901 users online (146 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Police seek gunman who wounded 7 at crowded fair, Savannah

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Police searched Sunday for at least one gunman who wounded seven people, mostly teenagers, overnight after opening fire amid the rides at a crowded fair in Georgia.

Nobody was killed in the shooting late Saturday at the Coastal Empire Fair on Savannah's suburban south side, but seven people were treated for gunshot wounds at area hospitals, Savannah-Chatham County police spokesman Julian Miller said Sunday.

"The place was packed," Miller said. "It was Saturday night at the fair, and that's a big night."

Witnesses described seeing a gunman wearing a dark jumpsuit, he said, but investigators hadn't ruled out the possibility there was more than one shooter.......more at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

That makes me so mad. A bunch of happy teens at a fair, going on the rides. And someone shoots them for NO REASON.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The Great Swamp
    Yeah....... I am sure they had their reasons.

NOT condoning it!

This is the same fair that I had a car stolen from 13 years ago. I grew up going to this fair and the crowd has gotten to where only certain types are there at night.

It's a shame.