1251 users online (227 members and 1024 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2015 will be the class of 75's 40 year reunion.

I wonder if the local news paper in the school district would run an article about this girl?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I kicked off an e-mail to the RELHS 75 website admin to ask him if he recognizes this girl, and if so, if he knows whether her post-1980's whereabouts can be accounted for.
    The sketch is so incredibly similar to the girl in the photo! Did you ever get an email back from the admin?

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLove832 View Post
    The sketch is so incredibly similar to the girl in the photo! Did you ever get an email back from the admin?
    No. He never responded.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    No. He never responded.
    You have such a good eye for this. That sketch looks identical to the girl in the photo. Has anyone looked to see if that school has a FB page? Perhaps even that graduating class has one also? When I was seeking my sisters last school photo, I went on to the High School FB page and made a post asking about the 1972 yearbook. They linked me to the 1972 graduating class page, and while my sister was not near old enough to graduate, someone from that page sent me the page from her yearbook that had the photo we were seeking. Perhaps you could even post the class photo and just ask in general who can identify them and where are they now? Just a thought........
    Debora Sue Lowe - Age 13, missing from Pompano, FL since February 29, 1972 (Leap Year)
    Missing Child Haunts Family Nearly 40 Years Later - 9/19/2011
    White Female
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 56″
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Debbie is believed to have been a victim of the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer Jr. He was convicted of only two murders in the 1970s but is believed to be responsible for the murders and disappearances of many other girls and young women in the 60s and 70s, including Wendy Stevenson, Peggy Rahn ,Carmen Hallock, Pamela Nater and Nancy Leichner in 1966.

• Everything I write is JMHO and NO OFFENSE is INTENDED

I did a search on facebook and Robert E Lee high school has an alumni page. Maybe someone could ask an admin of the page for help.
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

Has anyone tried to contact the gentleman who posted the photos? (Is that okay for anyone to do?) I haven't gone through this whole case, so forgive me if I am repeating a question.

I just saw Robert E Lee pop up and wondered if this is a school in Alabama. (I grew up near there, but wouldn't know this person in particular.) This school was our school's football rival. Going to catch up on the case now.

The ring that was found is dated 1975.

If princess doe was found in 1990 and estimated to be 16 to 22 years old, that means she would have been, at most, 7 years old in 1975. So there's no way she would have been in the graduating class picture of 1975.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    The ring that was found is dated 1975.

If princess doe was found in 1990 and estimated to be 16 to 22 years old, that means she would have been, at most, 7 years old in 1975. So there's no way she would have been in the graduating class picture of 1975.

Or am I missing something?
    If you assume that the age estimates are correct, then you would be right. Princess Doe would not have been the original owner of that high school ring.

But age estimates are not infallible. Just this week, we saw a Jane Doe found in 1991 in Boron California finally ID'd as Diana Renee Smith of Reynoldsburg, Ohio. She was estimated to have been between 25 and 45 years old. Diana was only 18 when she died.

Identified! CA - Boron, WhtFem 780UFCA, 25-45, Rose Tattoo Rt. Breast, Sep'91 Diana Renee Smith

(Her NamUs page indicated 20 years old, but her sister said in an online post that she was 18.)
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Or, the girl in the picture could be Princess Doe's sister or mother or some other relative.
    (Long time lurker, but first time poster)

I think its a big coincidence that there should be an unidentified girl found wearing that ring and in the class photo for that year, there should be a girl who fits her description so perfectly.

I don't like coincidences, I think they certainly could be one and the same. I don't set too much store by the age estimates personally. I realise that they have methods to determine the age ranges for UIDs, but these methods are clearly not infallible.

There was a UK UID identified not so long ago. She was estimated to be in her late teens/early twenties but turned out to be 37 if I remember correctly.

Does anyone on Websleuths live in the locality of this school? There must be someone! They could ask around and see if anyone recognises her.

Failing that, are there any local Facebook groups or similar where her photo could be posted?

Thumbs up Robert E Lee 1975 YEAR BOOK now online to view!!

Here's the website for the yearbook for the class of 1975 at Robert E Lee in Houston.

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/...=1393913746108

Scroll down to page 281 which is yearbook page 277.

First girl, first row of students, someone named K.L. (Persons initials). This seems to be the girl that was picked from the class photo that most resembled Princess Blue. Although I could be wrong, just my opinion based on looking at all the photos in the yearbook.

Here's the side by side view of the 2 of them.

Heres a website that has a big list of websites to check out that are associated with the high school we are looking at.

http://en.cyclopaedia.net/wiki/Rober...chool-(Houston)

And a few more websites with pics and info....

Houston Lee alumni website...

http://www.houstonleealumni.org/lee/...ss_Photos.html

Another class of 75 website to check out.

http://www.lee75.org/class_index.cfm

Hopefully these new sites with info will help us solve this!

*******. Edited to add that you 'might' have to register at classmates.com in order to view the year book they have available.
    Last edited by WantingToHelp; 03-04-2014 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Edited to notify others they may have to register at classmates.com in order to view the year book.

Looking at the yearbook, I think it's a girl with the initials "JSS" that looks like the one from the group photo. It appears that she is still alive though with a married last name starting with "C."

Quote Originally Posted by WantingToHelp View Post
    First girl, first row of students, someone named K.L. (Persons initials). This seems to be the girl that was picked from the class photo that most resembled Princess Blue. Although I could be wrong, just my opinion based on looking at all the photos in the yearbook.
    KL's chin is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptick View Post
    Looking at the yearbook, I think it's a girl with the initials "JSS" that looks like the one from the group photo. It appears that she is still alive though with a married last name starting with "C."
    I agree. I think JSS is the same girl.

So we know the look a like is alive and well.....

I guess the next thing would see if a child or cousin or niece of hers is missing.

Does anyone know how accurate these police photos are???

The stats for Princess Blue says that it's likely that either a parent or grandparent was black. There is a lady with the initials LDE. She passed away in 1980 at 23 years old from an accident. According to her autopsy, she had never married. Could a relative of her's, like a niece, worn her ring in her memory?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast