I'm back

DeeDee249

Reaction score
It would take more than some stupid Hurricane to blow ME away. But I have a lot of catching up to do. My home is OK but my isand (Long Beach Island, NJ) is NOT. Lost 2 cars. But some peope lost everything, so I'm lucky. Now...I have to catch up om things. I assume the case has not been solved in my absence. So back to the threads. Hope you all were safe in the storm.

Thanks, DD. Your absence is always noticed and you are missed here more than you can imagine.

I also pray for the best for anyone else affected by the storm.

Welcome back, DeeDee. You were greatly missed. I'm always reading here. Sending well wishes to you and everyone affected by the hurricane. Here's to coming back stronger and building better than ever! xo ariel

Hi DeeDee, welcome back. I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the hurricane. Down here in South Jersey [near Vineland], we lucked out and really only got some winds and a little precipitation (I think the eye passed right over us). Didn't even lose power... =/

Thanks, all. I live on LBI, one of the barrier islands that got hit the worst. I haven't been back to my house yet- we lost the ground floor and 2 cars. Interesting- the elevator worked after being reset. I had remembered to send it up to the top floor before I left. We'll have to replace the cables because salt water is so corrosive after the insurance is settled. For now, they say it is safe. I guess I'll find out- the gas company hooked up the gas lines this week so residents can return home. It's only 3 stories so I won't have far to fall if the elevator cables snap.
We've been staying with my husband's sister, his late brother's son, and their semi-vicious pit bull Pinky. Pinky LOVES us. Go figure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back