LA LA - Tova Barnett, 19, Baton Rouge, 2 Dec 2000

ktgirl

Verified College Instructor
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for Tova so I wanted to start one. Not a lot of info on her.

She was 19 when she disappeared. She's 5'3", 118lbs, African-American. She was last seen in Baton Rouge on 12/2/2000.

I cannot find much more info on her disappearance. Here's her case report from NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/4047.

She is an absolutely beautiful girl. I wish there was more info on her.

(I am wondering if she was a victim of the Baton Rouge Serial Killer Derrick Todd Lee as he'd have been active during her disappearance - but I know he was in & out of jail some for other offenses, not sure if he'd be out or in on 12/2/2000. Also wonder about one of the areas "other" serial killers, Jeffrey Lee Guillory.)

We need a bit more info:

Where in Baton Rouge was she seen last time? did she live there?
Did she have a boyfriend or something?

:bump: for Tova.

I wish we had more info about her case and her life.

She certainly has the high cheekbones that many of DTL's victims shared. Beautiful girl.

Wish we'd get more info on this case....
:bump:

This woman has clearly captured the hearts of many of us here. I hope her family knows that people are still looking out for her.
Bump

Looking to find any information on Tova Barnett that went missing in BTR LA

The Doe Network: Tova Jaileau Barnett - 3178DFLA

Questions:
1. Why did her family wait so long to repeat her missing? Last seen on December 2 2000 a missing reports didn’t happen until December 16th.
2. Why is no one talking about her car that was found at the mall? This indicates she met up with someone and left her car there or she was kidnapped?
3. Why aren’t security mall cameras being used in this case?
Let’s solve her case

Tova's NamUs page was modified on July 14. It now says she was last seen with a girlfriend. Still very limited information, but at least it's something.
Sounds like they suspect foul play but purposefully withholding information. Classic case of “missing” because her body hasn’t been found but they have a suspect(s).

After 24 years, it appears Tova's story is finally being told. This video was made by a high school friend of Tova's' and it provides a bit more dimension to her disappearance. The friend recalls Tova as being very quiet and an introvert. Both of them attended a religious private school that had a very strict code of conduct. The podcast host contacted a male classmate of Tova's who claims they briefly dated in high school; after their relationship ended, Tova found herself a girlfriend. After that relationship ended, Tova had another girlfriend who was allegedly violent towards her and had her involved in robberies and other illegal activities. The police tried to pin the disappearance on her girlfriend, but nothing materialised. Tova's vehicle was left behind at the Mall of Louisana, indicating she may have gotten in a car with someone she knew. According to the male classmate, Tova was back and forth between cities.

“I remember reading her yearbook message to me the other day, and she said at the bottom, don’t forget about your girl and I don’t know why that just sticks with me, and it just makes me feel like it is about this moment,” said Daniel.

According to LSU’s repository for unidentified and missing people. There are over 500 open missing person cases in Louisiana alone. The state is ranked No. 16 and only a few cases have been solved.

Barnett’s missing has brought pain to many, but also a purpose for Daniel.

“I decided to start a podcast called Found Missing, and one of the cases that I wanted to solve first was Tova. Her case is still classified as a missing person. So now I’m trying to push for it to be moved over to homicide,” said Daniel.

Daniel has been working closely with deputies to get Barnett’s case reopened and investigated.

“A lie can never keep up with the truth and so, you know, although we have not found a body, unfortunately, the goal now is just to find a motive and to find out what could have possibly happened to her,” said Daniel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back