing from September 1998.
Exposure to the elements left no flesh on the bones. The woman may have died naturally or from something else that would have left no trace on her skeleton. A stab wound to an internal organ that did not strike a bone would leave no trace after such a time. Investigators found no evidence on the woman's clothes to indicate that she had bled before dying. The area where the body was found is more than 100 yards from the nearest road and gets little foot traffic

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female

•Discovered on September 12, 1999 in Lake Angelus, northern border of Pontiac City in Michigan.
•Estimated date of death: It is estimated that death occurred at least 4 - 9 months prior to discovery.
•State of Remains: Skeletal

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 30 - 70 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'3"; 130 - 160 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Long red hair.
•Dentals: Full dental upper plate. There was no identifications put on the plate. Four lower front teeth appear to be in poor condition.
•Clothing: She was wearing a long-sleeve pullover sweat shirt, faded size 14 Basic Equipment blue jeans and youth size 6 Nike sneakers. She also wore an angel pendant and a cloth bracelet with letters that stand for "What Would Jesus Do".

Case History
The victim was found in northern border of Pontiac City, MI, in a field off Lake Angelus Road near Baldwin Road, in September 1999. She could have been missing from September 1998.
Exposure to the elements left no flesh on the bones. The woman may have died naturally or from something else that would have left no trace on her skeleton. A stab wound to an internal organ that did not strike a bone would leave no trace after such a time. Investigators found no evidence on the woman's clothes to indicate that she had bled before dying. The area where the body was found is more than 100 yards from the nearest road and gets little foot traffic.

What do you think about this lady as a possible match?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7551/1/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2635dfmi.html

•Date Of Birth: October 29, 1966
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 110-115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Possibly had a broken right arm and a pin in her leg from a traffic accident when she was younger.
•Dentals: Available
•Fingerprints: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jobson was last seen leaving a bar in the City of Flint. She was dating a man in Michigan that is from Kentucky. Jobson's family thought she had gone to Kentucky with this man.

Why I thought this could be a possible match:

*Age is within Range

*Robin had LONG red hair like the UID

* Height is close

*Pontiac City MI (where the uid was found) and Flint MI -( where Robin went missing from) Are 42 miles apart

* Date Robin went missing and when UID was found are 16 months apart (family isn't exactly sure when Robin went missing, I am taking since they thought she went to KY with a man)

It says that Robin's dentals are available, the UID had an upper dental plate... it should be an easy rule out, wouldn't you think?

Do you think I should submit this?

These reconstructions make me SO ANGRY. First of all, that one on the left doesn't even look like a real person. Secondly, if the UID had "long, red hair", WHY does the sketch show her with short brown hair??

But yes, seems like an easy rule out based on the denture plate.

What about Ruth? http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/RuthHoffman.html

The timeline seems off but Ruth was a paranoid schizophrenic, so who knows where she might have been for 13 years.

Yeah, I'd say it's close enough to submit. Here are the side-by Sides:

294UFMI.jpg
294UFMI1.jpg
RJobson.jpg

These reconstructions make me SO ANGRY. First of all, that one on the left doesn't even look like a real person. Secondly, if the UID had "long, red hair", WHY does the sketch show her with short brown hair??

The timeline seems off but Ruth was a paranoid schizophrenic, so who knows where she might have been for 13 years.

I know the reconstructions don't seem to match the descriptions of the UID.

I believe Ruth Hoffman is being compared to another UID found in MI, I think they are waiting for DNA.

I sent an email to both contacts on Robin's page... The LE for the City of Flint (where Robin went missing from) and the Case Manager listed on her NamUs profile. I also put a read receipt so I know when the emails have been read.

If I don't hear back, I will call the contact that is listed for the UID.

I already got an email back... see below

This information was brought to our attention by the Oakland County Medical Examiner in 2003 and she was excluded as our missing. Thank you for your effort and concern. Sgt. Greg Hosmer

back to square one... I wil check about Ruth Hoffman. This UID isn't listed in NamUs, I wish she were so we could possibly see a ruleout list.

I agree, the reconstruction is terrible. I've never seen anybody look like this drawing!

What about Christina Schutz?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2265dfmi.html

She is 5'2'' which is right in range with the UID
She had long brown hair that had red streaks
She went missing from Flint, Michigan which is about 42 minutes away (according to google maps)
She went missing on November 2, 1998

She's a little younger than the UID but her facial structure sort of resembles the reconstructions IMO (even though the reconstructions are AWFUL!)

Attachments

• CLSchutz.jpg
    CLSchutz.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 14
That seems like a great possible, too. It seems so obvious that these gals from Michigan would have been checked, but we all know that's not necessarily the case.

I agree, the reconstruction is terrible. I've never seen anybody look like this drawing!

What about Christina Schutz?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2265dfmi.html

She is 5'2'' which is right in range with the UID
She had long brown hair that had red streaks
She went missing from Flint, Michigan which is about 42 minutes away (according to google maps)
She went missing on November 2, 1998

She's a little younger than the UID but her facial structure sort of resembles the reconstructions IMO (even though the reconstructions are AWFUL!)

Hey she's a possible.. wish we knew what her dentals were.... I have heard that being a heroin user can screw up your teeth, maybe that could be reason the UID has an upper dental plate. I am going to ask Greg Hosmer since he is with Flint Police Dept (even though he isn't listed as a contact for Christina. It can't hurt. (I don't want to step on your toes, I just want to take advantage of the LE person that actually emailed me back!!!)

Hey she's a possible.. wish we knew what her dentals were.... I have heard that being a heroin user can screw up your teeth, maybe that could be reason the UID has an upper dental plate. I am going to ask Greg Hosmer since he is with Flint Police Dept (even though he isn't listed as a contact for Christina. It can't hurt. (I don't want to step on your toes, I just want to take advantage of the LE person that actually emailed me back!!!)

Sounds good to me! Thanks Chaddylex!!! Please let us know what you hear back.

Sounds good to me! Thanks Chaddylex!!! Please let us know what you hear back.

I just sent him an email. He was pretty quick yesterday with emailing me back. It also said that Christina was part hispanic and the UID is listed as possible hispanic.....

I will let you know as soon as I hear from him. (I am leaving work soon, but I can check my work email from home...)

I received this email back from Greg Hosmer this morning:

I am assigned to the Violent Crime Task Force (Cold Case Unit) which primarily handles unsolved homicides. I have investigated a few missing persons, when it is apparent a homicide probably occured. However, missing persons are normally investigated by our Juvenile Division. I can refer you to Sgt. Sondra Taylor who runs that Division at staylor@cityofflint.com. I hope this helps you. Sgt. Hosmer

I am going to send Sondra Taylor and email now.

Will she only check juveniles? /confused

This UID was an adult, and obviously all the missing persons who need to be compared to it will be adults, too.

Maybe that is her division speciality, but maybe she checks all missing persons. (who knows?) I sent her an email, I haven't received anything back yet.

Got this email this morning

Thanks for a possible lead. This case is assigned to one of my officers, Officer James Wheeler. I have given him all of this information he will be contacting you.

She also left me his number in case I had questions for him, but I didn't want to post on here.

Thanks Traacker for suggesting Christina!!

Got this email this morning

Thanks for a possible lead. This case is assigned to one of my officers, Officer James Wheeler. I have given him all of this information he will be contacting you.

She also left me his number in case I had questions for him, but I didn't want to post on here.

Thanks Traacker for suggesting Christina!!

Thanks for calling her in, Chaddylex!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back